• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Salem

SICK
If we can use the male Wii Fit trainer, does that mean we can use a female Villager as well?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If we can use the male Wii Fit trainer, does that mean we can use a female Villager as well?

I hope so. This alternative models business has a lot of potential to it, especially for the veterans. A Biker/Overalls Wario in Brawl made for a nice option of outfit change in addition to the large amount of colours available. Since this, the desire of Dr. Mario, Mr. L, Outset Toon Link, among others, is warranted, but this is something else entirely. Complete changes in model, instead of just clothing? How about Dry Bowser? An actual Dark Suit/Phazon Suit/Fusion Suit Samus? SS/OoT/ALBW Link? Dark Pit? This is all hypothetical and I'm salivating already.

Salem

SICK
I hope so. This alternative models business has a lot of potential to it, especially for the veterans. A Biker/Overalls Wario in Brawl made for a nice option of outfit change in addition to the large amount of colours available. Since this, the desire of Dr. Mario, Mr. L, Outset Toon Link, among others, is warranted, but this is something else entirely. Complete changes in model, instead of just clothing? How about Dry Bowser? An actual Dark Suit/Phazon Suit/Fusion Suit Samus? SS/OoT/ALBW Link? Dark Pit? This is all hypothetical and I'm salivating already.
STAHP! Too much awesome, probably won't even be in the game.:(

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I guess this is something I'll be doing from now on, to be more informing, and encourage more discussion.

Monday, 28th October
Wii_U_Daily_084.png

The graphical differences of the Spin Attacks are clear. The way they hit are actually very different too.
Glad to see more luigification, no matter how minor. The Spin Attacks were differing before, and now Sakurai is emphasising it to make it clear clones are a thing of the past.

Tuesday, 29th October
3_DS_Daily_018.png

Let's try out the obstacle course today!
A second 3DS screenshot of these two. The stage is looking cool, and I can't wait to see some gameplay footage of this portion.

Wednesday, 30th October
3_DS_Daily_019.png

Is it just me or do I smell something beastly...?
3DS screens are much more common now, aren't they? That's quite nice lighting for the 3DS Battlefield.

Thursday, 31st October
Wii_U_Daily_085.png

The trial version of Wii Fit U is available now! We'd like to share this pic to commemorate the occasion.
I do wonder how far alternative models will be taken in the game. I would go as far to say I expect a female Villager and Pokemon Trainer, in addition to this male Wii Fit Trainer. These characters are literally alternative to each other in their games. Clothing changes of a character, such as Outlet Link, are less likely, although prove to be of potential. I don't have true hopes of outrageous model changes like Dry Bowser, even though it would be hella sweet.

Or the male Wii Fit Trainer could be an assist trophy and this is an enormous tease. @_@

Friday, 1st October
Wii_U_Daily_086.png

Kid Icarus: Uprising is now available to download via eShop in Japan. By the way, we gave a makeover to Pit's pose when he's shooting his bow and arrow so it looks sharper. Do note that all images are still in development. This and past pics may be different from the finished product. Thanks for understanding.
What a surprise. Previous screenshots did indeed show Pit posing with his bow in the same fashion as Brawl, and I'm liking this change.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Glad to see more luigification, no matter how minor. The Spin Attacks were differing before, and now Sakurai is emphasising it to make it clear clones are a thing of the past.

I'm not expecting much, to be honest. I sure do HOPE that Toon Link will be Luigified, but I'm expecting a Wolf scenario at best -- which certainly isn't offensive... just not ideal.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm not expecting much, to be honest. I sure do HOPE that Toon Link will be Luigified, but I'm expecting a Wolf scenario at best -- which certainly isn't offensive... just not ideal.

I'd say a Wolf scenario is more than ideal. Special moves with variations and absolutely zero shared standard attacks? Sounds pretty good. I don't believe we'll get that far with Toon Link, and I agree into not expecting too much to change from what we have.

Morally, Toon Link is a luigified Young Link, and we got a bunch of new attacks on his side in Brawl, in addition to the bucketload of differences we already had in terms of knockback, hitboxes, speed, size, shape and weight, plus the new aesthetic changes such as different models for their items. Forward, back and neutral aerials, forward and back throws, and up smash are new attacks to name a few. I don't think he should have unique special moves and don't expect as many changes to standard attacks as we saw between Melee and Brawl, although perhaps he'll put a spin on old moves, like the stall-then-fall down aerial he did in Brawl and the Gale Boomerang Link gained.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Pic of the day. Marth joins the battle!! Once again, everyone will be overwhelmed by his magnificent sword skills!!

zlCfzRLiq2keGL0SJx

main.png

As always, we have 10 new screenshots on the Dojo up for display.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ah...good ol' Marth. Does this mean no Chrom and no Lucina? time will tell. still, Marth looks as feminine as ever ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom