• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The one shrine I don't like (minor spoilers)

It's the one near Kakariko village that goes through a tutorial of beating a guardian with perfect dodges and perfect blocks. Like seriously why even have it as a tutorial in the game? When the game allows you do to 119 other shrines before it.

The time I found that Shrine I had already beaten 60 other shrines and some of them were "A Major Test of Strength". I had also beaten Lynels with perfect blocking. The king said go to Kakariko village. I said no and explored every where else on the map first.

I tried killing this guardian in that shrine and realised, it's not dying. Have to follow this tutorial. How pointless.
However if this was one of the Great Plateau shrines thewn it'd have made sense because then you'd have to do it before you leave and the tutorial aspect of it would make a lot more sense.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I think most people will come across this shrine earlier than you did. I found this shrine helpful.

I am surprised you would be upset instead of enjoying an easy to get orb.

Some people would have shield surfed way before meeting the tutorial guys too. Your point? That's like complaining you can still do Minor Test shrines when you've already done a Major Test one.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's the one near Kakariko village that goes through a tutorial of beating a guardian with perfect dodges and perfect blocks. Like seriously why even have it as a tutorial in the game? When the game allows you do to 119 other shrines before it.

The time I found that Shrine I had already beaten 60 other shrines and some of them were "A Major Test of Strength". I had also beaten Lynels with perfect blocking. The king said go to Kakariko village. I said no and explored every where else on the map first.

I tried killing this guardian in that shrine and realised, it's not dying. Have to follow this tutorial. How pointless.
However if this was one of the Great Plateau shrines thewn it'd have made sense because then you'd have to do it before you leave and the tutorial aspect of it would make a lot more sense.

I agree with you. What is the point when the game tries at every turn to distract and get you to ignore the main quest. I had done a few other, much harder shrines before doing that one.

I don't see why a player would know about flurry rush without being told about it. It's a basic technique and the game should explain to the player or have the option for the player to be explained to from the beginning.

Even OOT taught the player how to do combat better with the optional signposts. Allowing seasoned players to bypass them.

I think most people will come across this shrine earlier than you did. I found this shrine helpful.
I wanted this shrine on the Great Plateau. So you have to do it before you can leavew the Great Plateau. That would have made sense. Having this shrine outside the tutorial plateau is bad.

I agree with you. What is the point when the game tries at every turn to distract and get you to ignore the main quest. I had done a few other, much harder shrines before doing that one.

I don't see why a player would know about flurry rush without being told about it. It's a basic technique and the game should explain to the player or have the option for the player to be explained to from the beginning.

Even OOT taught the player how to do combat better with the optional signposts. Allowing seasoned players to bypass them.
For this game, we have the first 4 shrines which basically tell you how to use the runes on the Great Plateau. Make this attack tutorial shrine a 5th Shrine on the Great Plateau. That would have made a lot more sense.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I wanted this shrine on the Great Plateau. So you have to do it before you can leavew the Great Plateau. That would have made sense. Having this shrine outside the tutorial plateau is bad.

For this game, we have the first 4 shrines which basically tell you how to use the runes on the Great Plateau. Make this attack tutorial shrine a 5th Shrine on the Great Plateau. That would have made a lot more sense.

I agree that it would have been better on the Great Plateau.

If they'd just set up the tutorial to run during your first trial of strength, that would probably have been the best way to do it.
Putting it on the Great Plateau would take away the chance for people to discover those mechanics for themselves.
But I don't think putting it in the Kakariko shrine was a bad idea, seeing as that's where most people will go first, and it's kind of fitting for those sorts of skills to be associated with the Sheikah (quite a few of the shrines do have a connection to the area they're located in).

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

Are you sure this was in a major test of strength? Those are the 3000 HP guys, I thought this tutorial for me was during a minor test or something of that nature.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!

This was the second combat-based shrine I did. I strayed off the path, wanting to cross the bridge rather than go between the Dueling Peaks, so it took a while before I got to Kakariko Village, I actually found two other villages and found another reason to seek out Impa before I actually bothered to do it, lol.

I think the tutorial shrine makes sense, because if you do follow the path suggested you will get to it just after maybe a few shrines after jumping off the Plateau, and people who don't know what to do are more likely to stick to the path suggested and will appreciate the tutorial aspect in there. I appreciated it, even with it not being my first combat shrine, and for those that don't. It's 1 out of 120 shrines, and it's not that big a bother, honestly.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Are you sure this was in a major test of strength? Those are the 3000 HP guys, I thought this tutorial for me was during a minor test or something of that nature.
Never mind. Misread. Carry on lol.

The first time I went to Kakariko, I didn't even notice the shrine so I never had a travel gate to Kakariko until I returned later. I visited Hateno before I visited Kakariko and had the Trial of Power under my belt as one of my first shrines off the Great Plateau. My return to Kakariko, I had already completed half my map. I still never entered that shrine; only activated it. I finally got around to doing it and was really confused. I mean, whatever floats your goat, but wasn't BotW's thing not having mandatory tutorials? Hiss.

I mean, whatever floats your goat, but wasn't BotW's thing not having mandatory tutorials? Hiss.
Seeing as you left it so long before completing it (and could have beaten the game without doing so), it obviously isn't mandatory.
The only mandatory shrines in the game are the four on the Great Plateau, with the entire area essentially acting as one giant tutorial... if you want to complain, you should be complaining about them.

but wasn't BotW's thing not having mandatory tutorials? Hiss.
You didn't do the Great Plateau 4 shrines? They are totally tutorials for each and you can't leave the pleaeau without doing them. They are totally manditory tutorials.

My arguement is this combat tutorial shrine should have been either had it's tutorial part scrapped or moved to the great plateau and made a manditory tutorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom