• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Old Games

Some old games just never fade, and i dont think i can say that to more than a few of the newer games. one good example is tetris not exactly sure but probably 30 years old and is still awesome and played by so many people i know.

I like old games but only in the 16-bit era. There are also cool games in the 8-bit era. I don't think the 64-bit era as old games but it's awesome anyway. I think they are all awesome, they are different.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
I love old games. I tend to play my nes, snes, or N64, more than I play my wii.

It's really fun. Back in the day Nintendo had amazing games like "The Illusion of Gaia" and I used to play those type of games a lot, and I still do.

A lot of game companies are lacking what old games had though. Nowa days it's just shot this and shot that. Kind of boring.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
What I love about the old school games is that it give me a challenge to play. Unlike the new ones I beat in a week. I love to see what the older generations played being a history lover I want to play those very hip old school games. Atari, sega, etc pinball machines even. Are my favorite and those who hate old school games and would give old school games a bad reputation aren't true gamers in my opinion. But old games and old consoles are awesome

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I love playing older games, for me they are fun and just as enjoyable as new games. They may not hve the graphics but they make up for it in the story and gameplay. There are so many great titles that have amazing original ideas, and there is just something about playing old games that takes you backs in time.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Old games? I play more old games than new ones. Now that we're in Nintendo's Darkest Hours, I have been known to dwell on Nintendo's past, mainly playing NES, SNES, and N64 games. Old games are fun. I even occasionally fire up Pac-Man or Galaga. There is one old game that I hate with a burning passion: Pong. Some of you may disagree with me and say that Pong is awesome because it is the first video game pretty much ever, but I find it extremely boring. Seriously, do you actually have fun playing it? I sure don't. You don't even have to think. It's just so freaking boring.

I don't say Pong is awesome because it is nothing then well....just Pong. Why not having fun playing it right? I haven't played it for ages so I cannot say if I find it boring today but believe it or not in the old days it was a fun game to play

I LOVE playing retro games!!! I probalbly play them more then the new ones lol. They are harder and its just fun to see how videogames have come such a long way since then :)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I play old games on VC and occasionally I play N64 if I know somebody that has one and I go visit them. I have only ever held the actual NES controller once or twice though. The first 8-bit game I played was mario bros when I was five and I was at my aunt's house and one of her friends brought their NES over and we played some. Then I played Punch Out!!! at a pizza place that you could rent retro consoles from because your seats had a TV lounge next to them. Then I played LoZ on VC and punch out again. Now I am expanding my VC library, but the only games that aren't zelda are mario bros and mario 3. I enjoy old games, but I don't play them as much as new games because I don't have very many of them.

I still play a lot of old games actually. Some hold up better than others, that's for sure.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I still love playing older games than newer games just because they are better even though they don't have as good as graphics. I love games where you have to figure stuff out on your own compared to the games these days that give you hint videos and such. Really people you can't just figure it out on your own. Older games, definitely better in my opinion.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I like old games... but not really old games. Anything pre-NES.... I'm not sure I can handle. The graphics were unbearable on early home consoles. However, I'm a huge NES fan and have over 200+ games and counting. My favorite console.

I grew up with a nes and snes, i like them far more than anything nowadays. always tell my friends that the snes was the best console ever

I don't really like old old games like Pong, Space Invaders, etc. because they didn't really have a whole lot of plot and variety going for them. But that's the same reason I don't like a lot of newer games too. The 90's and early 2000's were kind of the sweet spot, IMO, where developers had enough power to create a great game but not so much power that they got overly occupied with eye candy and experimenting with new hardware.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I just think it's amazing how the games from the NES/ SNES era make perfect portable titles now. Personally, I won't have had the time or the patience to play through Zelda I, II and Metroid back in the early 90's. But now that they're portable, it makes the experience much more casual and enjoyable, IMO

Old games are good. I own a lot of old consoles and I plan on getting more of them since playing the original games on the original console seems more legit to me if you know what I mean. I'm kinda of interested in getting an Atari 2600, but I'm not planning on buying one right away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom