• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Survivor: Forums Apart

Do you like the idea of hidden immunity idols?

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Simple question, directed at both.

Why do you think you should win over the other person?
While I admittedly could have been more active in participating in the challenges I chalk that up to working 6-7 hours a week and 10+ hour days. Overall, I played the game fairly and with good integrity.

For example, I did not cheat in challenges like the Simon challenge. You ask why I should win over SMS, my answer is simply to look back at that ridiculously high score that he got. No way any person would be able to get that score through normal means. And while writing down the patterns isn't against the rules, it isn't how the game is intended to be played. Also, considering how fast he found his idol when Bok and I were very actively and rigorously looking for it ourselves, I have reason to suspect he just used the search function to find it quickly and easily.

As another example, when funnier asked me why I didnt skew the results of the challenge when bok was in my tribe in order to be able to vote him out, I told him that while valid, that strategy is really unfair.

Anyway, I believe that answers that question. I'm at work rn, so I cant say much more, but I will come back on later to talk about my strategies and plans for this game and how I ended up in the final 2.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
For example, I did not cheat in challenges like the Simon challenge. You ask why I should win over SMS, my answer is simply to look back at that ridiculously high score that he got. No way any person would be able to get that score through normal means. And while writing down the patterns isn't against the rules, it isn't how the game is intended to be played. Also, considering how fast he found his idol when Bok and I were very actively and rigorously looking for it ourselves, I have reason to suspect he just used the search function to find it quickly and easily.

As another example, when funnier asked me why I didnt skew the results of the challenge when bok was in my tribe in order to be able to vote him out, I told him that while valid, that strategy is really unfair.
Had I not done it, Funnier and his tribe would have won, he did the same thing as I did. And I say if someone else does it, than it's fair. And it wasn't cheating because there was nothing against the rules about it. It was adapting to overcome.

As for the hidden immunity idol, I found it fairly, but I'll admit, by accident. I happened to be looking through the Blog list and I found it on YIGA's Survivor Blog, the one about that dude who won the previous season or whatever. So while Bok and you were probably looking through his threads, I stumbled onto it.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
As for my strategy for the game, it was to lay low and only win when I had to. I also wanted to execute a good social game, and I think I did that. I had chats with every one of my tribe members to feel out where votes were tilting. When the merger occured, Minish asked to work with me, and she told me she was working with Doc. So I went along with it to gather info for myself. They didn't tell me they were working with Funnier also, but I suspected it anyway. And I was already talking to Tristan early on because we always were on the same tribes. So I really found myself in a good spot. Nobody even tried voting me out until Final 6, the double elimimation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

I was reading a book by Brandon Sanderson the other day and I stumbled across a quote that I find particularly relevant. The quote is "Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself."

How do you think this quote relates to your game? Do you think your means were justified? Was there anything you did that wasn't and if so why do you deserve to win if they weren't?
He even told me that if Bok won immunity, Bok wasn't going to take me to final 2.
Tristan doesn't speak for me. Only I do. Don't use what he said I would do as part of your argument.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was reading a book by Brandon Sanderson the other day and I stumbled across a quote that I find particularly relevant. The quote is "Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself."

How do you think this quote relates to your game? Do you think your means were justified? Was there anything you did that wasn't and if so why do you deserve to win if they weren't?
I do think the means by which I won are justified, I didn't do anything that other players didn't do. Like I said earlier, I adapted to overcome. It isn't like I lied to players or backstabbed to get to the end, I never made and deals I wasn't going to fufill, and the only real deal I ever made was with Tristan to work with him, and I told him I wouldn't backstab him, you'll all see that when the logs are revealed. I played an honest game.

With the Simon challenge I admitted I wrote the patterns to get a high score, but I was not the only person to do this. That challenge also happened to be for tribal immunity, so it wasn't selfish, it was for the whole tribe.

Something I should admit since the game is nearly over, and I can reveal this info now, I had access to the Jury Chat along with Minish when YIGA messed up and didn't see that I used my hidden immunity idol. The idol she gave to Bok was a fake, but I was explicitly told by YIGA not to reveal any of the info I learned in that chat to influence the game at that time. So I couldn't tell Bok that Minish's idol was a fake, but I did know it was.

Last edited:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not sure if either of you will see this question before it's time to vote, but incase you do and wanna answer...

What would you say was your biggest move in the game? The one thing that really set you up to be in the final 2 right now.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

One might say that my supposed betrayal of funnier would be considered unjust. But I still kept in touch with him because I remained skeptical of you when you told me I could trust you. So I acted as a double agent of sorts. You could say it was unjust, but hey, it got me here, and I think that is deserving of a win.

I would say, in general, my means were justified. I gave you points so you would be guaranteed to win the hidden advantage. I also gave SMS points that he didnt use so he could do the same thing in the next round. As a matter of fact, SMS was the only player I trusted through and through, and now look where we are. We are the last men standing. So whether or not my moves in this game were justified, I ended up in the final 2 with the only player I fully trusted all game, and as it happens, he seemingly trusted me just the same. He wanted to form an alliance with me right from the beginning, and I helped make sure he made it to the final 2. Yes, I tricked funnier, and yes, I felt bad about it. Bok, you told me from the get go that you had an idol, and then I would've felt even guiltier had I betrayed your trust after that. So you did not put me in an easy position. I hope everybody considers that in their vote, it was basically go with you or risk elimination at that point.

Not sure if either of you will see this question before it's time to vote, but incase you do and wanna answer...

What would you say was your biggest move in the game? The one thing that really set you up to be in the final 2 right now.
I think it was when I gave points to funnier, and then gave Bok enough points to overtake funnier in the auction. I knew bok would trust me after that, and I think that action definitely led me here, as Bok kept me in the game until the very end after it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Choosing to work with Bok rather than you and Doc. I set myself up in positions to be able to get alot of info in the game. When I found out Tristan was talking to Bok when the merger occurred I decided it was best to work with Bok because it became clear lines had been drawn at that point. Doc, Funnier, and you were a solid trio intent on getting Bok eliminated. And afterwards Tristan and I would have been next. You approached me during the merger, Minish, and told me you were working with Doc, and said you'd work with me, but I didn't buy it. I knew Doc had no intention to work with me when the double elimination was going to happen. I was split off from Bok and Tristan, I tried asking Doc if we were still good since him and you said you wanted to work with me, but I got no answer. I knew that if I didn't win immunity I was going to be eliminated. I didn't win it. My only backup was my hidden immunity idol, I used it to get to the final 4, and lost that backup insurance to get to the final 3 in case I didn't win the immunity idol. Preferably I wanted to make my hidden immunity idol last to the final 4. And my hunch was right, Doc voted for me.

So I ensured my position here by putting in the work to win the last 2 immunity idol challenges, rather than leaving my fate in the hands of others. That was my biggest move, well really a succession of moves, but they all were just as crucial. But the turning point for me was definitely working with Bok, which was something I didn't think I'd end up doing.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
FINALE

The votes are in

Tristan
Tristan
Tristan
Tristan

The Sole Survivor of Survivor: Forums Apart...

Tristan

Congratulations to you both, SMS and Tristan, for playing a great game of Survivor, along with all the rest of the competitors. I'm happy to say that this season was definitely better and more interesting than last season, this time with much more strategy and alliances and whatever. Being able to oversee the game was a pleasure, as it truly was interesting.

Be ready for Season 3 to be back and better than ever! Survivor: The Game Has Evolved, will happen around February of 2019!

Now, let me take a minute to find all of the thousands of messages and several hard to keep track of dms from Discord, and let's discuss!

Also, feedback is greatly appreciated, as I want each season to improve upon the last. And before you say it, I tried to make the first challenge interesting, but at the last minute I had to change the plans to something far easier and less interesting. Same thing with the idols.

Anyways, great job everyone, and I hope to see you around next time! I'll get the dms and tribe chats and stuff

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
https://discord.gg/fJQzcx3 (Jury chat)

Actually, oh ****... When the people left their groups all the stuff would be gone, and when they enter all the stuff would be invisible...

I'll show you what I have, but I guess all the recapping is left to the players

https://discord.gg/ruxea7Z (Chakotay tribe chat number 2)

https://discord.gg/VUvtv4F (Tuvok tribe chat number 2)

https://discord.gg/SK32ZcT (ALIT's Stuff)

https://discord.gg/SnEMSCH (OG Chakotay tribe)

https://discord.gg/cqqJPdQ (OG tuvok tribe)

That's all I can salvage

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I had fun playing guys. Glad I atleast made it as far as I did. Congrats Tristan!

Some feedback YIGA, I was hoping we'd have a Zelda themed comp, or even like a challenge to play a Zelda game. Like be the first to find X item in this game and snap a pic of your 3DS or TV with it displayed or whatever.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I had fun playing guys. Glad I atleast made it as far as I did. Congrats Tristan!

Some feedback YIGA, I was hoping we'd have a Zelda themed comp, or even like a challenge to play a Zelda game. Like be the first to find X item in this game and snap a pic of your 3DS or TV with it displayed or whatever.
I thought about that, but we were all over the map on if we had those games and the ability to take a pic or vid or whatever, so i ended up scrapping the idea.

Who knows, maybe next season.

Also I'd like to give a big thanks to my comod and creative advisor @Domozilla777 ! You rocked it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom