• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I literally have no ****ing idea what's going on or what to think about any of this ****. I know nothing about The Room hepl plz :(

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, time to actually play this game.
Going on the theory that Mark and Lisa are our mafia (which makes sense, given theyre the ones who tore Johnny apart), that means Yiga was probably scum. Good work everyone.
Storm was 100% town. He's Johnny, who's the ultimate Marty Stu. He can do no wrong, he treats his wife good, he pets dogs, he takes in homeless kids off the street... He's as good as good can be.
I'll do some wagonomics and see if anything comes up suspicious.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Okay, so YIGA was probably scum. Meaning we have one more left.

I’ll have to look back at yesterday to see how people stand. I recall funnier trying to start a YIGA wagon, so I’m going to give him a slight town lean. I also feel good about anyone who was voting YIGA because it wasn’t a very large wagon.

Finally, meant to say this yesterday, but I liked how Mido reacted when people started questioning him. Felt like he was actually trying to scumhunt when looking at my actions.

Mido

Version 1
Good show, ladies and gents (as far as yesterday's outcome is concerned); but we must not forget the grave loss of our hero, Johnny. :kawaii: He was Mark's best-no. Our, best friend. Let's do it for Johnny, man!

latest

More to come when I get home.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
iirc correctly Strom was fairly active day one so it doesn't make much sense that he was a day 1 target for the night kill.

Did anyone have a reason to target Storm I wonder

(I high key need to look over day 1 I honestly havent read it yet :eyes:)

funnier6

Courage~
I literally have no ****ing idea what's going on or what to think about any of this ****. I know nothing about The Room hepl plz :(
What’s not to get? There’s the mafia then there’s the not mafia and everything else is flavor.
Well, time to actually play this game.
Going on the theory that Mark and Lisa are our mafia (which makes sense, given theyre the ones who tore Johnny apart), that means Yiga was probably scum. Good work everyone.
Storm was 100% town. He's Johnny, who's the ultimate Marty Stu. He can do no wrong, he treats his wife good, he pets dogs, he takes in homeless kids off the street... He's as good as good can be.
I'll do some wagonomics and see if anything comes up suspicious.
Why is it a theory. Why is Yiga probably scum. Looking forward to those wagonomics.
Okay, so YIGA was probably scum. Meaning we have one more left.

I’ll have to look back at yesterday to see how people stand. I recall funnier trying to start a YIGA wagon, so I’m going to give him a slight town lean. I also feel good about anyone who was voting YIGA because it wasn’t a very large wagon.

Finally, meant to say this yesterday, but I liked how Mido reacted when people started questioning him. Felt like he was actually trying to scumhunt when looking at my actions.
I do not understand how you people can possibly be unsure Yiga was mafia.
iirc correctly Strom was fairly active day one so it doesn't make much sense that he was a day 1 target for the night kill.

Did anyone have a reason to target Storm I wonder

(I high key need to look over day 1 I honestly havent read it yet :eyes:)
Gimme some thoughts after you read it over.

@Minish_Link high fives Finding scum on day one sure is happening more than it used to, kinda funny cause your day one would’ve totally confirmed you’re town which is totally useless since you already are. (:

Mido

Version 1
@Minish_Link high fives Finding scum on day one sure is happening more than it used to, kinda funny cause your day one would’ve totally confirmed you’re town which is totally useless since you already are. (:

Although to think she would lead the lynch of her own daughter as far as flavor is concerned. I can't imagine how she must be feeling. :(

As far as the actual game is concerned, I have some rethinking to do in light of recent events. I'll level with you in particular and concede that the only "reads" I had some semblance of confidence over were my town looks and at the time my concern about Stormageden, but now the latter I'm reevaluating in light of the last lynch considering YIGA joined the Storma wagon.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
karma-deskslam.gif

Johnny... why did you have to die...

...Something fishy happened yesterday. I'll do a reread when I get the chance in order to gather my thoughts because they're pretty scattered right now.
So far, no one has really posted anything of substance, so I assume we're all gonna read over D1 and post our thoughts later. Let's get to it, lads.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What’s not to get? There’s the mafia then there’s the not mafia and everything else is flavor.

Why is it a theory. Why is Yiga probably scum. Looking forward to those wagonomics.

I do not understand how you people can possibly be unsure Yiga was mafia.

Gimme some thoughts after you read it over.

As likely as it is, it was never stated for sure. We're all going on our own interpretations of the film, which, while they make sense to us, may not be Libk's. Unless he ever states that Yiga was scum, we can't say for 100% certain.
That said, Yiga was probably scum. I'm just not using the certain terms.

Ryuken

Alright, big post with many colors and links incoming.
karma-snap.gif

*snaps to cue Tricks and Baroque*
After rereading through D1, I am confident that the last remaining scum is a player on the Yiga wagon.
FINAL VOTE TALLY
Stormageden747(3)Ryuken, Storm, YIGAhim
YIGAhim
(3)Minish_Link, Funnier6, Mido
Mido
(1)Stormageden747
Minish is confirmed Townie at this point and they led the Yiga wagon, so it obviously can't be them. Storm is a dead Townie and of course Yiga was lynched, turning out to be scum. As to why I think Storma is Townie... here's my evidence.
YIGA was Lisa. Any ideas on what role Lisa could be? I haven't seen The Room so idk.
I leaned Town on them initially because I thought their reaction to Mido casting suspicion on them was genuine. This night post solidifies that belief. Now I know I sound like a hypocrite because I voted for them and tried to build a wagon with Deku, but that was because I wasn't very confident in voting Yiga. I know he usually has a weird thought process.

That just leaves us with two people: Mido and funnier6. Mido has been pretty transparent with their thoughts, and I kinda like how helpful they've been. However, I don't think I can say the same for funnier6.

See, this is the worst part, since I’m like the easiest read ever all you really have to do is wait a day and it should be exceedingly obvious what alignment I am without trying to read into an RVS vote, that just reads to me like the typical scum strategy of try to town read funnier as soon as possible cause we know he’s going to be obvious town so we might as well get that over with. I also really dislike how you said “scum” tries to be cautious instead of “scum funnier”, like if you were really trying to read me why not use my past scum games as reference instead of just using general scum behavior?
This is them reacting to Mido's read, which was the first thing I noted about them D1 in my reads list. Their playstyle usually is a tryhard Townie, but this game feels a little different. I highlighted this portion to point out that throughout all of D1, they appear to be extremely cocky. "Oh, most people know this is usually how I play, so they'll catch on eventually." Mido even pointed that out, warning him.
@YIGAhim how you feel about Mido?
They asked this person about their thoughts on Mido, and this person only, who turned out to be scum. They didn't tag anyone else who hadn't spoken yet about Mido, including Storm and Keiko.
There’s that pressure for thoughts you were suggesting Ryu. @DekuNut it really is a shame you haven’t been mafia since I started playing cause I’m just going to always want to kill you as either alignment. :c
This was in response to my sarcasm about funnier6 pressuring Deku (the joke was the fact that funnier is a tryhard town). The odd thing I found here wasn't that they seemingly missed the sarcastic nature of my remark (cause of course why would I say this specific person would be the one to do it, huh?), they took it seriously and decided to place a pressure vote on Deku. This is what prompted me to think in my mind, "Is it just me or is funnier6 being a little too tryhard this game?"

Vote: funnier6
karma-badmood(a).gif

I believe they're masking their true intentions behind this tryhard playstyle, and I'm not comfortable with that, especially since they're at the bottom of my reads overall. I believe they decided to join the Yiga wagon in order to not look scummy and to seem as tryhard Townie as possible. With their most recent post today where they're trying to act buddy-buddy with Minish for nailing Yiga, that solidifies that belief and makes me more suspicious.

Btw funnier, when are you gonna get back to me on those rereads of your past games with Mido? Or have you changed your mind? :eyes:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Storm wasn't active at all day 1 actually. Stormageden was a bit active, which may be where you're getting confused.

Although to think she would lead the lynch of her own daughter as far as flavor is concerned. I can't imagine how she must be feeling. :(

I'm more upset that Johnny is dead. He was such a great guy. I mean, he had all sorts of money and treated Lisa like a princess! With her outta the way maybe he could've treated me like a princess. Ya know, before the breast cancer killed me. :(

I believe they decided to join the Yiga wagon in order to not look scummy and to seem as tryhard Townie as possible. With their most recent post today where they're trying to act buddy-buddy with Minish for nailing Yiga, that solidifies that belief and makes me more suspicious.

I certainly see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure if I agree with your assessment completely. While I started the Yiga wagon, funnier seemed to push it more when there was no reason for him to. Yiga wasn't really in trouble then, and if funnier is his scumbud, then he bussed Yiga hard when he could have probably easily kept him alive. Which I could see bussing happening in another game, but seeing as it seems there are only 2 scum this time, it would put the second scum in a tough spot trying to survive on their own with the other mafia being killed day 1. Not to mention, 'tryhard' is just part of funnier's game no matter what alignment. Your example of him only asking Yiga about Mido is just something he always does. And quite frankly, singling Yiga turned out to be a good thing because that led to me getting scummy vibes from his responses. I think that if funnier and Yiga were scumbuds, funnier would have helped him come up with something better to say in scum chat (if they have day chat that is).

I'm not discounting the idea that funnier is scum, but I just don't think he should be the target for today given what I've said. However, Storm being the nk does make me think that the other scum is an experienced player. Since killing him gives us no info at all, and I feel like a less experienced player might have killed me instead. Funnier would fall in that group, which is why I'm not completely town reading him yet. But there are two others that I think would really fit with that as well. Mido and Deku. Mido was the last to join the Yiga wagon which could be seen as bussing when he knew Yiga was too far gone. I'm a bit hesitant to scum read him though, because I've been liking his posts and I'm often wrong about him. I'll have to see more from Deku today to get a better read on him, but he's one of my harder people to read as well.

At this point I'm leaning town for Storma, due to thinking the other scum is more experienced, and the fact that he was the counterwagon.

Ryuken

I certainly see where you're coming from, but I'm not sure if I agree with your assessment completely. While I started the Yiga wagon, funnier seemed to push it more when there was no reason for him to. Yiga wasn't really in trouble then, and if funnier is his scumbud, then he bussed Yiga hard when he could have probably easily kept him alive. Which I could see bussing happening in another game, but seeing as it seems there are only 2 scum this time, it would put the second scum in a tough spot trying to survive on their own with the other mafia being killed day 1. Not to mention, 'tryhard' is just part of funnier's game no matter what alignment. Your example of him only asking Yiga about Mido is just something he always does. And quite frankly, singling Yiga turned out to be a good thing because that led to me getting scummy vibes from his responses. I think that if funnier and Yiga were scumbuds, funnier would have helped him come up with something better to say in scum chat (if they have day chat that is).

I'm not discounting the idea that funnier is scum, but I just don't think he should be the target for today given what I've said. However, Storm being the nk does make me think that the other scum is an experienced player. Since killing him gives us no info at all, and I feel like a less experienced player might have killed me instead. Funnier would fall in that group, which is why I'm not completely town reading him yet. But there are two others that I think would really fit with that as well. Mido and Deku. Mido was the last to join the Yiga wagon which could be seen as bussing when he knew Yiga was too far gone. I'm a bit hesitant to scum read him though, because I've been liking his posts and I'm often wrong about him. I'll have to see more from Deku today to get a better read on him, but he's one of my harder people to read as well.

karma-snap(a).gif

You say the second scum must be an experienced player due to Storm being a night kill, so if we're operating under the assumption that the Mafia are using scum chat to communicate, why WOULD they not feed YIGAHim the words to defend himself? I've seen Yiga have more thought-out posts when he was Town (i.e. Pendio's Mafia game, where many players noticed he stepped up his gameplay), so I believe Yiga's just not used to defending himself or casting believable suspicion on anyone. Conclusion: experienced or not experienced, the second scum wouldn't have fed Yiga any words to defend himself regardless.

Now for funnier6 pushing for suspicion on Yiga and joining in on your wagon, that was probably not planned because there was a time extension for D1. I've gone over to double check all posts before the time extension and this is what I counted:

Day 1 Vote Talley (Before Time Extension)
DekuNut (2) - Ryuken, funnier6
Stormageden747 (2) - Mido, DekuNut
YIGAHim (1) - Minish_Link

Not voting: Storm, Doc, Ayano Keiko, YIGAHim, Stormageden747

funnier6 didn't actually start casting suspicion and placing a vote for YIGAHim until AFTER the vote extension and after YOU made your post advocating for a Yiga lynch. Even then, they tried to see who the three people he tagged would vote for, and they stayed on my wagon for a bit despite my suspicions not being strong enough to warrant any votes (I eventually joined a different wagon, after all.) Conclusion: due to the rising suspicion on YIGAHim, it would've looked scummy for funnier6 to stay on my wagon, so they switched.

I think you see why I'm convinced funnier6 is using his tryhardness as a front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom