• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory About the Fierce Diety

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
I actually believe the Fierce Diety is in fact, the God of Light. Now I know what your thinking, official strategy guides and the dialouge in the game when you get the Fierce Dieties' mask says that hes bad, BUT, I believe the mask was sent as the God of Light's tool to correct the chaos caused by Majora's Mask, but someone who was possessed by Majora's Mask found the mask first, and Majora cursed it, turning it into a dark mask. This would explain why Majora had it in the first place.

However, I believe that when Link put on the Fierce Dieties' mask, the curse upon it was lifted, because Link is the chosen hero and whom I believe to be the "son" of the God of Light. Proof would be is that Link is able to fully control the power within the mask when he wears it, and the Fierce Diety's powers (the disks he fires from his sword) seem more light-based, rather than dark-based.

It is an interesting idea, but it has too little in game dialogue to go with it.

For me the mask was a tool and if Link was able to control it was because of his strong willed mind more than the nature of the mask itself.

Last thing I don't get, you first mention the mask is the God of light[/i] then you say The God of Light send it as a tool. Could you please elaborate a bit more?

I don't recall a God of Light inside Termina...

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Like Majora's Mask, the Fierce Dieties' mask came from Hyrule, not Termina. And also like Majora's Mask, the Fierce Dieties' mask contains the essence of it's respective god, in this case the God of Light.

Last thing I don't get, you first mention the mask is the God of light[/i] then you say The God of Light send it as a tool. Could you please elaborate a bit more?

When did I say the mask is the God of Light? I don't see that I wrote that in my theory.

G

Gannypoo

I'm not saying you're wrong, however it's only referred to the "Fierce Deity's Mask" in the English version of the game. In the Japanese i think it's called the "Devil God's Mask".

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I don't even remember there being a God of Light in the Zelda series, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I really don't think we have near enough information about this mask to even begin speculating where it came from.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I don't even remember there being a God of Light in the Zelda series, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I really don't think we have near enough information about this mask to even begin speculating where it came from.

I hear you Immortal_1. The only thing we actually know about the fieirce deity mask is the power it gives to someone. there is no backstory, no history, nothing in the game to give it a hint of it's origins, nothing (that I have found).

If the mask really was the God of light or the power of the God of Light, or whatever you said, wouldn't the creators have put a little bit of a hint? That seems to be an important part of the mask!

Overall, it was a nice theory, but there was too little information on it to back it up.

Last edited:

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I've read your previous theories, but there isn't actually a god of light in the zelda series. Seeing a god of light isn't even hinted as far as I know (except for maybe light spirits in tp, but that doesn't mean there's a god for them), the theory is too farfetched but if there was a god of light we knew, I suppose it's possible. If your theories were correct, I don't think majora could taint someone just as good as he/she is evil. Besides, in your thread, god of light seemed to do a lot more, which may mean he's even more powerful.

Sorry, but you're theories seem more like fan fiction to me. Interesting but there isn't really anything to suggest that was what nintendo had in mind.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Majora can no where near be called a God of Light and if Fierce Diety is meant to be eviler then I'd expect them both to be far from light.

The game hints them as evil and it isn't possible to link them to light. In truth this theory, I'm sorry Hero, but this theory is no better than fan-fiction.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I actually believe the Fierce Diety is in fact, the God of Light. Now I know what your thinking, official strategy guides and the dialouge in the game when you get the Fierce Dieties' mask says that hes bad, BUT, I believe the mask was sent as the God of Light's tool to correct the chaos caused by Majora's Mask, but someone who was possessed by Majora's Mask found the mask first, and Majora cursed it, turning it into a dark mask. This would explain why Majora had it in the first place.

However, I believe that when Link put on the Fierce Dieties' mask, the curse upon it was lifted, because Link is the chosen hero and whom I believe to be the "son" of the God of Light. Proof would be is that Link is able to fully control the power within the mask when he wears it, and the Fierce Diety's powers (the disks he fires from his sword) seem more light-based, rather than dark-based.

My opinion is that the Fierce Deity is also evil, maybe even more evil then Majora.
Never forget that, in the Moon, the kid tells that you both are going to play a game, and Link with the Fierce deity mask will be the TRUE bad guy

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
After reading through the text files for the game, I did not come across any point where one of the children said Link would become the true bad guy. But, if you can find it, please source it! :)

According to the game, the Fierce Deity's mask "contains the merits of all masks" (SOURCE). In this case, "merits" would mean "values" and inherant rights and wrongs. It is never actually stated that the FD mask is evil. It isn't necessarily true, either, that the FD mask contains a god or spirit within it. I've not seen any proof of that in the game's text. Perhaps that can be found in the guide, but I don't have it with me, nor can I find any scans of it.

In any case, what little information there is concerning the mask is enough evidence to assume that there is no one Fierce Deity. The one who wears it becomes the deity. And, if the mask contains the merits of all masks, then it is neither good nor evil. It does say that the mask has "dark powers", but dark doesn't necessarily imply evil. "Dark" leans towards "evil", but can also imply more negativity than goodness. So, the Fierce Deity can be good or evil depending on he who wears it. Obviously, Link used it for good. I'm sure than one with a weaker heart might be consumed by it, but that's up for debate as well.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
i remember in MM you were made the bad guy in the fight with majora after you wore the FD mask.

but i really think that the whole feirce deity thing was just an excuse to allow Link to use the sword beam attack thing

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
After reading through the text files for the game, I did not come across any point where one of the children said Link would become the true bad guy. But, if you can find it, please source it! :)

According to the game, the Fierce Deity's mask "contains the merits of all masks" (SOURCE). In this case, "merits" would mean "values" and inherant rights and wrongs. It is never actually stated that the FD mask is evil. It isn't necessarily true, either, that the FD mask contains a god or spirit within it. I've not seen any proof of that in the game's text. Perhaps that can be found in the guide, but I don't have it with me, nor can I find any scans of it.

In any case, what little information there is concerning the mask is enough evidence to assume that there is no one Fierce Deity. The one who wears it becomes the deity. And, if the mask contains the merits of all masks, then it is neither good nor evil. It does say that the mask has "dark powers", but dark doesn't necessarily imply evil. "Dark" leans towards "evil", but can also imply more negativity than goodness. So, the Fierce Deity can be good or evil depending on he who wears it. Obviously, Link used it for good. I'm sure than one with a weaker heart might be consumed by it, but that's up for debate as well.
Doesn't that pretty much mean fierce deity is the detiy of masks. Inside the, say, goron mask is the spirit of Darmani the goron. If it has the merits of all masks, does that make fd the god of masks? I guess they could have put that to represent that you give all your masks to get it.. But I am beginning to think he's the god of masks. Sorry if I'm leaning away from the topic too much, but after all this thread is just argueing what the fierce diety's mask is, aside from the fact the topic started was just to show a theory of hero's.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The only thing we are told about the nature of the mask is that it is bad. That is the ONLY piece of evidence/clue we have as to what the spirit of the mask is like. Seeing as how that is the only mentioning of anything about the mask, chances are that the spirit of the mask is a bad guy and the fact that Link is a chosen warrior makes him able to control it.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
There is no real argument here. There is little information, no references, nothing to back it up in any way. So can we leave it at that? Just a "too-little information" subject?

Sorry Hero, but this was a farfetched idea to start wiht (IMO).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
There is no real argument here. There is little information, no references, nothing to back it up in any way. So can we leave it at that? Just a "too-little information" subject?

Sorry Hero, but this was a farfetched idea to start wiht (IMO).

Any theory, from the start, is farfetched, and, so far, the only minimally reasonable explanation I saw was from the Majora's Mask manga extra chapter(wich can be found on the main site's galleries), even though the manga is not canon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom