• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

キラ

Yo!
I thought Greninja was a perfect choice for a character! He's my favorite starter from a Pokemon game since Charizard (and he's back too!)!

The Smash Bros site isn't yet updated though. Darn.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is my reaction to the Direct.

1391976374297.gif

Also, THAT SUBSTITUTE IS ADORABLY FUZZY!! X3

screen-5.jpg

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The Smash Bros site isn't yet updated though. Darn.
It was updated for... literally a few seconds after it the ND ended. I saw it. They had the new characters there in big bars across the screen reading "New Challenger Approaching". XD And then for some reason when I went to view Sheik's info and came back they were no longer there.

For whatever reason, I wasn't too excited for this game before. I've always been a Smash Bros. fan, but the updates this time around seemed minor. I'm glad Sakurai proved me wrong. That's right, JJ and K4K, I'll no longer call this game Brawl 2.0.

The best news for me is how well Sakurai is balancing the game competitively by toning down the OPs and buffing traditionally weaker fighters.

Props for separating character transformations too. I might be in the minority, but I love Zero Suit Sams and Sheik so it puts my mind at rest knowing they have fleshed out kits, and on the flip side of the separation, in Zelda's case, a new move.

As for the new character reveal, I'm surprised I hadn't thought of Greninja as a candidate before. Quick, rapid caster's have always been up my alley so I'm sure he'll be one of my favorites.

Oh yeah, I wanted to add a comment about online play. I like the approach to leader boards because there isn't a feasible way to group online skill with the variety of modes available. This at least provides a more standard measurement.

One thing I wanted more clarification on, however, was the types of matches we'd be able to play online with strangers. My memory from Brawl is fuzzy, but I believe only stock, time, and coin battles were allowed. Players should be able to experiment with crazy stuff with non-series like all mega and metal or super slow mode, etc.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
For whatever reason, I wasn't too excited for this game before. I've always been a Smash Bros. fan, but the updates this time around seemed minor. I'm glad Sakurai proved me wrong. That's right, JJ and K4K, I'll no longer call this game Brawl 2.0.

Don't worry, the daily updates didn't get outright exciting until around November/December. I wouldn't blame anybody for only get true hype until then, or now, even though it took me only the first trailer. :P

Props for separating character transformations too. I might be in the minority, but I love Zero Suit Sams and Sheik so it puts my mind at rest knowing they have fleshed out kits, and on the flip side of the separation, in Zelda's case, a new move.
Indeed, although for me, it's the inverse. I did always love Zero Suit Samus, but my skills as her pale to that of my Power Suit Samus, so if I was kicking butt in a match as Samus and a Smash Ball appeared, I had to either let me opponent get it and take the hit myself, or suffer an unwanted transformation. Liking this change, and the final number of characters will not longer have an asterisk relating to transformations.

As for the new character reveal, I'm surprised I hadn't thought of Greninja as a candidate before. Quick, rapid caster's have always been up my alley so I'm sure he'll be one of my favorites.
He was not a character I outright supported, but accept. If there was any Gen VI Pokemon playable, it was going to be Greninja.

One thing I wanted more clarification on, however, was the types of matches we'd be able to play online with strangers. My memory from Brawl is fuzzy, but I believe only stock, time, and coin battles were allowed. Players should be able to experiment with crazy stuff with non-series like all mega and metal or super slow mode, etc.
The only mode allowed with strangers was a two-minute free-for-all, and the item settings and stage was one persons selection chosen randomly. With friends, it was more open, but I don't recall since I almost never play it that way.

That reminds me. There's only 40 days remaining for Brawl's online, folks.

I do like how the "For Glory" tab on the menu shows my two main characters. Somebody's dropping hints. :bleh:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I am really looking forward to Smash Run. Funny. A couple of my friends were talking about Kirby Air ride a few hours before the reveal of Smash Run. I love the idea of it and am so ready for it

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
There's an absolute monster of stuff to talk about, not only with the Direct (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs), but the hundreds of screenshots of the Wii U and 3DS games being released to the press. This will take a while to cover.

I'll be posting the pic of the day in the same fashion I have been doing for a while, in the shoutbox as they happen daily and a recap every Friday in this thread. The exception, of course, with new characters. The reason I didn't post these newest characters right away this time? Well, let's just say, they were being discussed at length anyway because of the hype leading to the Direct (which was all about Smash), and they didn't need any more advertisement minutes afterwards, unlike an unexpected character which could be revealed in a random pic of the day and needs to be known. It's been long enough, so let's get going with those now.

Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Yoshi and Charizard were revealed to be returning characters. They each have eight Wii U screens and two 3DS screens on their pages. I will not talk about these particular pictures as I have with others due to the fact near-none are greatly notable to speak of, and their content is much better spoken with the footage in the Direct, which will be gotten to at a later time.

Greninja is a newcomer, and our sixth for this game. Our roster count now sits at 29.

main.png

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I like the split in online modes known as "For Fun" and "For Glory". As someone who plays Smash Bros competitively, For Glory is the way to go for online tournaments or friendlies who want to play at a competitive level. What concerns me is how Sakurai said that only Final Destination will the available in this mode. There are other stages that are great for competitive play like Battlefield, Smashville, and Dream Land. I wish there is some way to pick those stages in For Glory mode, since I know I would want to play on some more stages others than Final Destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom