• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Secret Anonymous Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Claiming an investigation so early is a crapshoot if they were scum. Its pretty much guaranteed we'd have the standard roles in this game (cop, doc, RB, etc) so with an early cop claim for night 1, and the fact that P7 targeted me and said I was town has me thinking they're town. Doesn't make sense for scum to do this so early in the day (or before everyone else posted) and to try to buddy with a townie when it could so easily back-fire, and after only 1 vote on them. I'm not 100% sold they're town, but leaning that way currently, enough so that I can feel confident looking elsewhere today.

Sounds reasonable, but again, I'm wary that they could just as easily be scum. Tristan said the PRs change daily, so it's not like someone is permanently a cop. It's a 1/8 chance (maybe closer to 1/4 since I doubt there's only one mafia in this game) that the scum team got the role last night. As such, I don't see an investigation as 100% confirming their alignment or yours. They could be scum lying or telling the truth, and trying to play to town favor in either scenario.

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I just realized, after P8 posted their post above, that its only investigation and protection abilities available to us... So are the Mafia vanilla, or do they also have a chance to get the cycling abilities, and if so, they don't need a protection ability and what would their investigation uncover? The person's true account?
@Player 8 how did you come up with Mafia also being privy to investigative and protective abilities (or at least, the investigative) that are afforded to a player each night? I'd have assumed Mafia have a goon and gf.

Player 2

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Playing risky early on allows scum to slip within the town ranks as the game progresses. I wouldn't put it past scum to do this in a game where everyone's identity is unknown.
So being on the end of a bandwagon against a Townie allows scum to slip into Townie ranks?
Claiming an investigation so early is a crapshoot if they were scum. Its pretty much guaranteed we'd have the standard roles in this game (cop, doc, RB, etc) so with an early cop claim for night 1, and the fact that P7 targeted me and said I was town has me thinking they're town. Doesn't make sense for scum to do this so early in the day (or before everyone else posted) and to try to buddy with a townie when it could so easily back-fire, and after only 1 vote on them. I'm not 100% sold they're town, but leaning that way currently, enough so that I can feel confident looking elsewhere today.
Well it's obvious why you trust it because it confirms you. I'll believe the investigation only because of its unlikely P7 hit an investigation-proof GF this early. Player 8 has a good point though.

Player 8

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
First off, you may have noticed from your role PM that roles work differently in this game. Instead of having a permanent ability, there are one each of an investigation and protection role that will randomly be distributed to each player once every night. These abilities must be used on the night during which they are received.
@Player 8 how did you come up with Mafia also being privy to investigative and protective abilities (or at least, the investigative) that are afforded to a player each night? I'd have assumed Mafia have a goon and gf.

It's based on the game info from Tristan so it's an assumption. I'm not gonna exclude mafia from possibly getting those abilities at night, regardless of whether they'd be useful or not. It can, at the very least, give them a claim that can help protect them (or their scum-bud) during the day.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
~Day 2 Final Vote Tally~

Player 7
(1) - P8
Player 8 (3) - P7, P4, P3
Player 5 (1) - P2

With 7 alive, 4 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 2 will end Wednesday, July 27, 10PM PST.

A bit more happened today. It was still slow, but there was some good discussion going. And by good discussion, I mean great of course because many of you seemed to think Player 8 was one of the bad guys, and you were right! But was the final threat eliminated? Didn't seem like it. Ah well, at least you had a successful day! Now you all should get some well deserved rest.

Player 8 was a Mafia Goon.

The Living (6)
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5
  • Player 7
  • Player 9
The Dead (3)
  • Player 6 - Townie (Lynched Day 1)
  • Player 1 - Townie (Killed Night 1)
  • Player 8 - Mafia Goon (Lynched Day 2)

Night 2 Begins!

The night will end Thursday, July 28, 10PM PST. If you receive a night action, you must use it by that time. Please do not post in the thread until the night is over.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ahh, well good morning everybody. I do hope you all slept well. I must say, it's great to see everybody still standing. I'm very proud of you all for surviving the night! With that out of the way, I think all that's left is to get right back into it.

Now I did have something to say, but I forgot exactly what it was. Ah well, perhaps it will come to me later, and if not, then so be it. For now, you may all resume discussion!

The Living (6)
  • Player 2
  • Player 3
  • Player 4
  • Player 5
  • Player 7
  • Player 9
The Dead (3)
  • Player 6 - Townie (Lynched Day 1)
  • Player 1 - Townie (Killed Night 1)
  • Player 8 - Mafia Goon (Lynched Day 2)

Day 3 Begins!

With 6 alive, 4 votes are required for a majority lynch. Day 3 will end Sunday, July 31, 10PM PST.

Also, the candies received last day may still be used today.

Player 2

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Damn I was actually somewhat surprised that P8 flipped scum, I thought it was way too risky of a move to make this early in the game. Maybe it's my fault for not seeing such an obvious scum play and thinking too much outside the box. Though P5 is on my radar still, I've seen too many of these plays to overlook when someone is trying to look Town while passing by.

I don't know why though, but I'm still tentative to accept P7 and P9 as confirmed Townies. This game is secretive and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had vanilla-like roles and the abilities were handed out like Tristan has mentioned. Scum could easily use this to their advantage claiming it was given by the GM and confirm a Townie. That tactic would literally win them the game because everyone would be oblivious. On the other side, there could still easily by an investigation-proof GF, so don't be so quick to accept P9 as confirmed. That's just my speculative side coming out though, I think it's highly likely P7 is Town and he just received an investigation role/ability and used it on P9 who is a Townie.

---

@Player 9 You seemed to be somewhat suspicious of P8, but was there any reason you didn't vote?

I'm really in two minds at the moment. There's got to be two scum in this game and there's 6 left... Would scum risk and kill one of their own to try and slip through? What's the better option? Being on a scum bandwagon isn't exactly a one way ticket to win, but it does help. I laid the P5 option (I was legit suspicious though) as a backup to see if scum would bite. No one did though, not even P8 who went for P7 for some reason. So it's either P3/P4 are scum trying to look Town by killing their own or the players who didn't jump on the bandwagon because they were too tentative (yes that includes me).

Player 7

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Vote: Player 5

I blocked them last night
there was no death last night
unless the mafia willingly didn't attack at all then I'm pretty sure they are scum

Player 2

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Yeah I'm happy to vote for player 5 again. Something seemed off about that post of his/hers on Day One, it just screamed scum trying to look like town and what P7 said hammers the nail in really.

Vote: Player 5

Player 9

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
@Player 2 I forgot last day's deadline, otherwise I'd have liked to pursue P8 further, but I'm glad others voted for him. Doesn't make sense for me to continue to push suspicion on my scumbud, especially when he/she already has the most votes and then not vote em.

With Player 5 at L-2, I'll keep my vote off for now. I'd like to just hear what they say.

Player 4

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
My lynch pool is players 3, 5, and 9. Player 9 actually said Players 8 looked town before his flip. I think they need to be pressured.

Player 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom