• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I mean, it's more that Dread was formally canceled and then resurrected 15 years later as a different project. Maybe we can look forward to seeing Metroid Prime 4 release in 2031. :eyes:
So once you’re proven just as wrong as you very clearly are right now, to what extent of ridicule are you willing to put up with?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Hopefully Prime 4 does finally get some announcement of sorts. Swapping back to Retro Studios, reworking the entire game narrative and scrapping the OG build that the other studio had made has to be tough when Covid slowed production.

I mean, look at Halo Infinite and see how Covid stalled production for that game. Released in a visually-polished Alpha build and now it is been updated after a year and a half to be a proper Beta standard. Best not to rush development.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I really enjoyed this Direct, but I think your mileage will vary depending on how much of a Mario fan you are.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Super Mario RPG, the new Peach game, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Mario Kart DLC all interest me. Really happy to see Peach and Luigi get more love, plus playable Daisy for the first time in a Mario platformer is hype.

I finally want to get more into Pikmin now that all 4 mainline games will be on Switch. That makes things way more convenient.

Detective Pikachu Returns and the Batman Arkham Trilogy were also highlights for me. I enjoy both series a lot, so it's great to have them on Switch.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This was quite the underwhelming presentation. New 2D Mario and Mario RPG were the highlights, the MGS collection announcement was great, apart from that… meh?

I was instantly worried when the first thing they had to show off was Pokemon, and doubly worried when they dedicated a segment to the next splatfest. They clearly had nothing to show and just wanted to spit out something to appease the fans.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I huffed too much copium so I was a tab bit disappointed that Metroid wasn’t in it at all.

Super Mario RPG remake, Dark Moon Remastered, Metal Gear Solid collection, and Pikmin 4 were my highlights. I don’t know how I feel about Wonder because that trailer made me uncomfortable for some reason.

Star Ocean 1 remake would be nice. Interesting that they went with 2, though I don't know anything about the series.
And Sonic is nice, too.

My take
Palia looks interesting
Super Mario RPG coming to switch! WOO HOO!
Silent Hope: Meh...
Metal Gear Vol. 1: up, up, down, down, Left, right, Left, right, B, A [start]
Zelda and Ganondorf TotK Amiibos: Okay, we knew this already.
Pikmin stuff: k
Everything else: Zzzzzz
EDIT: No offence to anyone else hype for the other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom