• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This reads so much like scum trying to be the first one to say something serious I can hardly stand it, especially since it’s about me.

I do agree however that time is short and we’ve got things to do. @Storm you haven’t said anything.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

You've got fairly solid reasoning for your vote here. But I've found that I've voted for Mido quite a bit before for things like this and he always turns out town then. Not saying your suspicions are wrong, but I just feel like that was a very Mido post. Haha.

I like funnier's reaction to Minish's reveal as Claudette. Felt genuine. Otherwise I can't really say much since the majority of posts have been customary for RVS. I just wanted to get this out there since the day isn't very long.

And with that said, would you mind explaining what about his reaction felt genuine?

Mido

Version 1
You've got fairly solid reasoning for your vote here. But I've found that I've voted for Mido quite a bit before for things like this and he always turns out town then. Not saying your suspicions are wrong, but I just feel like that was a very Mido post. Haha.

:sweat:

And with that said, would you mind explaining what about his reaction felt genuine?

Sure thing.

I had the impression that the tone of his reaction was very animated, although this is something that was rooted in whatever intuition I'm utilizing. The real meat of my tone read actually comes later through funnier's vote against me. Specifically, my post quoted below has the better explanation.

More on this:

I find it interesting that you included the tidbit about yourself in relation to my (perhaps pitifully attempted) tone read. If it's a wariness of a potential scum Mido attempting to pocket you, I can understand the caution being exercised on your end.

Now, this isn't necessarily new behavior as far as my memory goes, but the concern he has for himself (although it lies more in the fact that he vocalized it as he did) reinforces the previous impression of his mode of operation this round that I had previously. Scum tend to be cautious, but I often find scum try to be composed in their caution. Funnier's reactions was seemingly more...passionate, if that's the right word for it? I won't deny the aforementioned explanation could very well be a reach, but the jury's still out on this one, I suppose.

funnier6

Courage~

Oh, not always town, didn’t Mido only get mislynched in Anime? Anyway I agree it was very Mido (not that I’ve ever really seen him not make Mido posts lol) but I also find it more like scum Mido. (: Plus we really need to get things going with only 24 hours left.
:sweat:

Sure thing.

I had the impression that the tone of his reaction was very animated, although this is something that was rooted in whatever intuition I'm utilizing. The real meat of my tone read actually comes later through funnier's vote against me. Specifically, my post quoted below has the better explanation.

Now, this isn't necessarily new behavior as far as my memory goes, but the concern he has for himself (although it lies more in the fact that he vocalized it as he did) reinforces the previous impression of his mode of operation this round that I had previously. Scum tend to be cautious, but I often find scum try to be composed in their caution. Funnier's reactions was seemingly more...passionate, if that's the right word for it? I won't deny the aforementioned explanation could very well be a reach, but the jury's still out on this one, I suppose.

See, this is the worst part, since I’m like the easiest read ever all you really have to do is wait a day and it should be exceedingly obvious what alignment I am without trying to read into an RVS vote, that just reads to me like the typical scum strategy of try to town read funnier as soon as possible cause we know he’s going to be obvious town so we might as well get that over with. I also really dislike how you said “scum” tries to be cautious instead of “scum funnier”, like if you were really trying to read me why not use my past scum games as reference instead of just using general scum behavior?

Can you vote somebody for me please, just anyone for any reason cause we need the votes and if you can get them talking that’d be great.

@YIGAhim how you feel about Mido?

Mido

Version 1
Oh, not always town, didn’t Mido only get mislynched in Anime? Anyway I agree it was very Mido (not that I’ve ever really seen him not make Mido posts lol) but I also find it more like scum Mido. (: Plus we really need to get things going with only 24 hours left.

Actually, it wasn't the first time. Avengers Mafia and Night Nut had similar occurrences. And even then, Avengers is much more similar to this situation. Night Hut had me make some questionable decisions; but I was accused in Avengers for making a similar move that I did here coupled with a horrible vig shot. ((sorry, @Pendio)). Anime was because I narrowed my focus too much, a mistake I don't intend to make again.

See, this is the worst part, since I’m like the easiest read ever all you really have to do is wait a day and it should be exceedingly obvious what alignment I am without trying to read into an RVS vote, that just reads to me like the typical scum strategy of try to town read funnier as soon as possible cause we know he’s going to be obvious town so we might as well get that over with.

Let's not jump the gun quite yet. :)

I also really dislike how you said “scum” tries to be cautious instead of “scum funnier”, like if you were really trying to read me why not use my past scum games as reference instead of just using general scum behavior?

I'm admittedly not one for meta-reading. It's a useful tool, sure; but I've never been quite good at it. Therefore, I decided to operate based on my own principles as to general town/scum behavior. A different game, a different set of potential circumstances.

Reactions: Pen

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I've noticed Minish's posting style has changed from when I last played with them. They haven't been this active on D1, and I'm not seeing the usual "Wall of Reads," meaning they're probably taking a different approach this game. Leaning town.
Mido's been very transparent with their thoughts and explanations thus far. Not sure if this is their usual behavior whether their town or scum, but they've been pretty active. The only "suspicious" thing they've done is comment on funnier's reaction to Minish. The townie vibes outweigh the scummy vibes here.
funnier6 is being his usual self, being a tryhard Town. Reaction to Mido's read was a tad bit OMGUS considering it was a weak suspicion in the end, but I'm probably being a little hypocritical since we share similar qualities. Neutral read.

Now although RVS is now over, I'm keeping my vote on Deku, and here's why:
Vote: Keiko
karma-snap(a).gif

This post is so scummy because there is no explanation for it, no meme, no emote, no context, no comedic punchline to justify its existence, like the other posts. It's a subtle, yet noticeable difference if you've looked at the past 2 games he's participated in. They've also not been very active this day, so there's that.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Ah, okay I see what you meant now. I feel like that is just usually funnier's posting style at the beginning of games. But I do like you trying to find something to get the game going.

There were a few games before you started playing that I think I scum read Mido really hard and he flipped town. And it was usually for small things like this, where I feel like he had good intentions, but they came across in a kinda scummy way.

There hasn't been a ton to go on yet, besides this situation with you and Mido, so I'm not sure if I know where to place my vote quite yet. I have an idea, but I want to see how some things pan out first.

I've noticed Minish's posting style has changed from when I last played with them. They haven't been this active on D1, and I'm not seeing the usual "Wall of Reads," meaning they're probably taking a different approach this game. Leaning town..

I will admit that the last game I was really off on how I typically play. It wasn't a great representation, and I'm still pretty disappointed about that. Not saying that your reasoning here is wrong, just wanting to let you know that pretty much any other game I've been in is better for meta on me than the last one.

Mido

Version 1
Hmm...a few things here.

I've noticed Minish's posting style has changed from when I last played with them. They haven't been this active on D1, and I'm not seeing the usual "Wall of Reads," meaning they're probably taking a different approach this game. Leaning town.

Considering the flavor of the game, Minish is virtually a confirmed townie at this point with the character reveal. Going off The Room lore, Claudette is Lisa's mother, but an ardent supporter of her relationship with Johnny.

Mido's been very transparent with their thoughts and explanations thus far. Not sure if this is their usual behavior whether their town or scum, but they've been pretty active. The only "suspicious" thing they've done is comment on funnier's reaction to Minish. The townie vibes outweigh the scummy vibes here.

It is difficult for me to comment on my own meta, since I tend to think I play somewhat inconsistently for better or worse. Transparency is something I have put into practice in multiple games, that much I can say. It's been both a boon and a detriment.

funnier6 is being his usual self, being a tryhard Town. Reaction to Mido's read was a tad bit OMGUS considering it was a weak suspicion in the end, but I'm probably being a little hypocritical since we share similar qualities. Neutral read.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it OMGUS since my read of him leans town right now as much as it is a wariness of my making an "easy town read," which considering his perspective, generally has a degree of truth to it.

karma-snap(a).gif

This post is so scummy because there is no explanation for it, no meme, no emote, no context, no comedic punchline to justify its existence, like the other posts. It's a subtle, yet noticeable difference if you've looked at the past 2 games he's participated in. They've also not been very active this day, so there's that.

latest

I would be hard-pressed to say there's anything to be gathered from a single vote, especially one conducted during RVS. Activity is something to keep in mind as future trend, but I don't think there's much to gain solely from this avenue of thinking. This being said:

@DekuNut, what say you about some of these recent events?

Ah, okay I see what you meant now. I feel like that is just usually funnier's posting style at the beginning of games. But I do like you trying to find something to get the game going.

That's a good point. Perhaps I did read into it a tad too much in this respect. Either way, I appreciate the perspective.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

See, this is the worst part, since I’m like the easiest read ever all you really have to do is wait a day and it should be exceedingly obvious what alignment I am without trying to read into an RVS vote, that just reads to me like the typical scum strategy of try to town read funnier as soon as possible cause we know he’s going to be obvious town so we might as well get that over with. I also really dislike how you said “scum” tries to be cautious instead of “scum funnier”, like if you were really trying to read me why not use my past scum games as reference instead of just using general scum behavior?

Can you vote somebody for me please, just anyone for any reason cause we need the votes and if you can get them talking that’d be great.

@YIGAhim how you feel about Mido?
The reasoning is there, but it has good justification, and I think the reactions from others about this may have more fruit

Mido

Version 1
The reasoning is there, but it has good justification, and I think the reactions from others about this may have more fruit

Out of curiosity, if we're going to add more fruit to the basket (keeping in line with the fruit theme here :cool: ); would you mind elaborating on the bolded portion of your observation? Any specifics?

In any case, I think it's time to take you up on your call to vote, @funnier6.

Vote: Stormageden747

[QUOTE="Stormageden747, post: 1133860, member: 85116"]Okay, we need to end RVS now and get to the game.
Unvote

I haven't learned anything from this RVS, anyone else see anything?[/QUOTE]

It's not so much the post itself as it is it's timing. It comes right after funnier and myself had our first exchange that segued into seriousness. In context it seems redundant to have mentioned at all. Not the most potentially incriminating action, but it does seem like an effort to blend in with the flow of the game. This being noted, do you have anything to share in light of recent events, Mr. Geden?

funnier6

Courage~

karma-snap(a).gif

Mido has already mostly replied this but I want to say that my reaction being OMGUS makes zero sense since that only happens as a reaction to being scum read or voted.

Those are actually town Deku things tbh.
Can you say this again but in English? Needs more long and detailed.

@Doc where are youuu

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
There hasn't been a ton to go on yet, besides this situation with you and Mido, so I'm not sure if I know where to place my vote quite yet. I have an idea, but I want to see how some things pan out first.
Yeah, not everyone here has posted. Hopefully, we get to hear from @Storm and @DekuNut soon. Storm seems preoccupied, though I wonder about Deku...
Considering the flavor of the game, Minish is virtually a confirmed townie at this point with the character reveal. Going off The Room lore, Claudette is Lisa's mother, but an ardent supporter of her relationship with Johnny.
That's a bit... strange, isn't it? Wikipedia tells me Claudette is one of the "bad guys" in The Room, so if we go by what you're basing your reasoning on, wouldn't that be a scum role?
Then again, the GM wouldn't mess with us by lying about a role reveal or revealing a Mafia role, so whatever.
karma-normal(a).gif

Are you tripping, scum? It sounds like you're agreeing with something, but I can't tell what it is. Elaborate on your stance on Mido or who's reasoning/reactions you find noteworthy.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've been reading, but I don't have much to say. I haven't really had much motivation for RVS this game, and nobody's actions have stood out.
#LynchMeDayOne

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I’m moving back to my dorm today, so I can’t get out a great post. Anyways, if this isn’t irrelevant now, I got a similar vibe as funnier regarding Mido’s post saying he got good vibes from funnier. I don’t remember funnier saying anything too significant about Minish’s reveal. It struck me as potential scum declaring someone townie to get in their good graces.

That's a bit... strange, isn't it? Wikipedia tells me Claudette is one of the "bad guys" in The Room, so if we go by what you're basing your reasoning on, wouldn't that be a scum role?

Claudette is by no means a villain in The Room. In fact, she’s quite supportive of Lisa and Johnny getting married (because Johnny got that money). Besides, I’m fairly certain there’s only two scum in this game, and that’s Mark and Lisa.

Mido

Version 1
Unofficial Vote Count - (Stolen from Tristan)

DekuNut (1) - Ryuken
Mido (2) - Ayano Keiko, funnier6
Ayano Keiko (1) - DekuNut
Stormageden747 (1) - Mido

Currently not voting: Storm, YIGAhim, Minish_Link, Doc, Stormageden747

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like we have run into an interesting situation given the game's lynch rules.

latest

Linkdude Wiseau said:
Usual rules apply for this game. Bold your votes and invites. Don't talk at night. Don't use role pm as evidence. Don't talk outside the game thread unless something in your role pm lets you. No Role claiming. No name claiming. In the event of a tie, the most recent vote will be removed until there is no longer a tie, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. A majority of players must be voting for a lynch to happen. They don't all have to vote for the same person but they do have to be voting.

Day 1 Ends in 48 hours on Monday, March 12th, though I may not be able to update it until around 4pm. With 10 players it takes 6 to majority lynch. @Tristan has agreed to be my vote slave for this game so don' mind the sloth.

In the games current state, self-preservation is out of the question, but at the same time it doesn't seem we have reached the majority of our voter-base being one short of majority for the lynch to happen if I understand correctly (assuming the majority lynch count applies to voter participation in the big picture as well). For those who haven't voted, I don't have to tell you what you already know. Meanwhile, I'm going to get more organized reads out.

Claudette is by no means a villain in The Room. In fact, she’s quite supportive of Lisa and Johnny getting married (because Johnny got that money). Besides, I’m fairly certain there’s only two scum in this game, and that’s Mark and Lisa.

From what I hear, his position is very secure. Don't let Minish_Link know that I've just stolen one of her lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom