• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hunger Games Trilogy

I actually heard about the movie while listening Taylor Swift's new song "Safe and Sound", which plays during the movie, on Youtube. I then heard it was based off a book series when I mentioned to my friend that I was excited to see it and he told me about the books.

I hate fiction books so I'll probably never read them, but he said they were good. Him and I are going to see it when it comes out so I'm hoping for the best!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I have yet to read it, but I've heard so much about it that I probably will soon. From what I've seen, it looks fantastic! :D

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
K so, I read the whole series last week. The first book was amazing, as was the second, and Mockingjay...

Mockingjay wins the award for worst ending ever.

Not satisfied. At all. -____- I didn't like Katniss in it. And I didn't like how

they killed off basically EVERYBODY that you loved. Some of the deaths were totally unnecessary :'(

My favorite characters were probably Finnick (sugar cube? :3) annd Prim. Peeta was cute, too.
I don't like Gale. He's cardboard.
But overall it's an amazing series and I really, really, need to see the movie :P

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
K so, I read the whole series last week. The first book was amazing, as was the second, and Mockingjay...

Mockingjay wins the award for worst ending ever.

Not satisfied. At all. -____- I didn't like Katniss in it. And I didn't like how

they killed off basically EVERYBODY that you loved. Some of the deaths were totally unnecessary :'(

My favorite characters were probably Finnick (sugar cube? :3) annd Prim. Peeta was cute, too.
I don't like Gale. He's cardboard.
But overall it's an amazing series and I really, really, need to see the movie :P

Yeah, I liked how she ended up with
Peeta
though. It was pretty cute. The way they killed off
Prim
was WAAYYYY too depressing.

Anyways, yes, the movie had only one minor detail flaw that I could see. Other wise, it was pretty spot on. That's my opinion to say the least. You'd have to see it for yourself to be the judge.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I JUST SAW THE MOVIE
AAGSJFGAKHJLOHGUIHJKSL:GHKSJO:HGKSJLAD:JHGjhlka;dghskfjladhahdgshfahggadjknsgbfhj
tumblr_m1f4kq2myH1r2s9np.gif

IT WAS SO PERFECT
IN EVERY WAY
can i just say i loved seneca's beard c:
tumblr_m1f4s9gmzb1r2s9np.gif

DIED WHEN RUE DIED
AND THE CHARIOT RIDE
AND EVERYTHING
tumblr_m1f4pmrdnK1r2s9np.gif

final note:
tumblr_m1f50qWv8j1r2s9np.gif

tumblr_m1f53dzih91r2s9np.gif

Attachments

• seneca.jpg
    seneca.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I have to say that for the most part, I was very impressed with how well the movie adhered to the book.

This is of course, with a few exceptions, most prominently the backstory of the mockingjay pin as has already been mentioned. Aside from that, they toned down the Cato carnage in the finale, but I actually appreciated that since it was my least favorite part of the book.

They also took out the bread that District 11 sent Katniss on account of Rue, and they changed the time of their rebellion, because it was supposed to happen in Catching Fire after
she gave her speech in the victory tours, which it now seems like they're planning to omit. I really liked the way it had happened in the book, because when she gave her speech, District 11 had collectively responded with the three fingers all on their own accord, bewildering even Katniss herself who had not been expecting such a response; in the movie I felt as though they'd forced it by having Katniss initiate the rebellion herself from her signal in the arena. Plus, the fact that they included the rebellion this early seems to imply that they're not going to bother with Katniss's speech in District 11 when Catching Fire comes out, and I think that's a rather important scene for them to be skipping.
Also, it might just be me, but the thing that bothered me most was President Snow. For some reason I pictured him to be...rather bald and evil-looking. Instead, I couldn't shake the impression of him looking like the fuzzy-warm grandpa-type, the kind that says inspiring quotes and gives happy family hugs when someone is in need of cheering up, and that really set me off the entire movie. I think he needs to send off more terrifying vibes, but that might just be me.

Aside from that, they took out the sweet sleeping syrup Katniss used on Peeta in the cave, and they also skipped over what I thought was a fairly important scene at the end, when Katniss confesses that she'd been acting in love with Peeta to play to the cameras, and Peeta feels betrayed. They also made Katniss's interview appear a little better than it was supposed to be in the book, because originally she had spun around giggling and falling over herself, looking silly, frivolous, and simple-minded. Also, I had imagined that when she spun around, it wasn't just the bottom of her dress that appeared to catch fire....but now I'm getting into really minor details.

Honestly I'm just nitpicking here because on the whole, the things that impressed me largely outweighed the things that didn't, and I have to congratulate them for a movie well done. All too often the movie adaption of a book makes a train-wreck of the original story, and it's nice to see that this isn't the case here, so congrats to them on a job well done.

::EDIT::

can i just say i loved seneca's beard c:
tumblr_m1f4s9gmzb1r2s9np.gif

This is very addicting to stare at....

Last edited:
I'll probably check it out. In getting paid to go watch it in fact. But i'm a bit turned off with how similar it seems to a few other movies i like; it seems American writers are stealing a lot of their ideas from other people (in this case probably by sheer accident). Check out the RUnning Man and Battle Royale - Battle Royale has been HUGE is Japan for YEARS so, yea. Hard to imagine someone just missing that but the writer isn't exactly living in Japan either so it indeed could happen.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've read them. It's an overwhelmingly great series, although the third book was a bit boring in the beginning. I'm just a little bit irritated of how people watch the movie then they're like "Geez, that was a great movie, I'm gonna go buy the book. It's a good thing, of course, but I think people should have more respect for the book that the movie. Which mean they should've read the book and because the read the book ( and supposedly liked it) they went and watched the movie, instead of the other way around.

The movie was awesome and before i saw the movie i read the whole triliogy!! The book of course is better then the movie but it was good anyways. :) The Hunger Games Rules!!!!!!!!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom