• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

the future is basically an episode of the outer limits but without any of the excitement or intrigue, it's a place where humanity will spend an eternity in a kind of man made technological purgatory consisting of endless updates to solve problems to things that were never problems until man's self destructive arrogance drove him to reinvent the wheel so hard he ended up in a personal hell of his making, one which he cannot fathom, nor develop an epistemology capable of conceptualizing the enormity of the folly he has engaged in. it is a kind of cosmic joke played on us, simultaneously cold, vast and unfeeling, and mundane and tedious to the point of being a stale bureaucratic joke somewhere documented in moldering pages of another timeline's history.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend

the future is basically an episode of the outer limits but without any of the excitement or intrigue, it's a place where humanity will spend an eternity in a kind of man made technological purgatory consisting of endless updates to solve problems to things that were never problems until man's self destructive arrogance drove him to reinvent the wheel so hard he ended up in a personal hell of his making, one which he cannot fathom, nor develop an epistemology capable of conceptualizing the enormity of the folly he has engaged in. it is a kind of cosmic joke played on us, simultaneously cold, vast and unfeeling, and mundane and tedious to the point of being a stale bureaucratic joke somewhere documented in moldering pages of another timeline's history.
Uhh wut??

okay, it somehow got even worse.
she's edgy as **** and posts joker things unironically
and has the boomer mentality.

my stepmom is an edgy boomer furry. WHAT THE ****?

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Ever get upset because reality feels fake and that we are just a bunch of ants working to live instead of actually enjoying ourselves and the rare moments we get of happiness it dissipates into another rollercoaster of bad events as if it’s already predetermined?

While I never had a reddit account because early on it just seemed like bad news to me, I've come to really loathe the effect it's had on the internet as a whole. In some ways I feel like it's been even more caustic than social media at large, because reddit has a specific way of denigrating conversation and turning everything in an email mailing list from hell and basically is anti-conversation. The interface is horrid and probably the worst on the internet, and the whole system is basically a robotic set of interactions and bald-faced manipulation. It's appropriate the mascot is a robot because that's what people become when using it.

I didn't even use reddit. I had a friend tell me to get one because he wanted me to post some of my youtube videos there, he said they'd probably get some traffic because they were stupid in the right sort of way that reddit would like them, I guess. But I think I only posted on there like four times, and only one post was actually about a video.

I don't know how to use it and the culture there is kind of weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom