• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Secret Anonymous Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 6

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Guys, one more thing that I want to say.

Some of the players that just voted for me have obviously been looking at my posts I wrote right after (of course you've seen it).
You're not answering because you know the reasoning of your vote is weak. You stick to it because it is convenient. What other option do you have at the moment?

But at the other side, what do you honestly game? From what I learned so far, this game has a dollhouse-like set-up (albeit a bit more extensive). So, most players have pretty much blanco roles. All you will see when I die is "townie". No info, no big role. Simply no big revelation.

Then you look back. Well, actually he didn't even say thát much day 1, so despite knowing that he is town, we didn't really gain anything... accept for just lowering the player count and having conveniently survived day 1. phew, that must be a relief! Good job! great scumhunter you!

even a no-lynch is better than to stoop this low. If you really have no target, at least it's better than to murder a townie for the sake of murdering someone. In most games I would disagree, because every role gives important information. But not in a dollhouse-like mafia game with only 3 pages. That won't even generate a discussion. In fact, it would even kill it more, because there will be less players around to keep it alive.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
My reason for voting was relatively simple: I didn't want a coin toss to dictate the lynch. If I voted for anyone else or didn't vote at all, that's what would have happened. I agreed with P9's reasoning that P6 FoSing without at least unvoting doesn't look good. Unfortunately, P6 not posting was detrimental to them. However, that's how this game is. Activity is a must if you want to stay alive and on top of things.

even a no-lynch is better than to stoop this low. If you really have no target, at least it's better than to murder a townie for the sake of murdering someone. In most games I would disagree, because every role gives important information. But not in a dollhouse-like mafia game with only 3 pages. That won't even generate a discussion. In fact, it would even kill it more, because there will be less players around to keep it alive.

I disagree with this. A no lynch would lead to a night where a vanilla dies and town gets no info. So another stagnant day happens. The only info we'll get in this game is if someone does a cop read or protects and it gives away the scum. That's still a big chance, meaning you could risk a few days of deaths with no information. A lynch will at least give some leads on where to start.

Player 6

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
My reason for voting was relatively simple: I didn't want a coin toss to dictate the lynch. If I voted for anyone else or didn't vote at all, that's what would have happened. I agreed with P9's reasoning that P6 FoSing without at least unvoting doesn't look good. Unfortunately, P6 not posting was detrimental to them. However, that's how this game is. Activity is a must if you want to stay alive and on top of things.

I disagree with this. A no lynch would lead to a night where a vanilla dies and town gets no info. So another stagnant day happens. The only info we'll get in this game is if someone does a cop read or protects and it gives away the scum. That's still a big chance, meaning you could risk a few days of deaths with no information. A lynch will at least give some leads on where to start.
That's ****ty reasoning and you know it. First of all would it have been a valid accusation at the time it happened, certainly not last minute before the deadline, that's just weak. And if we actually look at the argument, basically you're saying you are voting someone because he FOS'ed someone without removing an RVS vote? That's a laughable reason for trying to buss someone.

Player 6

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I'm not advocating a no-lynch, I'm saying this is even more stupid than that alternative. And I'm really not a supporter of no-lynches.
Yes, usually it gives pieces of information where you have little to go on. But again, what will my death provide you with? This game does not have sophisticated roles, you already know that. And we only have 2.5 pages to look back to. "we know that guy was town, so let's look at it in a new light! Oh... welll, actually nothing happened so far... so we can't really look back and find leads now that we know that P6 is town...". The sole thing you can win here is if I would be scum. But as I pointed out already, how likely is that? Such last-minute busses rarely bust scum anyway. If I were scum I would've paid more attention and I made sure I manipulated anyone from the start of this game into doing something that does not endanger me. Instead, a vulnerable players is getting lynched right now on the laugable argument that he FOS'd someone without first removing his RVS vote. The odds of hitting scum here are very low, it's like knowing you're lynching a townie. And, as I pointed out above, knowing that this will not provide the game with any other information either, all you did was just killing a townie for the sake of not getting killed yourself.

If you know you're almost certainly gonna lynch a townie and get no info from it, yes, in that case even a no-lynch would be better

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Day 1 Final Vote Tally~

Player 1
(1) - P3
Player 9 (2) - P6, P4
Player 6 (4) - P2, P9, P8, P7

With 9 alive, 5 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 1 will end Saturday, July 23, 10AM PST.

The first day was a slow one. Not much happened until the end, when one player pointed at Player 6, and decided that he was scum. Others quickly agreed, and Player 6 was down. But once he was dead, they realized they made a mistake, because it was clear that Player 6 had truly good intentions. He certainly wasn't one of the bad guys.

Player 6 was a Townie.

The Living (8)
  • Player 1
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5
  • Player 7
  • Player 8
  • Player 9
The Dead (1)
  • Player 6 - Townie (Lynched Day 1)

Night 1 Begins!

The night will end Sunday, July 24, 10PM PST (switching the deadlines to 10PM because I usually sleep past 10AM :oops:). If you receive a night action, you must use it by that time. Please do not post in the thread until the night is over.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, good morning folks! I'm sure you're dying to hear about what happened last night, and I will get to it in a moment, but first I want to congratulate you all for getting through the first day without completely losing your minds. You all get a piece of candy for your efforts. However, one piece of candy is poisoned. The candies have been randomly distributed to each one of you. How does candy work? Well, you may choose to eat your candy if you have votes on you. If you eat it, one vote will be permanently removed (for the day at least). However, if you choose to eat your candy and it turns out you were the unlucky fella with the poisoned candy, well, I shudder to think what might happen to you. One of you has the poisoned candy. It could be any one of you. If you wish to eat your candy, make sure it's the right decision. It could save your life, or end it!

Anyway, now that you have all received my glorious gift, I am saddened to tell you that Player 1 has not survived to see another day. Real shame, he was a good soul with a good heart. No time to mourn though, those bad guys are still out there! You'd best make your votes count today, as poor decision making could prove to be disastrous!

Player 1 was a Townie.

The Living (7)
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5
  • Player 7
  • Player 8
  • Player 9

The Dead (2)
  • Player 6 - Townie (Lynched Day 1)
  • Player 1 - Townie (Killed Night 1)

Day 2 Begins

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 2 will end Wednesday July 27 at 10PM PST.

Player 3

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Player 8 and 7 coming at the end of that wagon look suspicious to me. Player 7 admitting it looked bad and then doing it anyway... That's weird. Don't like it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two was scum.

Player 7

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Player 8 and 7 coming at the end of that wagon look suspicious to me. Player 7 admitting it looked bad and then doing it anyway... That's weird. Don't like it at all. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those two was scum.
I figured that looking bad doesn't matter, as long as Player 6 turned up scum.
...But then he ended up town, so now I'm in a bit of a pickle. :/

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Loving the activity guys, keep it up! :D

Anybody who doesn't post at least twice by deadline will be replaced without exception, just so y'all know!

Also, no extensions will be granted for this day because of the inactivity, thanks for reading :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
But for real though, there have been... actually there's been one post since the day started 18 goddamn hours ago. Seriously people, I wasn't expecting you all to be extremely active, because of the alternate account thing, but this is ridiculous.

EDIT: 2 posts since day started, my bad. Doesn't make a difference though.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I stated my reasoning for voting P6 earlier. They left a vote on P9 and didn't return to the thread til after the deadline. I'm not sympathetic towards them because they complained about how they were about to unvote, but there was plenty of time the day before. I didn't want the lynch to be left up to chance (votes on P6 and P9) so I decided to even the odds. P9 felt more productive and I think they'll be more likely to help us finish this game easier.

That being said, P7's vote felt very needless. It was thrown on very late (2 minutes after the deadline, but close enough that it may as well have counted) with no real reasoning behind it. Had I not voted, I very much doubt P7 would have voted.

Vote: Player 7

Player 7

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Vote: Player 8

@Tristan can i like, Roleclaim? is that allowed? because otherwise my vote's going to be much less explainable

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
@Player 3
Has your opinion of P 7 and 8 changed at all with them voting each other? Do you think they could both be scum?

I'm interested to hear more P8 before I hypothesize into a vacuum, but I'm not sure where I currently stand on P7 and 8. That is to say, my opinion is yet to be formulated meaning I'm at a loss for questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom