• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Box Art...

Does this confirm the master sword is the skyward sword because links holding it skyward or has that already been confirmed... lol I think a remember reading somewhere that it is.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Does this confirm the master sword is the skyward sword because links holding it skyward or has that already been confirmed... lol I think a remember reading somewhere that it is.

I guess you could say it has been confirmed. At one point, Miyamoto (I think) said that the Skyward Sword eventually becomes the Master Sword. It sounded like a huge spoiler at the time, so maybe he didn't mean to say it. Still, this was back around E3 2010.

Last edited:
The first thing I noticed about it was that the golden diamond thing centered in its wings looked different its Twilight Princess counterpart, which was actually what I was thinking it would look like. But then again, every representation of the Master Sword is slightly different anyway.

Skyward-Sword-BoxjpgJPEGImage975x1368pixels2011-08-3115-24-49.png
928519_20060509_screen001jpgJPEGImage1024x894pixels2011-08-3115-25-57.png
Master_Sword_The_Wind_Waker.png

As of how it looks, it seems like it has been modelled after the Master Sword from the original Ocarina of Time. It's almost propotionally correct when compared (the Skyward Sword version having a shorter blade), and very many of the finer details matches.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As of how it looks, it seems like it has been modelled after the Master Sword from the original Ocarina of Time. It's almost propotionally correct when compared (the Skyward Sword version having a shorter blade), and very many of the finer details matches.

No, it's TP's design. OoT's didn't have the criss-cross pattern on the hilt. And it was shorter.

No, it's TP's design. OoT's didn't have the criss-cross pattern on the hilt. And it was shorter.
I was talking about the master sword from the OoT concept art, not the one in the actual game.

Ah, well, it seems like I was using the picture in the quoted post as reference for the TP sword. That's wrong, since it actually turns out that the pictured sword I was using as reference is the one from the Wind Waker. Still, the gem (which was what the original post concerned in the first place) looks more like the OoT version than the TP version.

Conclusion: Both the swords from TP and SS has been initially modelled after the sword from OoT, and developed from there on.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I think it more closely resembles the TP Master Sword design.

3582linkjpgJPEGImage600x450pixels2011-08-3117-05-04.png
Link_Artwork_2_Ocarina_of_TimepngPNGImage1070x1472pixels-Scaled472011-08-3117-16-28.png

As you can see, the golden diamond seems to be more like a triangle. Also, the wing-shaped cross guard comes out of the big... circular thing. Also notice how the grip is the same color as the rest of the hilt.

The wings of this sword look like they're coming out of the diamond instead of the circular thing. Also, the purple-blue color of the grip is now complemented with green, like Twilight Princess's.

:sword: :)

I think it more closely resembles the TP Master Sword design.

3582linkjpgJPEGImage600x450pixels2011-08-3117-05-04.png
Link_Artwork_2_Ocarina_of_TimepngPNGImage1070x1472pixels-Scaled472011-08-3117-16-28.png

As you can see, the golden diamond seems to be more like a triangle. Also, the wing-shaped cross guard comes out of the big... circular thing. Also notice how the grip is the same color as the rest of the hilt.

The wings of this sword look like they're coming out of the diamond instead of the circular thing. Also, the purple-blue color of the grip is now complemented with green, like Twilight Princess's.

:sword: :)

I'll link to the exact model I was talking about:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=31&pid=1091#top_display_media

This model was developed into the sword from TP, but many of the finer details added in the TP sword was removed in the sword shown at the SS box art. This sugests that they went back to the OoT model and developed it into the SS sword, while including some bits and pieces that "worked" (artistically speaking) from the TP model.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'll link to the exact model I was talking about:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=31&pid=1091#top_display_media

This model was developed into the sword from TP, but many of the finer details added in the TP sword was removed in the sword shown at the SS box art. This sugests that they went back to the OoT model and developed it into the SS sword, while including some bits and pieces that "worked" (artistically speaking) from the TP model.

Well, that makes sense! :) They used both models to develop it into one sword. I was just saying that it looks more like TP's model than OoT's, but it obviously has traits from the both of them. ^_^

Last edited:
i don't think the cover for the limited edition is the cover for the standard version. the reason i think this is because on nintendo's website when you click on the skyward sword logo it goes to the skyward sword page. but on that page there is no box art and the page has been updated. it has all of the information about the bundle on the bottom of the page and has a picture of the golden wii remote. but it doesn't have any box art which is strange since they have already shown the box art unless the box art shown is only for the limited one. then it would make sense that the rest of the page is updated but there's no box art. it really doesn't make any sense since everyone has already seen that box art.

i don't think the cover for the limited edition is the cover for the standard version. the reason i think this is because on nintendo's website when you click on the skyward sword logo it goes to the skyward sword page. but on that page there is no box art and the page has been updated. it has all of the information about the bundle on the bottom of the page and has a picture of the golden wii remote. but it doesn't have any box art which is strange since they have already shown the box art unless the box art shown is only for the limited one. then it would make sense that the rest of the page is updated but there's no box art. it really doesn't make any sense since everyone has already seen that box art.

I also initially questioned where the source for the "regular" europeian box art came from (the one using more or less the same art as the bundle/american version), but the details makes it likely that it's valid.

1. The picture is more zoomed out, so some details on the edges not shown on the confirmed NTSC version are present.
2. Previous Wii games released in Europe have had similarly formated box-art displays (I mean, the angle and propotions of the illustrated cover matches previous cover-art relevations).
3. The bundle package shown in the same article as the regular package mentioned has been proven to be correct ( http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/44482.html ).

And Nintendo don't nessecarely put up the cover art on the official consumer's website. The pictures of the cover-art revealed so far are from Nintendo's official pressroom websites.

***Update***
The official UK webpage now has miniature pictures of the packages for both the bundle and the regular (first-run) version, and both are as they appear in the newspost posted here at ZD some days ago.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/wii/the_legend_of_zelda_skyward_sword_18226.html

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

I've been thinking that same thing, as we've only seen it on the bundle box. It seems like something that would just be on that box, as well. We'll just have to see.

Last edited:
What Do You Think of Skyward Sword's Box Art

What do you think of the box art for Skyward Sword's box art? From what i I have seen of the box art it look real good.What do you think of the box art?

Last edited:

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Your Opinions on the Box Art

We've only recently seen what the Skyward Sword box art looks like. I personally think that it should be a bit more colorful. I know that being a Zelda game it has the right to be gold-colored, though I think Link's bird should have been shown as well. What are your thoughts on this?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!

I have no idea if this was pointed out already or not, but--

Zeldaaaa.jpg
Look familiar?!

That giant clock thing behind Zelda is the same one we deciphered for the limited edition boxart!!!

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Does anyone else think that pose Link is in for the North American boxart kind of looks somewhat like the pose of the Statue of Liberty?
Here:
250px-Skyward_Sword_US_Box_Art.jpg
statue-of-liberty-address.jpg

Looks like it to me. Is it just a coincidence or does it have some meaning to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom