• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Times You Thought "Hmm..."

When you played a Zelda game, were there ever any times you ever stopped and thought "Hmm.....they could have done that better.." In any Zelda game? (They is Nintendo, of course)
For intance, when playing phantom hourglass, I found my self often thinkink about the bar tone on characters, like link's hat. The tone was made up of very obvious bars, no smooth shading or tone at all.
I thought they could have done that better-toon, but smooth toned. Like Super Mario 64 DS, that was toonish, and that had quite good tone. I think If Nintendo had done that kind of tone on Phantom Hourglass, I think, the game would definetly have looked better.
So what about you, did you ever think something could have been done better?

Generally the bosses in the 3D games, Most are to easy imho. I'm replaying MM now and because i haven't played it in years, it takes a while to beat the bosses which is nice.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Generally the bosses in the 3D games, Most are to easy imho. I'm replaying MM now and because i haven't played it in years, it takes a while to beat the bosses which is nice.
Am I the only person in the world that hates this complaint in regard to bosses?

In my opinion, as long as a boss is fun, perplexing and somewhat epic, i'm happy no matter the difficulty.

I'd rather that over a cheap shot, mass damage, near impossible to beat boss that's more of a chore than a fun challenge....

Am I the only person in the world that hates this complaint in regard to bosses?

In my opinion, as long as a boss is fun, perplexing and somewhat epic, i'm happy no matter the difficulty.

I'd rather that over a cheap shot, mass damage, near impossible to beat boss that's more of a chore than a fun challenge....

Yeah, but i mentioned (in a way) That the first time is always fun, because you don't know anything about it, you have to work things out for yourself, like i said in majora's mask. But generally, once you've played it more than once, you just seem to beat them in a few shots. But that can't be helped.

S

spirittracks

I thought they could make Phantom hourglass a lottttttttt harder it was as easy as $h!t:):)

D

Dirty Link

the mini boss in jabu jabu's belly. Unless im that dense and im missing something. The whole fight is chasing him around a spikey island thing and throwing a boomerang at him. Every time i do it, i think, there has to be a better way to get this done. Its so tedious

R

rnddim

I think (almost) everyone who's played through OoT will agree:
The Iron Boots in the Water Temple could definitely have been done better (they knew, of course; every single game afterwards uses the Iron Boots as an item for the C buttons/X, Y, and Z/what have you).

Apple

Crazy Cookie
I think (almost) everyone who's played through OoT will agree:
The Iron Boots in the Water Temple could definitely have been done better (they knew, of course; every single game afterwards uses the Iron Boots as an item for the C buttons/X, Y, and Z/what have you).

Definitely this, along with the bosses. Some of them are just way too easy and has terribly easy-to-figure-out-how-to-beat-me strategies.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
When you played a Zelda game, were there ever any times you ever stopped and thought "Hmm.....they could have done that better.." In any Zelda game? (They is Nintendo, of course)
For intance, when playing phantom hourglass, I found my self often thinkink about the bar tone on characters, like link's hat. The tone was made up of very obvious bars, no smooth shading or tone at all.
I thought they could have done that better-toon, but smooth toned. Like Super Mario 64 DS, that was toonish, and that had quite good tone. I think If Nintendo had done that kind of tone on Phantom Hourglass, I think, the game would definetly have looked better.
So what about you, did you ever think something could have been done better?

Well I too believe that they could've done the graphics in Phantom Hourglass much better but I didn't mind it too much. In fact in some ways they were better than that of Wind Waker but I digress.

Also it isn't always Nintendo that makes Zelda. Capcom made Minish Cap and the Oracles.

Moving on I haven't thought much about how they could've done things better but a lot of the time when playing Ocarina of Time I think 'Why did Nintendo have to make Navi so annoying?!'.

Also when playing Phantom Hourglass I always thought 'Why did they have to make it so easy?! It's so hard to die even when you try! Plus the sailing! Oh how I loathe the sailing in this game! And then the Temple of the Ocean King! It's so freaking annoying! And then at the end it's so dang easy!'.

In Twilight Princess I think 'Why do they have to make this so easy?' but in my opinion everything else that's good about it makes up for the difficulty.

In Wind Waker I always think 'Why do they have to make the camera so awkward?'.

Those are just a few that I can currently think of.

Navi. Why didn't I think of Navi, that little pest? Or tingle? Tingle, I found really annoying, He seemed to reintroduce himslef every time you met him. They could have worked that better.

R

rnddim

Moving on I haven't thought much about how they could've done things better but a lot of the time when playing Ocarina of Time I think 'Why did Nintendo have to make Navi so annoying?!'.
HEY HEY HEY LINK LISTEN HEY LISTEN LINK HEY HEY HEY WATCH OUT LISTEN HEY HEY WATCH OUT LINK HEY HEY LISTEN HEY WATCH OUT LINK WATCH OUT LISTEN HEY LINK (sorry, couldn't resist :D)
Ah, forgot about freaking Temple of the Ocean King. I heard there's something like Temple of the Ocean King in Spirit Tracks, but there's no time limit (no hourglass) and no solving the same floor over and over and over and over again.
What else is there... oh! I hate in Minish Cap where the fairy restores a whopping FOUR HEARTS. YES. ONLY FOUR HEARTS. In Phantom's Hourglass, the "fairy" (purple potion) only heals EIGHT HEARTS (or six, I can't remember exactly)! I think, of these two handheld Legend of Zelda games I've played, they do a really poor job of fairies and bottles on the handhelds.

D

Dirty Link

why doesnt shiek need a goron tunic when she meets you outside the fire temple?

Zarom

The King
why doesnt shiek need a goron tunic when she meets you outside the fire temple?

Because Sheik is Zelda and she has magical powers. She also has the Triforce of Wisdom, which could grant her resistance to heat and cold. ;)

Last edited:

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I've been thinking so in TP and WW. Those two were full of great ideas, but...

Oh, well. That's the only slight bad thing about those games. They are great, no matter what. But think, how greater they could had been if the good ideas on them were used to the fullest?

I've been thinking so in TP and WW. Those two were full of great ideas, but...

Oh, well. That's the only slight bad thing about those games. They are great, no matter what. But think, how greater they could had been if the good ideas on them were used to the fullest?

I think WW could've been much more enjoyable in sailing had been cut down. It was just so freaking tedious having to wait so long to get from place to place (A beef I still have with PH and ST). Also, the islands needed to be much bigger. Windfall was the only island I thought did an okay job, but I would've liked about three more "Windfall" islands that were about twice as large at the least.

For TP, the items could've been used better. The Horse Whistle would have been very handy had you got it earlier on, and the Dominion Rod and Ball and Chain were awesome items that didn't get used much. I do have high hopes for Zelda Wii fixing this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom