• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Box Art...

Beeker

Wild Card
Does anyone else think that pose Link is in for the North American boxart kind of looks somewhat like the pose of the Statue of Liberty?
Here:
250px-Skyward_Sword_US_Box_Art.jpg
statue-of-liberty-address.jpg

Looks like it to me. Is it just a coincidence or does it have some meaning to it?
Haha, that's pretty interesting. XD

The pose that Link is in most likely has to do with him holding his sword "skyward", like in the game, so I think it is more of a coincidence.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that similarity before... XD

I don't think it's just because it's the North American version. From what I know, the limited edition boxart was available to Europe, Japan, and Australia also. The Japanese regular boxart also featured the same image of Link holding his sword skyward.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Second it, Nintendo wouldn't make everyones boxart a tribute or reference to an american icon...
It's was made by the French and they have their own. It's a symbol for them too. Not as publicly known of course.
There are two in Paris, one in the Garden of Luxembourg. And another on Swan Island near the Eiffel Tower. They were both made by the same man that made the one in New York. And the second one on Swan Island is a tribute to the American and French Revolutions and they symbolize the freedom of both nations. It's really a duel-French and American icon.
Just a little trivia for the day.
Yeah, I'm leaning on it being a coincidence. But it's still a neat comparison.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It's was made by the French and they have their own. It's a symbol for them too. Not as publicly known of course.
There are two in Paris, one in the Garden of Luxembourg. And another on Swan Island near the Eiffel Tower. They were both made by the same man that made the one in New York. And the second one on Swan Island is a tribute to the American and French Revolutions and they symbolize the freedom of both nations. It's really a duel-French and American icon.
Just a little trivia for the day.
Yeah, I'm leaning on it being a coincidence. But it's still a neat comparison.

I remembered that after I posted, my bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom