• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on Old Games

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I know, we all are used to modern games with realistic graphics and great plots etc. But one day there were those good old games like Pong, Air Hockey and the Arcade games. I grew up in a time Pong was released and it was as popular in those days as Zelda is now even though it didn't last that long of course. But to me those old games do have something nostalgic even though they are very old now. But what are your thoughts on these games? Do you still play some of the old games today? I still play some old games and as a matter of fact I still own a Videopac and my two fav games Pickett Pete and satellite Attack. It would be boring today but once upon a time people really spent hours and even days playing these games.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I like playing old games occasionally, not for the nostalgia factor (I'm only Generation Y), but for the simplicity of them. I really suck at them, though. I can't even beat a CPU at Pong. :S

MW7

Well I do love old games, but when I say that I mean mostly NES and SNES games rather than what you mean. The oldest game I occasionally play is Donkey Kong. I do feel like some older games still hold up today because back then virtually all developers focused on was gameplay. Nowadays they have to worry about graphics, story, sound, etc. much more because people expect them to, and IMO this had led to some neglect of the essential feature of games- the gameplay.

I don't play things like Pong, but I do continue to play the ocassional NES or SNES game here and there. I say, if you like a game, you always like it. There's no real reason to stop liking a game just because it is old.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hahah no I'm definitely not stopping to like it. I mean in my childhood it was THE game lol. But acording to today's games it is really ancient. But these games have something nostalgic about them

I personally love playing old games. But I think the oldest I'll go will be the Atari 2600 era games. Pong is addicting, Space Invaders is actually really hard for me, and Donkey Kong is a classic. Another old game I love playing every once in a while is Frogger.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Old games? I play more old games than new ones. Now that we're in Nintendo's Darkest Hours, I have been known to dwell on Nintendo's past, mainly playing NES, SNES, and N64 games. Old games are fun. I even occasionally fire up Pac-Man or Galaga. There is one old game that I hate with a burning passion: Pong. Some of you may disagree with me and say that Pong is awesome because it is the first video game pretty much ever, but I find it extremely boring. Seriously, do you actually have fun playing it? I sure don't. You don't even have to think. It's just so freaking boring.

MW7

I play the older games... then I realize something... they are a lot hard than the new games :P
I've heard lots of people say that this is because game designers wanted games to last longer. Now games have so much room for content that they tend to be easier nowadays. Personally I'd like to see more difficulty in today's games.

SNES was the first console I ever played so I always feel really Nostalgic when I play games like Earthbound and Link To The Past. I find these types of games to be more fun than modern games.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
The older games, in my opinion, are much more difficult, but are more fun compared to newer games. I love it when my game makes me experiment in a puzzle, or train my Pokemon more and more.

Graphics. I like new graphics as much as the next guy, but I like the feel 8-bit gives. I mean, can you imagine the first Zelda in newer graphics? If you can, cool, tell me why. There are games I DO wan't with better graphics. Pokemon RBGY need newer graphics. i don't mean FRLG graphics, I mean moving sprites and 3D and everything. Anyway, I like old graphics, but I feel some games need updates.

Do I own one? No.(:kawaii:) I grew up with Gameboys and NESs, but i left those when I moved...(I am going to try to but them though :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom