• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Antagonist

Who is the antagonist of SS?

• Ganondorf/Ganon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• Malladus

• Majora

• New villain

• More than one villain

• Total voters

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
The big questions for SS. Who is Link gonna lay the beatdown on at the end of the game? Could there be more than one villain? Will Ganon/dorf make an appearance? Will the bad guy be a villain we've seen before? Or will he/she/it be a new one? What do you guys think?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think that there will be a new villain. I think that I've seen and heard enough to come to the conclusion that there won't be a high probability of Ganon being in SS, nor any other villain in the past games.

well in a recent interview Aunuma was asked about Ganon he said no comment
this most likely means that ganon will be in the game, because if he wasn't they would feel free to say so.
how big of a role he will have is uncertain.
personally i think he won't be the main guy, considering this is before ocarina of time... with the information i have a theory:
Skyward sword will take place during the unification war (happy, ember?)
and Ganondorf will be fighting in it. since the gerudo (ecspecially male) have long life spans it is possible that he is old enough to be an antagonst, but i don't think so, he will most likely be a child

oh and by the way when i say Ganon or ganondorf i mean the same thing, just to clear up any confusion.

why are people so stuck on ganondorf from ocarina being in this game? by the time ocarina happens the master sword is considered a legendary blade. meaning its already old as dirt by the time the hero of the sheikas legends (which have been passed down for generations) gets a hold of it. ganondorf is not that old. unless there is some huge explanable plot twist for his appearance he should not be alive yet.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well according to the interview with Aunouma, he said that SS could come before OoT. In OoT Ganondorf cam so it's probably safe to say that he exsited in SS. Even though this is not confirmed, I still have to go with Ganondorf.

I don't see Ganon appearing in SS. OoT pretty clearly seems like his first appearance. I don't think we will see Malladus or Majora at all. Vaati would be interesting (and a possible connection for anyone who believes MC could go before OoT). I still voted for a new enemy, because I think that is what we will most likely see. If anything, I hope it is not Ganon.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I think there's a chance of Ganon appearing, but not Ganondorf. Think about it; in OoT Ganondorf didn't get the power to transform into Ganon until he got the Triforce of Power. So maybe Ganon was sealed in Triforce of Power, and maybe after the SS Link beat the crap Ganon the three Goddesses (or maybe just Din) sealed Ganon in the Triforce of Power. It's just a speculation, I mean I see some faults in it, but there's always faults in the Zelda time-line as well. There's also a good chance of it being a completely new villain since with the last two Zelda games there has been different villains that will probably never be used again.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
How about this idea Ganondorf's father and like he would be like ganondorf from Ocarina of Time but you beat him differently and he had more powers. Or not but we will see someone of the ganondorf family because of the Master Sword being created in this game I believe that is what they say.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
well in a recent interview Aunuma was asked about Ganon he said no comment
this most likely means that ganon will be in the game, because if he wasn't they would feel free to say so.
how big of a role he will have is uncertain.
personally i think he won't be the main guy, considering this is before ocarina of time... with the information i have a theory:
Skyward sword will take place during the unification war (happy, ember?)
and Ganondorf will be fighting in it. since the gerudo (ecspecially male) have long life spans it is possible that he is old enough to be an antagonst, but i don't think so, he will most likely be a child
I take it as indication that he will not be in the game. The reason they withhold information from us is to surprise us later. It would be more of a surprise for Ganon/dorf to not be in a new console game. But really it doesn't reveal any intent at all, so I wouldn't base any predictions off it.
I don't think Ganondorf would be fighting in the unification war because it would be less likely for the king of Hyrule to trust him in OoT.
Well according to the interview with Aunouma, he said that SS could come before OoT. In OoT Ganondorf cam so it's probably safe to say that he exsited in SS. Even though this is not confirmed, I still have to go with Ganondorf.
Hi Ninten*!
We don't know the time gap between the games. Since Prince Komali was in WW, would it be safe to say that he existed in OoT?

I still say definately not Ganon or Vaati, probably not Ganondorf or Malladus, most likely a new guy.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I voted Vaati and Ganondorf, but I would much rather see Vaati. Ganondorf is very unlikely at this point, but I think Nintendo can still come up with a way to put him in SS if they wanted to, like time travel. Besides, Ganondorf has been in all of the major Zelda games, so I can't really imagine him not being in SS in some form. It just wouldn't feel right, IMO. I never get tired of Ganondorf anyway. No one ever complains about Bowser appearing too often in Mario (to my knowledge), so I don't see a problem with Ganondorf.

I wouldn't mind a new villain as long as they put effort into him/her. I don't want them to pull another Bellum or Malladus. And I really don't want Dark Link to be the main antagonist. That just seems like it would be another lazy move by Nintendo, because he doesn't talk, and there's not really much you can do with his character. Besides, the whole "dark version of the hero" thing is just so cliche. I would rather him keep his role as a magical conjuration. Giving personality to Dark Link just doesn't feel right... It sounds like bad fanfic to me.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I hope that there will be a new exciting villain but my general hunch and expectancy of Nintendo tells me there might just be Gannon/Dorf.

Rofang

Person
I voted new villain, mostly because that's what I'd like to see, but Twilight Princess has made me paranoid that they'll sneak in Ganon even when it's not especially fitting. I'd be happy leaving OOT as his first chronological appearance, but if Nintendo is tempted enough, there's really nothing to stop them from handwaving him into earlier stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom