• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion

:eyes:
please let rayman speak and not just do grunts

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Thinking about that authentic ramen I had the other day. I want more. I wanna try their donburi. Shrimp tempura donburi... Miso ramen... Unagi doburi... I gotta make a bunch of trips over there this summer break while I can. My new tattoo is gonna be healing for two weeks though so it makes me hesitant to leave the house...

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My therapist said something that still ruminates in my head.

Anxiety comes from worrying about other people's business, instead of worrying about your own business.

There's things we can directly control, and honestly what we should focus on. There's things we can influence but they aren't in our direct control. And there's things that are outside of our control and influence.

Meaning and origin of another Pokemon character's name:

https://nameberry.com/babyname/lance

Btw, there's a lot of shortened names in the Pokemon franchise. Lance is short for Lancelot. Archie is short for Archibald. Maxie is short for Maximillian. Wally is short for Wallace (they probably called him Wally to distinguish him from Sootopolis Gym Leader Wallace, because apparently there are two Wallaces in this franchise). Barry can be short for a number of different names like Barrington or Bartholomew. Gary is short for Garrett, or Garrard, the older form of Gerald. Or some other "Gar" name. The Welsh matching name of Garth may also have been shortened that way.

Morty is short for Mortimer. Sordward and Shielbert's actual names are most probably Edward and Gilbert. Lillie is short for Lillian or Elizabeth or perhaps Lusamine Jr. (if sons can be named after their fathers, then daughters can be named after their mothers). Marnie is short for Marion or Marna (Marina). Leon is short for Leonard or Leopold or Leonel. Penny can be short for a number of different names like Penelope, Pandora, Paulina, Penina, Peony, Persephone, Petrona, Petunia, Peyton. And that's just a few examples, there are many other shortened names in the Pokemon franchise.

Take care and have a nice day folks,

Kat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom