• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Third Hunger Games Fanfic

blue-eyes

Phoenix
Holy crap............................. I cannot believe he killed almost all of the careers.

Can't wait till the next chapter comes. Also can't wait till my character comes in.

And you do realize everyone will die when you stop writing these epic stories, right :nod: :lol: ?

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Holy crap............................. I cannot believe he killed almost all of the careers.

Can't wait till the next chapter comes. Also can't wait till my character comes in.

And you do realize everyone will die when you stop writing these epic stories, right :nod: :lol: ?

I'm flattered.

Terren Vassil
District 12

My luck has seemed to be rather diverse in these past few years. Of course, me being from District 12, the poorest district, my luck has mostly been bad. I wish I could leave Panem, but where else would there be to go? Apparently, there were once other lands besides Panem, but they'd all been submerged in the floods.

I'd watched my best friend, Mare, die viciously at the hands of a vicious Career. Once again, District 12's tributes had been eliminated, but what made it cruel was how far Mare had gone. I'd given what little food I'd had to his family. Then, one year later, Rio was called. It had appeared that it would be a family tragedy, and might have ended with only the mother left, but Rio won.

This brought about a change in our fortunes. For the first time ever, District 12 had a victor. For the first time, I had enough to eat as our District was given food. Then, just as it appeared that I could live a happy life in District 12, my name was called for the Games. Of course, that's what they call it. My personal name for it is the slaughterhouse.

I'm interrupted by my thoughts by the anthem. This year was rather strange, as six tributes were killed initially at the beginning, and then five more tributes were killed off after the fighting. Then, I almost collapse. The first to appear in the sky is the boy from 1. Then the girls from 1 and 2, and then both tributes from 4. What the...........

Five Careers dead? What the heck? The images don't stop, and it takes me a minute to register that the boy from 5 was killed, as well as the girl from 6. And then both tributes from 7 and 9. 11 tributes dead. And five of them are Careers. As I said before, what the heck. Who could have killed them? I go over the remaining tributes.

The boy from 2, could he have murdered the rest of the Careers? No, the Careers generally band together as to eliminate the rest of the tributes. The tributes from District 3? The girl is only 12, and does not pose a threat. The boy? Maybe a bit more of a threat. Then there's the girl from 5, I don't remember much about her, other than the fact that she seemed rather witty during her interview, and scored a 6 during training.

The boy from 6, not sure about him either. He seems rather quiet and polite, but scored an 11 in training. He could have done it. The tributes from 8? The girl seems nice, I can't really imagine her trying to kill anyone. The boy is only 13, probably didn't do it. Before I can go over the remaining tributes, I realize something. I don't need to waste time mulling it over.

I get up, and begin to walk. The boy from 2 is the last remaining Career. I'll just have to ask him what happened.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
...Is he seriously going to just walk up to him and ask what happened? Does he have a death wish?

On the other hand, I love the story with him about Mare and lfe in District 12. I'm really glad I made my character hate the Capitol even more now. Oh and his reaction to the Careers was pretty much the same as mine.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
...Is he seriously going to just walk up to himand ask what happened? Does he have a death wish?

On te other hand, I love the story with him about Mare and lfe in District 12. Im really glad I made my character hate the Capitol eve more now. Oh and his reaction to the Careers was pretty much the same as mine.

No, Caeda. He's going to walk up to him, hold a knife to his throat, and then ask him what happened. :P

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Anyways...............

Day 2

Reyna Atkins
District 11

Ok, huh? Five Careers dead? What the heck? That has never happened before. Ever. What changed? Perhaps somebody actually tried. It could be possible. No one had really tried to attack the Careers. Does this mean that they aren't as invulnerable as they would want us to believe?

If I could, I'd run up and shake the murderer's hand. Only thing is, if the guy was able to kill five Careers, he could almost certainly kill me. Then again, I'm not as thickheaded as those dimwits. Which is of course why they're dead. Then I realize my error. They're not all dead. One still lives. Maybe it's just from years of having contempt and hatred for the Careers that I want to hunt him down and kill him personally.

Then I'm just as bad as anyone else here. I sigh, and try to find a spot to sleep that isn't muddy and/or uncomfortable. If only I could have grabbed a sleeping bag. Then I probably would have been killed. I look around, but I can't find anything. I'm a day's journey from the Cornucopia, so no hope there. Now what?

What's the point? We're all going to die anyway. We have to try. I hear footsteps, and hide behind a tree trunk. I take the risk of looking at the tribute near me. The deer comes out, and I realize my mistake. I assumed it was a tribute. Oh well, it'll be good enough for dinner. I pull out my only souvenir from the Cornucopia, a dagger, and move in closer.

I charge the deer, but than my foot is snagged and my body is pulled up so that I am dangling by my ankle. Dammit. It is a trap by one of my competitors. Whether it was intentional or not remains to be seen. A girl's voice that I don't recognize comes from behind me. "You're not my dinner, are you?"

"No. At least, I hope not," I call back. She calls back, "Ok. Sorry if this pierces your leg."
"Wait, what?"
There's a whooshing sensation, and the cord holding me to the snare is split, sending me sprawling to the ground. I look to see the girl from 10, bow in hand, looking at me and smiling. "Are you ok?" I get up. "Probably......no........" She chuckles. "Allies?" I look at her. We both know this can't be permanent. But, let's do it while it lasts. "Allies."

She smiles. "My name's Aya." She then pulls out a bottle of water. Actual water. "Think you might need this," she says, and throws it to me. I take a swig, and then set it down. "So," I say casually, "what about the Careers?" She looks at me strangely, and then sits down on the ground. "I.....don't know. But I saw the boy from 6 standing at the bottom of the mountain during the bloodbath. He looked....confident."

I shake my head. "You can't just assume that because of his actions. We need proof," I say. She sighs. "And who will we go to to receive that proof? The one who did it? The last remaining Career? Assuming we even find them, what makes you think they'll explain?"

I sigh. This is going nowhere. "Well, first we have to know where the other tributes are." There's a sound, a chuckle deeper than either mine or Aya's could achieve. A male's voice. "You got that right, sweetheart." I turn around to see a rather imposing figure. Yet not so imposing if he can give us info we need. The info about the Career murderer. "Hello," I say, to a certain boy from District 2.

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Yes, it is the 23rd Hunger Games.
Oh and, I forgot to make it a new day. :P I just fixed that.

Dylan Hunt
District 8

I lunge myself over a fallen branch and continue running. Have to get away, I tell myself. I take a look back over my shoulder. My enemy is walking through the piney woods, not even bothering to run. While I am looking back at him, I trip over another log and clatter to the ground. Something booms. I look up, hoping it's not the cannon, but it's just thunder. Lightning flashes across the sky.

I brush myself up from the mud as it begins to rain. I continue to run. I run until I reach a lake, the biggest source of water in the Cornucopia. I am thinking about swimming across, but then lightning strikes the water, making me jump back several feet. Not the brightest idea. I turn around and see the figure standing on the top of the slope.

Lightning flashes, illuminating the figure's face. Shado. The boy who killed five Careers. And he's after me. His voice booms just as loud as the thunder. "Dylan Hunt," he says. I back up a few paces. "Look," I say, "I'm sorry I can't join your group, but it won't come to any good. I can't trust that you or Rogue wouldn't stab me in the back."

He chuckles. "I can understand that," he says. He slides down the slope and looks at me. "But do you really think we would let you get away after we told you our long-term strategy?" I pale. The long-term strategy. The strategy that would make Chailyn look like a preschool bully.

The plan was neither the Career strategy nor the hidey-hole strategy most of the other tributes used. Shado's plan was to use the environment to kill enemies, like, say, using bombs to make boulders crush the Careers. Set fire to the forest. Etc. Thing is, that is stuff the Gamemakers usually do, not the tributes. However, Shado's devious plan is not a series of occurrences.

He knows that there will eventually be a feast. His plan is to strike then, to use the same 'boulder' strategy with the Careers to eliminate all the other tributes to come. Then use other methods, such as setting fire to the woods, etc, to wipe out the remaining tributes. It's ingenious.

I back up some more. "No. It wouldn't be like you, would it? Then all the other tributes would know you were the real threat-" "Silence! You honestly think you can simply stall your way out of this situation? This is the Hunger Games! You can't, and won't stall for long!" I'm really spooked now.

"Ok, ok........" I say, ".......what do you want?" Shado smiles, the lightning illuminating his ghastly face. "I want what all people want. To live." He unsheathes his sword, and charges. I raise my arms above my head, waiting for impending doom. There's a crash, and I'm sent flying back. Shado's screaming. I come to and realize what happened.

A lightning bolt had struck his sword, sending a bolt of electricity down his arm. He's grasping his hand. He looks at me with hatred. "You win this round, Hunt. I'll be back before you know it. You can tell the others. I don't care. But it will not change a thing!" He grabs the sword with his other hand, and runs off.

I stand in the rain, a bit disoriented. Why would he leave? It seems unlike him to leave a loose end untied. You can tell the others. I don't care. But it will not change a thing. I turn from the lake, thunder booming, and I go try to find myself some shelter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom