• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Got a new booking today. :) There isn't much money in it, but it's been three months since I last deejayed at all, so it's something.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It got worse. So after he finished his eternal supply of carrots and I thought it must be over blow me down if he didn't pull out a huge bag of crisps and eat them. Yes loud and crunch down my ear. THEN he got a ****ing sandwich out and ate that (crunchy lettuce). THEN he got an orange out which was quieter but stunk and now he's crunching a goddamn apple. Now I'm beyond annoyed by the noise and am questioning how one person eats so much food in one go????????
I think you found a video game protagonist, he must have needed to heal after a fight :P

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Thanks for the support guys! Unfortunately I still can't stay here. Luckily, Petter will be able to come with me to America, so that's at least something and we won't be apart. The future is really hazy at this point but as long as I'm with Petter I'll be okay. Thanks guys. ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm having trouble making thoughts and ideas "my own". All I have done for these twenty years of life is read and repeat what others have already proven. How can I say that I earned a degree? How can I say that I am proficient in anything if all I can do is absorb others' knowledge?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm having trouble making thoughts and ideas "my own". All I have done for these twenty years of life is read and repeat what others have already proven. How can I say that I earned a degree? How can I say that I am proficient in anything if all I can do is absorb others' knowledge?
This made me think of my own personal question. We live to work. In America at least, we spend 12-14 of our first 18 years of life learning to work, another 2-8 learning the specifics of work, the next 30-40 working, and then only have maybe the last 20 years to be free (if that). Thinking about it makes you feel empty. I know there are people who love their jobs, but there are just as many who don't, and hate every moment of it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
This made me think of my own personal question. We live to work. In America at least, we spend 12-14 of our first 18 years of life learning to work, another 2-8 learning the specifics of work, the next 30-40 working, and then only have maybe the last 20 years to be free (if that). Thinking about it makes you feel empty. I know there are people who love their jobs, but there are just as many who don't, and hate every moment of it.
I don't think I'd equate going to school to learning to work. Maybe in the last few years or some secondary schooling in some countries it is that way, but there's a lot more (or at least should be more) subject matter that you learn abut that doesn't have anything to do with work. I understand what you are saying about how many people put so much focus on work.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

You don't spend much time learning to work in school. Most of the things taught there dont help you in life.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yep, wage slavery is so incredibly oppressive and dangerous because people see it as so "common-sense" that you should just have to spend tons of time doing things you don't enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom