• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Spiral

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Blue-eyes is almost right.

I hope you don't mind my interruptions. I don't mind them, at any rate. You've already been introduced to most of the main cast, with the exception of one. Tdhreunk. That's a code, you know. I don't even think I did the fence code correctly. I have no plans on introducing him in this chapter, or the chapter after that. However, I already have provided clues as to who that person is.

The next day, Dylan awoke to find that there was a note on his headboard. Group introduction. I'm pretty sure you've met most of them, but you're coming anyway. Whether you like it or not. -Bridgette Dylan smiled. Perhaps things wouldn't be too bad, especially after the dream he just had (which I will not elaborate on. Why? Because I said so). Then he remembered the Chams. How did he know that some of these Spiral Division people weren't just Chams in disguise? He thought back to his rescue. No, probably not.

Dylan got up out of bed and put some clothes on. He noticed that they were oddly casual clothes for a top-secret division. Perhaps they needed to stay incognito. Perhaps they just didn't like James Bond suits. Who would know? After getting dressed, he opened the door and was instantly reminded that, indeed, he was not in a hotel. He was not on a vacation. His dad was dead. He was in a facility used for who-knows-what, and, despite his attempt to remain confident in the eyes of others, he was scared.

The guy who had come to the team's rescue back in Gobli's base walked up to him. "Dylan, right? Yeah, you need to come with me." Dylan's eyes dodged around. "Why? Am I needed?" The guy rolled his eyes. "Did you get the note or not? Yeah, you're needed. Gonna introduce you to most of the people you're gonna be working with." Dylan sighed in relief. He'd been expecting something worse, like a mission.

They walked through the facility, this time going to a part Dylan had not seen the day before. They approached a door that was different form the others, it was bigger and made of thick metal. The guy punched in some numbers on a pad, opening the door. He motioned for Dylan to step inside, which he did. A metal room, like the rest of the facility, but bigger and more spacious. Vincent was standing inside, smiling warmly. Bridgette was there, as was everyone else from the rescue team, and the girl from Dylan's first meeting with Vincent as well.

"We decided to formally introduce you. Now, I know you've met most of them, but that's only one reason you're here. If the rest of you would introduce yourselves." The guy stepped into the room and shook Dylan's hand. "Ross. Ross Glennor." Dylan smiled. "Nice to meet you, Ross." Bridgette sniffed. "You already met the rest of us. Vincent, why is this necessary?"

Ben spoke up. "No, he hasn't. He hasn't met Keely yet." Dylan's eyes were drawn to the girl from yesterday, who was apparently Keely. Oddly young for a member of a top-secret division. "Well now you've met her," Bridgette said, breathless, "so now what? You called this big meeting just to introduce him to one person?" Vincent's smile faded, as if now she'd finally annoyed him. "I ordered you here to introduce him to the Spiral."

Dylan perked up. Vincent motioned him to walk through a door at the other end of the room. On the door read a sign stating for only authorized personnel to enter. Always the signs Dylan knew to avoid, but, standing here, he realized he now was. Authorized personnel, that is, not the sign. He opened the door, and walked in. It was different then he expected, to say the least. What do you think it would look like after all this hype? A UFO? Digital weapon?

It was a dusty room, with no one in it. Standing around a circular metal platform were three spires in a triangle around it. A dusty terminal lay off to the side. Dylan looked, uncomprehending. Vincent stepped into the room, and Dylan turned to look at him. "This is it? THIS is what is so secret? A big manhole cover and an old arcade game? THIS is what my dad died for?" Vincent looked uncomfortable. "No, he didn't die for a manhole cover and an old arcade game. This isn't that. This is the Spiral."

Dylan looked pained. The full implications of his father's death set in. This was no dream. His father had died. There was no going back. "And why would Gobli be after this?" Dylan waved his hands at the decrepid room. Vincent stepped forward and stared at the metal platform. "We can't work it. When we found it, it was on. Then it simply....turned off before we could find out what it was." He strode over to the terminal and dusted it off. He pointed towards a slot in the machine. "That looks like a flash drive could fit in it," Dylan noted. Vincent pulled out a flash drive, and placed it in. A smoking noise, and an electric crackle.

The flash drive was broken. Vincent pulled the smoking flash drive out, and threw it to the ground. "Useless. We believe Gobli may have the only key."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom