• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Confession Thread *SERIOUS REPLIES*

You are doing all you can, whatever happens it isn't your fault. I spent my entire childhood putting the mental health of my mother on my back, I found her post-suicide attempts many times, including coming home from school and walking into a kitchen covered in blood. I was lucky she was never successful, but she came very close. It's hard, but you can't 'save' anyone. Be there for them, be someone they can talk to, do what you can to be their support and help but please don't put their wellbeing solely on yourself because that just makes two people who are depressed.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
You are doing all you can, whatever happens it isn't your fault. I spent my entire childhood putting the mental health of my mother on my back, I found her post-suicide attempts many times, including coming home from school and walking into a kitchen covered in blood. I was lucky she was never successful, but she came very close. It's hard, but you can't 'save' anyone. Be there for them, be someone they can talk to, do what you can to be their support and help but please don't put their well being solely on yourself because that just makes two people who are depressed.

Thanks Seth. ALIT said something pretty similar in a few ways. And yes I completely know what you mean by not making myself depressed. As a matter of fact, I'm a very positive person on a regular and I often try to make my her laugh or smile, sometimes it actually works, but of course it doesn't always work. I just don't want to see anything bad happen to her, or any of the rest of her family. I wish at times, I could play hero.

"I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I can't imagine what losing a loved one to suicide mist feel like. It's extremely sad when you think about the person who took their own life as well; to finally give in and commit the act must have been a last depressing decision in a cruel world.

You're doing the right thing by trying to comfort your friend even if you can't relate to their situation entirely and don't know the inner workings of their family. It's important for someone to be there for them so they don't cave into sadness and frustration. I hope your friend is able to recover soon. The memories will haunt them forever, but at least they can make the most of their own life." -A Link in Time

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. This is a situation that I can relate to as well. I'm glad that you did what you could to help your friend through this, and hope that your she will be able to get over her loss without resorting to the same fate as her mother. You have my sympathy, and I will be praying for you and her.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'll confess something.

Confession in the spoiler.

I'm a suicidal person, so I'm a person who self harms a lot, to cope myself from actually committing suicide. Even though I'm recovering from self harm (I'm almost 1 month clean! I'm trying to break my record for being clean for 1 month), there's so much things that could push me back in to the road of self harm. I still actually keep the blade that I'm using to hurt myself. I've been suicidal since I was really young, when I started getting bullied by some kids when I started kindergarten. And I'm... kinda all alone now, in my life.

I've had a few suicide attempts. But I'm okay, for now.

I'm all in the road of recovery. I'm trying to cope into something better than self harming, like doing poetry and art.

Last edited:

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I hope you are able to cope with this other than suicidal actions. Bullies are no fun. :( You're never alone, remember this. Jesus loves you, and I'm sure that there are many others on this Earth that appreciate you, including those on ZD that see you for the unique person you are. And suicide would only harm those around you who love you and enjoy your company.

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
I'm a suicidal person, so I'm a person who self harms a lot, to cope myself from actually committing suicide. Even though I'm recovering from self harm (I'm almost 1 month clean! I'm trying to break my record for being clean for 1 month), there's so much things that could push me back in to the road of self harm. I still actually keep the blade that I'm using to hurt myself. I've been suicidal since I was really young, when I started getting bullied by some kids when I started kindergarten. And I'm... kinda all alone now, in my life.

I've had a few suicide attempts. But I'm okay, for now.

I'm all in the road of recovery. I'm trying to cope into something better than self harming, like doing poetry and art.

Congratulations, though!! One month, that is awesomeeeee. Getting off something like that, it takes real determination and courage.... Here's to many more months!

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I know a friend has a crush on me and I know I don't feel the same way but I haven't out and told her.

Water is wet.

I know it's hard to understand but this is a serious issue I'm actually struggling with so be nice pls. It may not be suicide or depression but it's still a struggle, and a hard one for me, trying to cope with the aftermath of being alone too long, turning into a mess when nobody talks to me, hating myself for seeing my attention hogging as selfishness and greed.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I know it's hard to understand but this is a serious issue I'm actually struggling with so be nice pls. It may not be suicide or depression but it's still a struggle, and a hard one for me, trying to cope with the aftermath of being alone too long, turning into a mess when nobody talks to me, hating myself for seeing my attention hogging as selfishness and greed.

I assumed you weren't taking the thread seriously. Wouldn't be the first time someone did that.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I assumed you weren't taking the thread seriously. Wouldn't be the first time someone did that.
I guess so. Maybe I should have been more clear. I don't even know if it was a confession since everybody really already knew, but I guess just saying it will help me come to accept it.

Dan

Yeah we have all known for quite some time. Furthermore giving such reasons as "I've been alone for so long" doesn't give you any right to do your misdeeds. I know plenty of people that are alone and they still remain affectionate lovely kind-hearted people. If no one wants to talk to you then that's up to them, who are you to try and force someone against their will because you want them to speak to you?
I suggest you don't take it the wrong way when you aren't getting attention, go and do something productive instead.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I am really afraid of spiders. It's something I don't talk much about and I try to act "manly" when the topic of spiders is ever brought up, but they freak me the **** out like you don't even know. If evolution had given spiders wings, I would kill myself as soon as possible.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am really afraid of spiders. It's something I don't talk much about and I try to act "manly" when the topic of spiders is ever brought up, but they freak me the **** out like you don't even know. If evolution had given spiders wings, I would kill myself as soon as possible.

Dude, I feel you 100%. Spiders are my number 1 worst fear, and to be honest, I don't even know why. They're the only things that I see frequently that I am genuinely afraid of, and I actually refuse to kill them simply because I don't want to have to get too close to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom