• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

MW7

I started a playthrough of the Switch remake of Link's Awakening on Sunday so I was surprised to see it come up today. A replay of Minish Cap is now next on my plate thanks to the news today. I missed Metroid Prime on the Gamecube so I probably will check that out too. Finally I'm glad to see Tears of the Kingdom is still releasing in May.

Certainly one of the best Directs we've had in a while!
Metroid Prime remaster, GB/GBC games coming to NSO, GBA games in the expansion pack making it actually worth it (in my eyes), Ghost Trick, FANTASY LIFE (IT'S BEEN 3000 YEARS), and of course, TotK! There's so much to unpack from that trailer, I can't wait to see people start dissecting it in great detail.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I'm really pleased with the nintendo direct, all the information we received was pretty great. I'm not a huge Pikmin fan but the game looks like a lot of fun. I'm really pleased with the GBA games being added to the expansion pass, I think that was a great move on their part.. I am hoping one day for a gamecube addition but I feel we will eventually get there. The price for Tears of the Kingdom is a little bit of a sticker shock but I'm still going to get it because I have major fomo.

Yeah idk how anyone who even has a passing interest in the Metroid franchise could look at this direct, watch Metroid Prime remaster get shadowdropped, and then go "that was a B tier Nintendo direct." New Layton, new Pikmin details; really good stuff.

No Pokemon DLC which was kind of weird; and Arlo said this in his video, but it is a little disappointing that we didn't get a full E3 2016-style reveal for ToTK, which is honestly what I was expecting from the second trailer release, but overall it was a fantastic direct.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
WHY DO THESE ALWAYS HAVE TO TAKE PLACE WHILE IM AT WORK???? :mad:

I'm super excited to finally see some direct gameplay footage! Supposedly there's a rumor that we will be getting news throughout the week, not just tomorrow, but only time will tell if that's true. Honestly I'm just happy to get something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom