• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
For those who want gays in Zelda we already have had one already. His name is Ghirahim.

Personally I don't mind the idea of homosexuality in the series. I dont know how tolerated homosexuality is in Hyrule but it seems like a relaxed place for the most part and there is no religious law against the act as far as we know.

In SS Link could have Peatrice as a love interest and if there were to be a game where link can have love interests, a male could be one of the options. I don't see the problem with that. I don't think however that link should be an outright gay character. He is made effeminate to appeal to both men and women and making him gay could potentially put people off. I think the hero's bloodline needs to continue somehow and it would feel forced to make Link outright gay.
He's gay in the show draw together:P

Link is asexual, there.
nah we haven't seen Link even flirt with a guy but he's been flirted with by females constantly to the point Talon asked him if he wanted to marry Malon, and it's clear that Link has had a sort of romantic tension with a female in literally everyone of his adventures except one timers like FS or something

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not sure if you're joking, but that's pretty much the case. Link is white and blue eyed and male, if you're not gonna bother to adhere to that, there's no point in calling the character Link.
Wrongo, this is the most close minded bigoted thing I've ever heard. You act as though changing someone's skin color and eye color and even gender makes them an entirely different person. This is nonsense and it's been proven throughout history that people -- regardless of their ethnicity and other external factors -- can carry a myriad of characters from anxious to heroic to slimy and so on.

If you take a ship named the SS Link and remove all the parts and replace them with different ones is it still the same ship?

Also it's pretty clear the Hero of Time gets with a girl at some point considering the Hero of Twilight is a direct blood descendant
Haha if I replace your polearm with a halberd is your weapon not in the same classification of a pole weapon? :^O

Never overtly stated in the games, not an argument.

This is a joke post right? because you contradicted your own evidence here. In OoT and TP link is clearly doing things with a love interest in mind, whether its Zelda, Saria, Midna and specially Ilia. In Skyward Sword the Romance is pretty pertinent to the story as well, in fact throughout the series the relationship between Link and Zelda is my favorite form of romance in video games. Its done with respect and subtleness.
In OoT Link never does anything with a love interest. all the girls make advances on him, he never makes an advance not even once.
In TP Link never makes any advance implied or otherwise, he wants to save Ilia because she's his childhood friend and we're never made clear if he pursues Midna at the end. Skyward Sword is irrelevant to this.

Wrongo, this is the most close minded bigoted thing I've ever heard. You act as though changing someone's skin color and eye color and even gender makes them an entirely different person. This is nonsense and it's been proven throughout history that people -- regardless of their ethnicity and other external factors -- can carry a myriad of characters from anxious to heroic to slimy and so on.

Haha if I replace your polearm with a halberd is your weapon not in the same classification of a pole weapon? :^O

Never overtly stated in the games, not an argument.

In OoT Link never does anything with a love interest. all the girls make advances on him, he never makes an advance not even once.
In TP Link never makes any advance implied or otherwise, he wants to save Ilia because she's his childhood friend and we're never made clear if he pursues Midna at the end. Skyward Sword is irrelevant to this.
How is SS irrelevant

Also it's confirmed Link definitely DOES **** a girl in OoT... Read the Historia

So it's cool if we made Samus a black dude?? lol

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

People can posses certain traits across genders and race but it is not just personality traits that define a character. Their physical traits matter as well.

This is a joke post right? because you contradicted your own evidence here. In OoT and TP link is clearly doing things with a love interest in mind, whether its Zelda, Saria, Midna and specially Ilia. In Skyward Sword the Romance is pretty pertinent to the story as well, in fact throughout the series the relationship between Link and Zelda is my favorite form of romance in video games. Its done with respect and subtleness.
Have you ever heard of this thing called "friendship"? Because uh, none of those are particularly romantic, especially from Link's perspective. SS Zelda is the closest, but even then it's nowhere near set in stone, from what I remember.

Staring with SS, its extremely obvious. From the jealousy of goose to the music theme that is called "romance" when Link and Zelda are flying on their loftwings. In the end its clear they will remain on the surface to build a life together. The Chemistry between Link and illia in TP is definitely not of "just friends".

And looking back to the series it seems like behind every major decision Link makes there is a girl behind it, or a girl he is after. It seems too much to be accidental.

Reactions: Dio

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I'm pretty sure you could make Mario a aromantic, transsexual, black, skinny, furry, Wisconsin girl and still have the personality remain the same. The look of Mario, and subsequently Link, would not be able to stay the same if you changed their gender or race or genetics, which is what we're talking about here.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
"Alright guys, so here's the new direction we're going with Mario"
MAYRO.png

"In order to appeal to a wider audience, we bring you Super Mario Multiverse. In this new series, each game will feature an alternate universe Mario such as one where he's black, one where he's a woman, one where he's in a wheel chair, and many more. and of course new amiibo and DLC!!!!!!!"

Seriously though where do we draw the line on what defines who Link is? What traits does each one have in common? He's been a light skinned blue eyed, blonde male who wields a sword for the past 30 ****** years. If that doesn't qualify for an established character, or characters I guess, then I don't know what is.

Link had legitimate love interests in 3 games, AoL, TP and SS.

OoT and the Oracles don't count because he had literally no interest in most of his possible beaus. Even as an adult, he still seemed to be stuck partially in the Cootie Mindset of a child and looked horrified at the very idea of being permanently stuck in a relationship with the demanding, spoiled pain in the ass princess ruto. Plus getting involved with an actual tree has er...unfortunate complications involving splinters. :lol:

Link had legitimate love interests in 3 games, AoL, TP and SS.

OoT and the Oracles don't count because he had literally no interest in most of his possible beaus. Even as an adult, he still seemed to be stuck partially in the Cootie Mindset of a child and looked horrified at the very idea of being permanently stuck in a relationship with the demanding, spoiled pain in the ass princess ruto. Plus getting involved with an actual tree has er...unfortunate complications involving splinters. :lol:

Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
Jesus Christ nobody really cares about the Historia anymore do they

"Midna began searching for a way to oppose Zant. Just then, a human appeared who had been transformed into a beast by the Twilight. It was none other than Link, a young man from Ordon Village in whose veins flowed flowed the blood of the Hero of Time."

Now, they could have just said something like "Blood of the Knights of Hyrule" if they wanted to specify that he was definitely destined to be a hero, but no, they said from the get go that he had the blood of the Hero of Time, meaning that the Hero of Time definitely knocked a girl up at some point. In MM, Link and Zelda definitely have feelings based on the way she talked to Link before he left in the cutscene, talking about how they'll never forget the time they spent together.

The Oracles

54px-ZeldaKiss1.png

56px-ZeldaKiss2.png

Oh yeah, he definitely looks horrified... Maybe he looked horrified because he doesn't want to **** a tree?

Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass
In WW, when Link is asked by Beedle about a "pirate girl" that came and sold him some bombs, Link began blushing. This is also touched upon again in PH, where Link and Tetra almost hold hands before Bellum snatches her away.

Spirit Tracks
If you can't notice the sparks flying in Spirit Tracks, then you have a heart of stone. Link gasps upon seeing Zelda for the first time (most likely at her beauty) and when they defeat Byrne on the Tower of Spirits, Link and Zelda share a bonding moment where they high five each other saying nobody can defeat them when they combine their power. If you still can't take that as evidence of the sparks in Spirit Tracks, try this on for size:
300px-LinkZeldaST3.png

Ah, young, undeniable love. Does the heart good, yknow?

A Link to the Past (and partly A Link Between Worlds)

Oh, that princess... She's quite an interesting one, let me tell you. You wanna hear something juicy? When we reach a certain age, even the princess comes to a point where she has love on her mind, right...? [Of course!] OK, WELL... You didn't hear it from me, but every night the princess goes on a little excursion inside the castle. Her maids say that she's secretly meeting someone. Apparently, she's not very good at the "secretly" part. So, one night, someone gave in to the delicious temptation of curiosity and decided to follow the princess... And guess what happened! [What happened?] The princess stopped in front of a large painting on display in the center of the castle. And she stood there just staring up at the painting for 10 minutes. And then went back to her room. Just like that! So when the person following her went to inspect the painting... You'll never guess what happened! That painting...? [What?] This painting was of a hero and princess from several generations ago cuddling in one another's arms... This person following her--it wasn't me, I swear--continued to follow her every night! Creepy. And it was the same thing every time! Princess Zelda would just stare at the picture night after night... Not a very exciting end, I suppose. Maybe that's not so juicy after all. Oh well. They can't all be overripe fruit! The painting brought out a look of such admiration that had never been seen before in the princess. Now you've heard it. Go on, now. That gossip ain't gonna spread itself!" — Rumor Guy

Interviews with Developers

Interviewer: We have received several emails in which our readers ask: Will Zelda and Link ever be involved [romantically]? [laughs] I'm sorry, but we had to ask.
Aonuma: [laughs] Good question. Well, as you already know, we are now dealing with a teenage Link, and as you know, teenagers are very emotional beings, so there are definitely possibilities of seeing Link showing his feelings towards the princess. But honestly, we don’t know what the future holds.

In another interview Mr. Aonuma answers another question about this relationship in Twilight Princess.

Interviewer: Will we see a charming and affectionate romance [between Link and] the princess?
Aonuma: Well, we're creating an adolescent storyline and we try to present it how it should be; in fact, if you played it – or will play it – you’ll notice that the way Link holds the sword is much cooler than how he used to do it. Link will now do things in a way that will make him look more confident and liberated. And yes, it's true that teenagers have these relationships -- and we would love if it could happen with the princess – but I can't talk about anything yet.
A question from an old interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, conducted by Famimaga 64:

Interviewer: Does Link have a girlfriend?
Miyamoto: If it was Princess Zelda, it would be great. However, this time Navi [the fairy] is jealous of Zelda. So within the story, Navi feels something for Link.
More recently, Eiji Aonuma stated in a Nintendo Power interview:

After the time warp, when Link wakes up seven years later, he's extremely concerned about what has become of Zelda. If he found out right away, that wouldn't be very interesting, but if he didn't know until the very end, and then he learned that she'd been captured by Ganon all that time, that would be even worse.
And lastly, in the video documentary titled "The History of Zelda", Miyamoto comments:

Ocarina was fun, and it also was Zelda-like...the story's a little romantic, though, which is not very Zelda-like.

Conclusion:

Link likes pussy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom