• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The one shrine I don't like (minor spoilers)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
You didn't do the Great Plateau 4 shrines? They are totally tutorials for each and you can't leave the pleaeau without doing them. They are totally manditory tutorials.

My arguement is this combat tutorial shrine should have been either had it's tutorial part scrapped or moved to the great plateau and made a manditory tutorial.

I kinda like that it isn't on the great plateau, because it allows you to take however long time it takes you to discover the shrine to do some trial and error in terms of learning combat, and while for some it will be a bit "I knew that" experience, for others it will be an "oh, cool, I can do it like this as well" experience. But it isn't forced upon you. The runes are kinda necessary to have a small introductory setting for, just to get the basic concepts in since they are new. Even with bombs it's a new experience to now have remote detonation. With combat you already know how to fight and the shrine just highlights special moves that you may or may not have discovered on your own. They aren't essential to regular combat, but will significantly help you with harder foes.

Its placement makes perfect sense to me, because any player that follows the directions instead of wildly exploring in any direction is very likely to find it and do it early in the game, and those players are more likely to benefit from its knowledge. However players who wants to do whatever doesn't need it and may be miffed at a tutorial for something they probably learned on their own, but it's still one shrine out of 120.

MW7

The combat tutorial shrine didn't bother me. It wasn't hard to find so it kind of felt like a free shrine anyway. The combat shrines themselves bothered me because I was looking forward to doing puzzles every time I found a shrine.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The combat tutorial shrine didn't bother me. It wasn't hard to find so it kind of felt like a free shrine anyway. The combat shrines themselves bothered me because I was looking forward to doing puzzles every time I found a shrine.

Yeah, I started just marking the combat shrines with a sword and move on, lol. I'll deal with them when I'm in the mood to be tried on combat, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom