• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Do I really have to babysit Yuga all the time? Of course I do. especially with the christmas tree up.

Oh I agree about reddit. It's also very annoying to read. Isn't the tree format for discussions a bit stone age?

If Yooka Laylee 2 is done by the guys who had a hand in the original DKC trilogy then why didn't they put their own spin on their classic instead of copying what Retro did to their classic?

This won't ever not bug me.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Queen Victoria sketched this self portrait when she was ~sixteen. Just trying to reconcile the image of the austere, black-draped matriarch who ruled a third of the world with this image of a coy young girl delicately sketching her own face with an expression of nervousness and vulnerability.

2HXC61X.jpg

Kirino

Tatakae
While I never had a reddit account because early on it just seemed like bad news to me, I've come to really loathe the effect it's had on the internet as a whole. In some ways I feel like it's been even more caustic than social media at large, because reddit has a specific way of denigrating conversation and turning everything in an email mailing list from hell and basically is anti-conversation. The interface is horrid and probably the worst on the internet, and the whole system is basically a robotic set of interactions and bald-faced manipulation. It's appropriate the mascot is a robot because that's what people become when using it.

*original comment"
"r/hedidthemath"
"he did the monster math"
"it was a graveyard smath"

I've swear I've seen this exact same comment chain on at least 5 separate occasions and I don't even use Reddit very often. This is pretty much 90% of Reddit humor, people repeating the same in-jokes and others trying to latch on for karma with increasingly less funny comments. Most actual discourse is like this too, and it often really does feel like interaction among advanced bots. Not to mention that Reddit is insufferably self-righteous and moralizing, and the definition of a hivemind. Some subreddits are better/worse than others (r/politics is genuinely one of the worst places on the internet), and I still have an account, mostly for looking at art. But I generally avoid participating in the community at all costs.

Pulling another all-nighter because I really don't want to sleep.
Got some good music on, drawing and soft resetting for a shiny Nihilego that I'm gonna call Jaffa :)

My sister told my dad that she might be back home sometime tomorrow night... which is nice and all but now I'm just thinking about how she may not let me watch the Game Awards because she tends to do this thing where she'll like use my own dumb quirks of being unable to use the computer when people are standing behind me, as a way for me to not have any choice but to do what she wants me to do while she's visiting. ...That makes more sense in my head, but yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom