• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
my not bold most safest guaranteed prediction ever: gamecube NSO never being a thing on switch
I'd say the biggest thing going against it would be the size of Gamecube games. Those can be upwards of 1.2 GB or so in size, so downloading an app that contains all of them would be rival Switch games in size.

Also, **** the NSO stuff and just let us purchase retro titles. Gonna feel pretty good about still emulating everything if they don't. :mad:

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
My prediction(s)?
TotK DLC (Waves 1-2 would be confirmed; only give the name of the first on)
Mario Kart DLC news
Legend of Zelda Movie (staring Tom Holland)

Hopes
All of the above
Oracle remakes
Spirit Tracks remake/port
Amiibo update for ACNH (reintroducing the animals based on popular characters from New Leaf:Welcome Amiibo)
Detective Pikachu 2

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
My prediction: 3 or more random anime style sorta RPGs that a bunch of people love when they come out but then they'll end up on the clearance shelf at Walmart.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
For tomorrow's direct I anticipate -
  • Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes Remastered to be shadow dropped
  • Pikmin 4 stuff
  • Announcement of a port of Wind Waker HD or Twilight Princess HD or Both
  • TotK DLC announcement
  • Splatoon 3 DLC announcement
  • New Fire Emblem announcement
  • Possibly a new switch or an announcement of a new system to be releasing next year.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
My theory is that Nintendo is trying to get everyone spun up to speed on Metroid Prime's story, seeing as the last Prime entry was on the Wii and a little over a decade ago. So it makes sense to try and remaster, or at least port, Prime 1-thru-3 on the Switch for $40 a piece and then eventually announce the actual release date of Prime 4.
With all the new fans brought up to speed, and the classic fans refreshed on controls and story; Prime 4 would be set for full release.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I mean, it's more that Dread was formally canceled and then resurrected 15 years later as a different project. Maybe we can look forward to seeing Metroid Prime 4 release in 2031. :eyes:
Can’t wait!

Honestly though I feel like they were testing the waters with dread and prime remastered. If we don’t hear anything about it tomorrow I’ll start to be concerned

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Can’t wait!

Honestly though I feel like they were testing the waters with dread and prime remastered. If we don’t hear anything about it tomorrow I’ll start to be concerned
It'd be some pretty redundant testing the waters. "Man, will people like this entry we announced six years ago that everyone was really excited for before we went full radio silent? Boy I wonder."

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It'd be some pretty redundant testing the waters. "Man, will people like this entry from one of our most popular franchises we haven't abandoned yet? Boy I wonder."
Metroid has a pretty cult following. I don’t think they thought anyone cared about it tbh. It doesn’t really sell that well especially in Japan.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Metroid has a pretty cult following. I don’t think they thought anyone cared about it tbh. It doesn’t really sell that well especially in Japan.
I don't know if I'd consider it "cult" based on their sales figures. That'd be like saying that Zelda has a cult following. That being said, Nintendo losing braincells around Metroid has been pretty consistent. The only real reason we got Metroid Prime is because Miyamoto didn't create it and had it pawned off to American developers.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't know if I'd consider it "cult" based on their sales figures. That'd be like saying that Zelda has a cult following. That being said, Nintendo losing braincells around Metroid has been pretty consistent. The only real reason we got Metroid Prime is because Miyamoto didn't "get" Metroid and had it pawned off to American developers.
Dread sold 3 million and Tears of the Kingdom sold 10 million in its first 3 days so I don’t understand that comparison

This is derailing the thread though I feel so I’m just gonna leave it at that. I do agree that Nintendo doesn’t seem to understand Metroid at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom