• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
1391882_127988860704838_914633885_n.jpg

The OP is looking fantastic. Had not realized all the descriptions and screenshots added recently.

Marth is one of those characters who's super strong if you know how to use him. I preferred Roy in Melee, but Marth's precision can be more potent than the burst of the other two FE warriors.

Marth's confirmation comes as no surprise, but Lucina would have been a better modern match. That said, it would be hilarious to see a Marth poser versus the real thing. Hopefully, both Chrom and Lucina make it into this version to make it three Fire Emblem brawlers for once.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
What a great week it's been.

Monday, 4th November
Wii_U_Daily_087.png

Pic of the day.
Is this a spaceship from Hocotate? No-this is a bomb SHAPED like a spaceship. After liftoff, it will drop down when you least expect it.
Second new item revealed, the first being the X-bomb. I imagine it working like the Warp Star, though without taking the user as passenger and the timing of the landing being random.

Tuesday, 5th November
Wii_U_Daily_088.png

Photo strip of the day.
Plant it, water it, and then timber! It's high maintenance but totally worth the effort! It needs tactics like never before.
High maintenance indeed, that looks like a process. I'm still wondering what this input is, presumably the down special move. Once to plant, again to water, and a final time to chop.

Wednesday, 6th November
Wii_U_Daily_089.png

Pic of the day.
Link's downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be removed if it's deemed too powerful overall after some multiplayer play tests.
Awesome buff, and I'd hate to not find this in the final game. Despite, it's good to hear about balance testing and whanot.

Thursday, 7th November
Wii_U_Daily_090.png

Pic of the day.
Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!
Marth is the 6th Veteran character revealed since E3, and I've lost all hope of pattern and prediction. We can only wait and see who shows up next.

Friday, 8th November
zlCfzRLm1b8NAo6VOg

Pic of the day.
We gave Marth a full makeover, giving him design elements from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and newer games.
I swear Sakurai is deliberately not showing alternative colour schemes, with two images this week being formatted in a strip that could have easily displayed them. Regardless, Marth sure is looking mighty. It makes the wait for increasing amounts of veteran character reveals the more desirable.

Last edited:
Any news on what other pokemon will appear in the game? I'm curious to see who will be in this one, if mega-evolution will be applied in any way, orrr *spoiler* if mewtwo will make a comeback since he was part of the pokemon x and y story.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Another great week of images.

Monday, 11th November
zlCfzRL4SxAj7k0lds

Here are the familiar capsules--these guys deserve a prize for being in every single game. We gave them a cute redesign by shortening their length a bit.
In the Developer Direct at E3 this year, the capsule was identical to that as seen in Brawl, where it looked more like a pill. Now they're more...chubby, or just short, rather. xP

Tuesday, 12th November
zlCfzRL9MH88bZr7t8

Marth's sword has a powerful tip! So we gave his sword slashes a sharp look with an emphasis on its edge.
What marvelous attention to detail. These new powerful graphical enhancements are going above and beyond.

Wednesday, 13th November
zlCfzRMBmjUc8FGmON

The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam.
Not a fishing rod. I can't imagine how lethargic this grab will be, or how pummels and throws will work in this state. I don't think this will be an aerial attack like Link and Samus have, for this net is obviously not a tether. This isn't unique, as in Brawl, not all ranged grabs can be used in the air, such as Olimar and Ivysaur, and in the case of Yoshi, have no tether at all. I can't wait to see more of this net in use.

Thursday, 14th November
zlCfzRMFuq8bwDCoB9

The characters' thick outlines are only available in the 3DS version. Only the external outline is thickened and won't appear in instances like when the hands or feet are overlapping. It's got a softness to it and is not just black.
Don't worry, Pikachu may be sitting, but it mustn't be the result a pratfall. They're not in the game. ;) 3DS outlines are looking great, even when up close.

Friday, 15th November
zlCfzRMJy3ooPr5IXd

A new stage, Mario Galaxy!! The pull of gravity emanates from the center of the planet, so this will require using brand-new tactics.

zlCfzRMJy9APSdORn5

Here's what happens when you stand by the edges. Vertical jumps and getting hit upward will shoot you up diagonally.
Beautiful. Some speculated a Super Mario Galaxy stage when this image was released some time ago. Spot on.

As a bonus, Sakurai commented on his own post with a second screenshot and explanation on how gravity takes role. Can't wait to try this stage out!

Additionally, these twelve 3DS screenshots were released this week. Good gift to those desiring more screens of the more neglected characters.

Fig

The Altruist
Pikachu looked quite adorable sitting down. Nonetheless, the 3DS version of the game looks impressive which each and every passing screenshot. Seeing that Super Mario Galaxy staged has entertained me today! That's probably the stage that I would play on the vast majority of the time with the inclusion of the new Battlefield and Final Destination stages. :>

Dan

That Galaxy stage just gave me an eyegasm :I
Oh and is it me or does mario's legs look a bit long in that screenshot... hope we don't have any "passionate" sonic fans here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom