• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sword Art Online Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So GGO is a big part of this and the killer in GGO is in this as mafia or Serial killer.

GGO stands for Gun Gale Online and it's not at all exclusive to the Mafia or SK; it's the name of the world of the virtual game that we're all stuck in. Same with the original season of Sword Art Online. As stated in the Night scene, Johnny's character, Sinon, merely took a detour through ALO, another virtual world, to the base of operations, which I believe is GGO. Perhaps Gun Gale was Sinon's natural habitat, seeing as she was also carrying a sniper rifle in addition to her sword, and in a strange way ALO dulled her senses with its beauty. This in itself could suggest a Mafia ability that lures a person into a trap (if such a thing exists).

Despite not seeing the show [yet], none of this is difficult to deduce.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
GGO stands for Gun Gale Online and it's not at all exclusive to the Mafia or SK; it's the name of the world of the virtual game that we're all stuck in. Same with the original season of Sword Art Online. As stated in the Night scene, Johnny's character, Sinon, merely took a detour through ALO, another virtual world, to the base of operations, which I believe is GGO. Perhaps Gun Gale was Sinon's natural habitat, seeing as she was also carrying a sniper rifle in addition to her sword, and in a strange way ALO dulled her senses with its beauty. This in itself could suggest a Mafia ability that lures a person into a trap (if such a thing exists).

Despite not seeing the show [yet], none of this is difficult to deduce.
I think he meant the GGO characters/weapons, not the game itself.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So here are the "in defense of Pendio" posts:

That's like saying lets vote scarfed because he has been scum 3 games in a row
Not really much here. This was his only post in defense of him, and it brought up only one part. No alarms.

Definitely not going to lynch Pendio because he might be scum. He's a great player and a real asset for us if he's Town and the chances of him being scum is much less than him being Town. I'd rather not take the risk and lynch him down the line if a reason comes up.

That's unlike you @Sadia, I don't think you'd make that bold move if you were scum, but it is really uNusual.
YOU SEE THAT? THAT CAPITALIZED N IN "UNUSUAL"? RIGHT THERE?
The letter N is made up of 3 lines. Illuminati confirmed. Therefore, JC scum confirmed.

On a more serious note, I saw JC's logic in this at the time, and still do now. It was a bit of a jump for Sad, but it turned out well for us. But possibly could be worth looking at.

I don't think we have to decide right now and I'm not really a fan of picking off the less experienced players because that isn't really our objective. I just don't want to take a risk lynching a good player because they might be Mafia.

Things usually just play out on Day One and we usually end up with a lynch, so I don't think we need to make any hasty decisions just yet.
The second part I agree with whole-heartedly. The first part, too, I agree with. Seems a little cautious for Day One, but that's it.

Honestly the only thing that's really stopping me from voting for Saida right now is that I don't think Mafia would make that bold of a move on Day One, but it could easily be a double bluff. Sadia tries to act like a Townie by pushing hard for a Day One lynch whereas it's become quite common for Mafia to bandwagon on Day One.
Theorizing that Sad is scum, which we now know isn't the case. But we didn't at the time. Like the last one, could be taken differently depending on alignment. He never ended up voting for her, though.

I'm grasping at straws when I say this, but to me, Sadia is mildly suspicious.

Generally, my play-style also includes lynching on every day, otherwise, come day 2 we might have gained little to no information if we avoid lynching.

But, I don't like when people vote to kill when they provide not even a shred of evidence for scummy behavior. Mafia knows who's town, and can generally get away more with risky un-researched voting/rving.

Also, just a general question to you Sadia, why did you vote me day 1? You never actually made any attempt to make your RV on me funny or ironic like most everyone else did. Of course, it could be, and is probably, nothing.

Your only other post is asking if anybody knew anything about this game, that question is generally useless, of course people know about this game. Did you say this to divert attention and seem casual? It's a possibility.

Besides stirring up trouble, you haven't contributed much to this game. So for the time being (Yes, like I said, I do prefer a lynch to none at all).

Vote: Sadia

If you can provide counter-arguments. Or actually contribute and give us more realistic suggestions on scum targets, then I'll most definitely reconsider my vote.
On paragraph 3: deal with it. It's Day One. No need to have reasoning on Day 1. Also a reference to a prior vote on himself. He seems to be taking this a little too seriously for day one overall. I'd like to note that this vote stayed on her the rest of the day.

I'm aware. Regardless, people have made posts. And if anyone can draw out any thoughtful ideas from analyzing peoples posts, and checking for any suspicious/erratic behavior, then we can start from these and go. I however, would prefer not to settle today by RVSing, especially any noob hunting, or pro hunting, both of which are annoying, suspicious, and take the fun out of the game.
I haven't played with Poka in a while, so can someone remind me if his playstyle is usually this serious on Day One?

So not saying any of them are mafia, but I'd think that they're worth looking at. Looking at these posts, I'm slightly wary of Poka (though not by a lot) and I'm waiting for the bit on his playstyle before I go too deep into him.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Yesterday we got super lucky. We happened upon the GodFather, and only lost a minor towny. Last night we lost our Vig, which is, however, very unfortunate to us.

One thing I note, is that the only serious day one vote not accounted for (At least not including me) would be Mido. Although this doesn't completely clear him of all suspicion (we have to consider him initially voting for Scumbuddy Pendio thinking he was not going to be lynched, but stayed with the lynch to seem un-suspicious if/when Pendio flipped Mafia) It does at least reduce my worries, because Mido could have easily saved one of the few Mafia (let alone their leader) if he was Mafia himself and had the desire to.

I also would like to note that nobody else tried to put too much effort into stopping Pendio's death, which considering the balance, should have been fairly easy. This leads me to believe that people inactive day one could be Mafia who didn't notice Pendio's lynch.

Repentance acted a tad odd the last couple days. He repeatedly said Day one was useless, and just generally cluttered up any serious discussion, which ultimately was going on, and ultimately could have led to somewhere, no matter how trivial it was. His non-cooperation was more annoying then scummy to me, but I still think it's worth noting how his posts during the serious discussion served only to distract,

The one person openly against lynching Pendio specifically was JC; he consistently defended Pendio, and went on to accuse Sadia many times as well. Ultimately, he didn't end up voting to save Pendio. However, if he is Mafia he might not have wanted to draw too much attention by voting last minute against a town (Something that can easily get you lynched day two). For the time being JC is my main suspicion.

And as I love to vote:

Vote: Justac00lguy

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
EBWODP
I haven't played with Poka in a while, so can someone remind me if his playstyle is usually this serious on Day One?

So not saying any of them are mafia, but I'd think that they're worth looking at. Looking at these posts, I'm slightly wary of Poka (though not by a lot) and I'm waiting for the bit on his playstyle before I go too deep into him.

I know you want someone else, but I can guarantee that I'm always this serious, I really hate a stale game. And a stale game to me does include people seriously voting of the basis of an RV (and mass claiming, hahaha, that was a bad game).

Like I said in my post, I am mildly suspicious of JC. He accused Sadia, and defended JC. The fact that he didn't vote makes him more suspicious to me. The only reason anybody might see me as suspicious, is that the person I was voting for flipped town, If it would have been the other way around, I probably would be clear of most of your charges.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
It seems weird to me that the godfather was lynched on day 1 when it could have easily been averted with a simple Sadia vote near the end. I mean, I know it would look suspicious, but it's the godfather...why not try to come up with some halfway decent reason to vote for Sadia and do so to save your scum boss?

That makes me think the Mafiosi might not have been paying attention to day 1.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok big thing about the night scene was th lack of Mafia seemingly - well lack of a group to be specific. I have a feeling why, but it didn't exactly make to clear in the night scene so I'll hush. Anyway, can someone clarify the person who killed Johnny? That way we could have a better picture if they were SK or Mafia.

---

The one person openly against lynching Pendio specifically was JC
You're free to your opinion, but It's so easy to just say person A is scum because person B flipped scum etcetera. How many times does this actually happen and on Day One as well?

Onto your post though.

he consistently defended Pendio
"Consistently"? I just looked back and I only made one post that remotely even related to "defending" Pendio, and as far as I can see, the logic was perfectly normal. You're definitely exaggerating your post here which tells me your post isn't just a "time being" thing but that you want to lynch me. I'll explain later what my theory on all of this.

and went on to accuse Sadia many times as well.
Here we are again. "Accuse", where did I exactly accuse Saida of anything? I merely said that the logic of lynching someone because they've been scum in the past is bad. The only thing I actually said is that it was odd for Sadia to make that move because it is very unlike her, which it was. Looking back, was she right? Yeah but it was a very lucky vote and I'd have to be telepathic to actually know that in hindsight.

Ultimately, he didn't end up voting to save Pendio. However, if he is Mafia he might not have wanted to draw too much attention by voting last minute against a town (Something that can easily get you lynched day two). For the time being JC is my main suspicion.
Let's look at this from Mafia's perspective shall we? Sadia randomly votes for Pendio, which isn't a big threat just yet, and Mafia probably don't care that much as me and a few others point out the logic of lynching Pendio is not sound. However, near the end of the day, Mafia basically let Pendio die which was extremely odd and something I've never seen before. I actually think it was an awful tactic because you can easily escape lynching a Townie early on if you can explain yourself (essentially lie), which is what being Mafia is all about.

The actual downside heavily outweighs the upside in my opinion. Maybe most of the Maifa were inactive during the final day or they had an ulterior motive and didn't want to risk saving Pendio by voting for Sadia because one scum was already voting for her. That's the only reason I can think of why Mafia didn't place the third vote on Sadia because having two scum on a bandwagon is reckless and incredibly risky on Day One.

Obviously we know that Pendio had already voted for Sadia so another vote from scum could have proved costly. Or Pokalink could also be scum, which would definitely explain why Mafia didn't want to place a third vote on Sadia.

---

Oh and Pokalink, I also find your vote highly contradictory since you basically used similar reasonings to me:

But, I don't like when people vote to kill when they provide not even a shred of evidence for scummy behavior. Mafia knows who's town, and can generally get away more with risky un-researched voting/rving.
Oh so your agreed with me yesterday but now your using the reasoning to actually vote for me?
especially any noob hunting, or pro hunting, both of which are annoying, suspicious, and take the fun out of the game.
You agreed with my point again?

So now we have figured out that you actually voted for Sadia who lynched scum and today you attempted to vote for me when you used points that I raised against Sadia's logic and used it to actually vote for her. Also look at the "other" reasons that Poka votes for Sadia:
Also, just a general question to you Sadia, why did you vote me day 1? You never actually made any attempt to make your RV on me funny or ironic like most everyone else did. Of course, it could be, and is probably, nothing.
PokaLink said:
Your only other post is asking if anybody knew anything about this game, that question is generally useless, of course people know about this game. Did you say this to divert attention and seem casual? It's a possibility.
PokaLink said:
Besides stirring up trouble, you haven't contributed much to this game. So for the time being (Yes, like I said, I do prefer a lynch to none at all).
So basically you voted for Sadia because of,

A: You agreed with what I said on Day One (which your now using against me conveniently)
B: Because she voted for you on Day One
C: Asking if anyone knows anything about the theme
And D She hasn't contributed much (she did actually contribute more than most yesterday so that doesn't make sense).

Now you could just be a Townie grasping at straws or Pendio's scum bud who tried to save him and the ultimately trying to frame me on Day Two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom