• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Disappointing Game You've Ever Played

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
And then I tried out Mercenaries and hated it. Tuuuurrrriibl mapz. Going back to RE5.

This is the most important part of your post to me. I DEFINITELY agree - RE6 has some of the WORST maps in RE Mercs history. They're just...hnng wtf horrible. Like, who INSPIRED those maps, let alone created them? I thought Prison from RE5 was bad, just take ANY map from RE6 bar Creature Workshop and it completely overtakes Prison as a bad map. -.-

As for the rest of yo assessment, I respect it but also disagree. It was announced well before release that Resident Evil 6 was going to be the straw that broke classic RE's back - with the comments about it being "dramatic horror". Because of that, I say many fans have no REASON to be disappointed on the grounds that the game was a huge action flick. It's not like they made comments like "if XYZ doesn't beat OoT, there may not be anymore Zelda" with 6. :I

But yeah, I respect it and definitely see where you're coming from. Before I atcually played the game, I hated it for those exact reasons...but now I can only see it as the true evolution of Resident Evil.

Dan

I still haven't really changed my opinion. Skyward Sword wasn't THAT bad. It's just not as good as you expected it to be. Since it's a Zelda game, you expected very highly of it, and it wasn't as great as you thought it would be, so everybody calls it flat out bad.

It's worse for us, we have to keep hearing day in and day out how badly skyward sword sucks, it's rather sad really like a dog that needs putting down because it jump into an electric generator. Anyway another game I am most disappointed with is

I can think of many minor disappointments but not really any big ones. I rarely make blind purchases and usually roughly know what to expect from a game. If a sequel to a good game is going to be a total trainwreck (DX: Invisible War, Fallout 3, OFP: Dragon Rising, Oblivion) you can usually see it from a mile away and lower your expectations or just avoid it. I guess if I'd have to mention one game, it would be KOTOR 2. It was better than the first one for sure, and it was pretty close to what I expected it to be (the ending included), but the only thing it did well was the writing, and even that became kind of jarring at some point. Even though I love MCA, he does have some mannerisms that become sort of irritating. For example, does anyone really say "it is of no consequence" instead of "it doesn't matter", even in the Star Wars universe? Well, the characters in KOTOR2 do, so many times that it's impossible to not notice it. Then there's the echo thing that also gets repeated way too much and also some other things I can't remember right now. The writing is still good overall, but there are just way too many other things that drag the game down. In many ways it's actually worse than the first KOTOR, including level design (boring grey corridors that go on forever), combat (it's almost impossible to die), pacing (the tutorial takes like five hours and there's way too much boring combat in most areas) and the pointless jumping from one character to another. And even though I knew that the ending was rushed, I didn't expect the game to leave every single plot thread hanging in the air. That's a pretty bad flaw when the story is the only reason to play the entire game in the first place because everything else is so broken.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
First game to come to mind is New Super Mario Bros. 2. A good game indeed, but geez did it get boring fast. I thought that million coin goal would be an admirable feature. The single most drawn out game I have ever played.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts. After waiting at least 7 years for a true third game in the series, the only thing that came was this abomination that changed everything completely for the worst. The whole time playing I was just waiting for at least one good moment, but that never came. The only good thing I can remember about it was the soundtrack. It could have been a good game in general I suppose, but it's just not Banjo.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I am going to be be completely honest here and say The Minish Cap. I got that game and went "Yay! Zelda!" but half way through the game I got bored. I don't even remember much from the game. Nothing about it was memorable to me except the hat thing (I don't even remember it's name). I didn't even beat it. I got to the final boss and quit. I don't even have any motivation to play it again and get a second opinion.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
If I were that kind of person, I would probably yell out how much I hate you because you said you dislike one of my favorite games…

But I'm going to remain kind and say that people are allowed to be disappointed in whatever they want.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I was really disappointed with Call of Duty Black Ops since I realized that I had spent $70 on the same game I've been playing for the past year, in fact every Call of Duty game ever since Modern Warfare 2 has been equally as disappointing.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Section 8.
The trailers made it look like a great game, looked a bit haloish.
Section 8 Trailer - YouTube

What I got was so dissapointing that I sold it the second day of owning it. There was no real storyline and the campaign was just preparation for multiplayer. I don't need to play another shooter online. I have halo, and other far superior games of that genre.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
If I were that kind of person, I would probably yell out how much I hate you because you said you dislike one of my favorite games…

But I'm going to remain kind and say that people are allowed to be disappointed in whatever they want.

Wait, who was that directed to?

videogamenerd10

Indigo Child
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n Bolts. After waiting at least 7 years for a true third game in the series, the only thing that came was this abomination that changed everything completely for the worst. The whole time playing I was just waiting for at least one good moment, but that never came. The only good thing I can remember about it was the soundtrack. It could have been a good game in general I suppose, but it's just not Banjo.

omg tell me about it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most disappointing game I've ever played is Star Fox Adventures. I don't wanna go into detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom