• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
A friend of mine invited me and 7 other people I know to a sorta holiday get together in a couple weeks. I really can't decide if I want to go or not. Like, I like and know all of them, but with her parents and siblings that's upwards of 14 people and I'm not great at social gatherings. I always feel bad because I don't really talk to anyone and then everyone thinks I'm having a bad time. Plus if there's food people get mad at me for not eating anything. I feel like it'd probably be fun, but I know if I go I'm just gonna be awkward and quiet the whole time.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
A friend of mine invited me and 7 other people I know to a sorta holiday get together in a couple weeks. I really can't decide if I want to go or not. Like, I like and know all of them, but with her parents and siblings that's upwards of 14 people and I'm not great at social gatherings. I always feel bad because I don't really talk to anyone and then everyone thinks I'm having a bad time. Plus if there's food people get mad at me for not eating anything. I feel like it'd probably be fun, but I know if I go I'm just gonna be awkward and quiet the whole time.

If you'd have fun then go! I'm sure the others will have fun as well. And if you're having fun, then there's no reason you don't have to be quiet and awkward!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
It's funny to me how mfs always wanna say stuff like "if men aren't entitled to sex, then women aren't entitled to friendship" but never "if a man's only goal with a woman is a romantic/sexual relationship, he should make that known from the start." Cus I see so many butthurt men complaining about women who don't want to be more than friends as if they're just using the men for attention, but none of them seem able to comprehend that someone of the opposite sex would want to spend time with them/enjoy their company without being objectified. Saw one online today say friendship with women is pointless if they're not getting sex out of it, while another insisted it isn't, because "the friend zone isn't static, it's a path you walk together" and "often my female friends will get horny when drunk anyway, so it's worth it, you just have to wait." And then men have the audacity to wonder why women are weary of them.

sounds like they want the perks of a one night stand but want the person in their life for more than one night. which you know there are women out there who want that same sort of thing but they move on much faster than men lol.

idk why they;re expecting a long term relationship out of that sort of thing cuz that does require more of a foundation than just a hookup? idk it just sounds like a commitment issue or our culture prioritizes the wrong aspects of relationships to screw up people's standards/expectations

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Most men obsessed with body count are usually extremely insecure losers looking for any sort of reassurance.

Society pushes for some pretty ****ed up ideas regarding sexual partners. The idea girls monopolize sex based on superfluous stuff, and so getting laid with them is a form of status, is p much the base of all sorts of toxic male mentalities, be it incel, pick-up artist, or alpha males.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I'm so thankful for my mom. I had been feeling pretty bad all day and I had gone back to bed like right after I got up this morning, and had been bundling up in like 4 blankets. I felt so cold but it's the kinda cold you get when your fever goes up, and it just gets worse. But my mom came in awhile ago and took my temperature and looked concerned. It turned out my temperature was 105, which can actually be very dangerous. So she got me to take all the blankets off and wiped my forehead/neck/shoulders with a cool, damp washcloth and I immediately began to feel better. At first it was so uncomfortable because it was so cold, but as my temperature went down my body finally realized how heated I was and I began to feel very hot and sweaty. And the last temperature check I was 103, but it might have gone down since then.

But I'm so thankful my mom took care of me when I literally couldn't move that much and I felt so exhausted. I'm glad she took my blankets off, even while at the time I still would've wanted them on. But now I'm feeling a lot better and it's thanks to her refilling my water bottle and giving me a hydrating drink and wiping a damp cloth on my face and constantly checking on me.

I'm on the couch now and I still feel bad but it's definitely an improvement from before <3

Dumb double post but idc

Reflecting on some of the stuff that happened in the SB tonight and I need to put this someplace. So here goes.

I love y'all here at ZD. Most of you know I'm currently working on a story. But you know, if I ever actually finish it, chances are I won't share it here. It's deeply personal and I'd feel too vulnerable posting it. I'm writing it for myself more than anyone. But that doesn't mean I don't trust nor care about any of you. I choose which parts of myself I want to share, the same way all of you do. And that's cool. Love and respect, guys.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Mainly how I approach reviews in general. When I write any review, I do intend to write a positive review. It's only when glaring problems arise do I begin the vitriol and start to roast whatever I'm reviewing.

I had reviews on my mind because I'm looking to do another unbiased guitar gear review. Question is, what do I review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom