• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Spiral

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I almost died! lol. Amazing chapter! And I loved the line, "Ok, I've been wanting to say this all day," Dylan said, "....but what the HELL is going on here?" That was hilarious

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Gobli frowned as he looked upon the two broken robots. Too expensive to replace, he only had three hundred of them, and two wouldn't matter. So what. Gobli reached into his pocket and pulled out a walkie-talkie. "Xylia, come in. Have you killed him yet?" Silence. "Xylia? Xylia?" He turned the walkie-talkie off, and threw it to the ground. Vercen stood motionless, mentally signalling Chams to scout out the area, and take out any intruders who might be in the building.

Gobli sighed, and turned to Vercen. "Almost undoubtedly an SD attack," Vercen said. Gobli nodded. "Those fools don't know when to quit. I thought they got the message when we led them into that power plant in Colorado." Vercen winced. "I remember that. Took out ten of their operatives, but also made me malfunction." Gobli picked up the walkie-talkie. "If Xylia is out of commission, then we have to rely on the Chams fully. No human intelligence."

"Then there is little intelligence. Most Chams require orders and are not independent, sir," Vercen said. "So sending them in without an intelligent being nearby would be pointless." Gobli sighed. "Which is why I made you. You can communicate telepathically with them, you idiot! I give the orders, and you relay them." Vercen stepped back. Gobli may have been overconfident to the point of carelessness, but he was still Vercen's creator. Vercen knew only that his master's objective was to obtain something called the Spiral, and nothing more. Vercen knew only what Gobli wanted him to.

Vercen shuffled, an odd movement for a robot. "Sir, at times the Chams are not good at adapting to their environment. Their best weapon is stealth. In combat, once their weak point is revealed, they are easy to kill." Gobli walked off, and signaled for Vercen to follow. "Come on then. Get one of those Chams disguised as a nurse to trigger a lockdown." Vercen's dull eyes flashed. "And you, sir?" Gobli turned, and Vercen could see the wild look in his eyes. The look of someone who wanted what they wanted without further delay. Such a person was beyond reasoning with. Gobli smiled at his creation, a killing machine who would do as he was told. But only as he was told.

"I am going to find them and kill them."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose motioned for the others to follow her lead, sneaking around corners and dodging people who might have been harmless, but also might have been Chams. Eventually, they signaled for a rest, and they sat down in the corridor, the girl with curly brown hair.....Bridgette, Dylan remembered, keeping watch on one end, while Rose kept a watch on the other, leaving Ben and Dylan to rest. "So why were you there?" Dylan asked. Ben looked down. "I was there.....to keep an eye on you. A favor to your dad."

"Oh. So....do you...know him?" Ben looked at Dylan square in the eyes. "Dylan, you've already let us know you have no clue what's going on here. Do you want to trouble yourself even further?" Dylan was lost. In three days he'd gone from relatively normal, to being rescued by two people he'd never known before and one who was only there to keep an eye on him.

Rose called over to them. "Just finished downloading the blueprints for this building." Bridgette snorted. "Gobli is one of the most goddamn careless people I've ever met." Rose glared at her, and Bridgette went silent. "Now, as I was saying, There is an exit several hallways-" Attention hospital patients. There are armed and dangerous people in the building. We are initiating a lockdown until the intruders are caught. Good day.

Rose called the other three over. "We've got to hurry. Everyone in the building will just do as the people over the intercom say. They don't know anything's out of the ordinary." They began running for the exit, not caring whether or not they were spotted by anyone. They saw the exit sign, and began running towards it, when-BOOM. Rose fell over, clutching her arm. A figure stepped out of the shadows, holding a rifle. Unfortunately, Dylan recognized him. The same cockiness, the same smirk, the same goddamn carelessness.

Gobli smiled. "Perhaps it was too much to think you'd given up for good," he yawned, putting the butt of the rifle on the ground. Bridgette curled her fists. "You still think you can win? It doesn't work that way." Gobli laughed. "It always ends in happily ever after for you, doesn't it? Read some Shakespeare." The gun was in his hands again, and another shot went off, barely missing Dylan. Then Gobli's eyes were averted to something behind them. "Ah, reinforcements. Please, dispose of them."

Dylan turned to see the 'reinforcements.' He was surprised to see that it was only one guy, a guy in his twenties with dark brown curly hair and a tan. In his hand was a shotgun. Dylan's eyes flashed to Ben's, and saw that Ben was not the least bit afraid. In fact, his eyes suggested that there was nothing to fear from the reinforcements at all. The new guy spoke evenly with Gobli. "The only downside to using Chams is that at times you don't know whether they actually are." He aimed the shotgun at Gobli, and fired.

Gobli dodged, and then Ben pulled out his rifle as well. Realizing that he was overrun, Gobli ran out the exit as if his life depended on it. Which it might have, actually. Bridgette started chasing him, but was stopped with a hand from Ben. "We need to retreat. Our mission is done. Gobli will no doubt lead us into a trap with fifty Chams in it. Plus, this base is done anyway." Bridgette turned to Dylan. "Oh yeah, that reminds me. I'm supposed to give you this." She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a pill.

Dylan eyed it suspiciously. "What does it do?" Bridgette shrugged. "It'll knock you out for a few hours. Thought we'd give you time to rest. Dylan mentally shrugged, and plopped it in his mouth. An immediate black swept over him, and he was unconscious. Ben carried him into a car parked in the handicap parking space, and dragged him in. The car left. Oddly anticlimactic for a battle, merely driving away, with people coming in and out of a hospital. It would have to do, though.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Gobli is such a dumbo. How could he miss Rose? lol Tis was a good update, Vipee, it will do until you update again, because I am wondering what will happen next. Good job also in spacing out the story to make it more enjoyable and easy to follow/read. :yes:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Gobli is such a dumbo. How could he miss Rose? lol Tis was a good update, Vipee, it will do until you update again, because I am wondering what will happen next. Good job also in spacing out the story to make it more enjoyable and easy to follow/read. :yes:

I'll be showing a more dangerous side to him later. He's not very good with a gun, he's overconfident, but he also has a powerful force to back him up, and he plans ahead. Keep in mind of what I told you about his fate.

Chapter 4: Our Warm Friendly Welcome to the Division That Just Might Get You Killed

A flash of memories inside Dylan's head. The first time he rode a bike, and was nearly run over by a car. The time he first met Ben. His dad saying goodbye to him before leaving on the trip to Manhattan from which he'd never return. And then, a gun aimed at him by the girl, Xylia. In the dream, she hit her mark. Then, a pair of charismatic green eyes in the middle of nowhere, staring into Dylan. A hissing noise, slithering, breathing. Dylan looked around, total black, just the noises. Then, a slow reptilian chuckle. Dylan's eyes opened.

A nicely furnished room, Dylan was sleeping on a twin-size bed. Was it all a dream? Dylan looked around. Strange dream, then. He got up out of bed, walked over to the door and opened it. Metal floors and walls, people moving around frantically. "It's about time you woke up," called a voice from behind him. Dylan turned to see the girl with brown hair, Bridgette, standing there, arms crossed. "Vincent wants to see you." So it wasn't a dream. Dylan stepped back. "Who's Vincent?" he asked frantically. Bridgette rolled her eyes. "We're not going to kill you. Just follow me."

She walked off and motioned for Dylan to follow. Dylan hesitated, and then began walking. Dylan looked around, seeing all there was to see. Two people who appeared to be technicians standing around, talking to each other. The girl with red hair was in what appeared to be a lounge, sitting back in a chair. Bridgette opened a door, and motioned for Dylan to come in. Dylan walked in the room. There were three people in the room. There was an older man who appeared to be in his fifties with gray hair and a tan, a girl around Dylan's age with long red hair in two braids. The older man turned to Dylan, and smiled warmly.

"So you're Tyler's son. I've heard him talk about you a lot," he said. Dylan looked down. "My dad.....is he....dead?" Dylan looked back at the man's eyes, which immediately dropped to the floor. "Gobli does not hold prisoners for long. We lost contact with Tyler about a week ago, so....I'm sorry. He was a good man." Dylan's eyes teared up. So this confirmed it. His father really was dead. The man began to speak again. "I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Vincent. I am the acting Head of the Spiral Division."

Something jogged in Dylan's memory. "The guy...Gobli interrogated me about a Spiral Division. So....why?" Vincent sighed. "Ok, it looks like I'm going to have to start from the beginning. A couple of years ago, we found something. A machine. Your father and I found it. It was....unnatural. A division was formed for the study and exploitation of it. We have not succeeded yet. And, apparently, Gobli is after the device. We call it the Spiral. We don't know who he is, or where he came from. But, all we know is, he is trying to take it for his own purposes."

"Which are definitely not good," Bridgette stated, arms still crossed. Dylan's eyes averted to the younger girl, who so far had not said a word, and had been looking down at the ground. Why? Vincent interrupted his thought process with a hand on his shoulder. "Bridgette, Keely, please leave us." The two girls obliged. Vincent sighed. "Dylan, what are you going to do? Leave? You can't, there is nowhere to go." Dylan sighed, and looked at him. "You know what I want to do? I want to find the people who killed my father with a big big gun."

Vincent smiled. "Yes, my friend. However, first, you need to be fully acquainted with what is happening. Being introduced to everyone, etc. So, for now, just rest." Dylan nodded. He walked back to his 'room' and flopped on the bed. Something was nagging at him, something one of his captors had said. But, eventually, he decided it was nothing, and he fell asleep.

tdhreunk

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
There is not even a period at the end of tdhreunk, so I don't know whether that is part of the story or not. But anyway, good chapter, Dee has met Vincent, who told him some info about his father. What comes next? I dunno, but I will find out by reading, duh. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom