• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I just had a long chat with one of my best friends from school. Someone I really trusted to talk about things with. During our chat, he brought up my coming out post, and said that knowing I am gay makes him feel really uncomfortable. He kind of implied that he thought I would do something to him, and told me that being gay is unnatural and tried to tell me that it's not a real thing.

He didn't outright tell me he didn't want to be my friend anymore, but I don't know. He was someone I really thought I could trust, but if he can't accept me for who I am, is he really a friend? We've been good friends since first year so I'd hate to end it, but I feel like it's going to make me really sad if I keep being friends with someone who can't accept me. I don't know what to do.
being gay is prob like 10% of who you are but theres still that 90% that he knows and he can learn to be ok with gayness, but you say I wont talk about being gay with you unless you ask, but if he really don't like it then he should be cut out until he can learn (if he does)

Dio

~ ZD's Pug Dealer ~
ZD Champion
I just had a long chat with one of my best friends from school. Someone I really trusted to talk about things with. During our chat, he brought up my coming out post, and said that knowing I am gay makes him feel really uncomfortable. He kind of implied that he thought I would do something to him, and told me that being gay is unnatural and tried to tell me that it's not a real thing.

He didn't outright tell me he didn't want to be my friend anymore, but I don't know. He was someone I really thought I could trust, but if he can't accept me for who I am, is he really a friend? We've been good friends since first year so I'd hate to end it, but I feel like it's going to make me really sad if I keep being friends with someone who can't accept me. I don't know what to do.
If he has not had a gay friend or somehow not known gay people before then it might be hard for him. When I was 11 I found the idea of homosexual relations between two men to be wierd and yes I thought that if I had a gay friend then he would just be friends with me because he wanted my booty or something.

I take it however he is a bit older than that and I am surprised that he has gone through life this long without knowing someone who is gay. If he really values you he will come to accept it or make an effort to and if not then you are likely better off not bothering with him.

Namira

Swag Master General
I somehow already got my 40 hours yesterday so I have the next 3 days off of work. Time to enjoy this mini vacation.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm going out with a bunch of friends tonight to Sydney's 40th Annual Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade. It is my first time to go and it looks like it is gonna be a load of fun. Afterwards we plan on spending the rest of the night out clubbing which I haven't done in ages. Keen!

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I'm going out with a bunch of friends tonight to Sydney's 40th Annual Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade. It is my first time to go and it looks like it is gonna be a load of fun. Afterwards we plan on spending the rest of the night out clubbing which I haven't done in ages. Keen!
Wait, there are parades for that? Sign me up.

Nagasa

for just 10 cents a day...
Staff member
5 days until mom goes through open heart surgery number two. I've been making arrangements through doctors and home care nurses in case I'm working longer hours.

The worst part about it, is that since she is such a high risk, the doctor read to me that she has elected not to be reccessitated if she happens to pass.

Morbid, but that's life.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
5 days until mom goes through open heart surgery number two. I've been making arrangements through doctors and home care nurses in case I'm working longer hours.

The worst part about it, is that since she is such a high risk, the doctor read to me that she has elected not to be reccessitated if she happens to pass.

Morbid, but that's life.
D.N.R is a tough call... It's too bad that that's life... We're here if you need us

Namira

Swag Master General
Losing my grandmother is still the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I became an alcoholic to numb the pain. She was the most important person to me and it still is hard to cope with the fact that she is gone.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Losing my grandmother is still the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I became an alcoholic to numb the pain. She was the most important person to me and it still is hard to cope with the fact that she is gone.
We're here. Just remember that just as she was a joy for you, you are a joy for others, like us, and alcohol may not be the best way to bring joy to your friends.

Zachie

Mooderator
I don't know if I fully regret getting my current job, bc I feel like all they do is take advantage of me and I end up working 10+ hours over my roster x.x I just finished a 6 day week and I am wrecked.. plus I am back at it tomorrow after only one day off. This is sad.

Mellow Ezlo

Po-Tay-Toes

Morbid, but that's life.
I'll be keeping your mother in my thoughts. All the best to you and your family in this difficult time, and good luck with everything!

Namira

Swag Master General
I splashed hot oil on my wrist and there is just a giant burn there now and it hurts like hell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom