• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Mario Galaxy 3?

i really wouldn't mind a third one. i loved both of the others and they're my favorite mario games ever (sorry, super mario world) and i'd gladly buy a 3rd. however, we only got SMG 2 because they didn't get to incorperate a LOT of ideas they had. that, and we're already pretty late in the wii's life cycle

MrLuigi

Theorist

I just recently got all 120 stars on SMG2 and have 140 something stars now. I really love the Galaxy series, although I would hope they make another SMS, mostly because I never owned SMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope not. Im hoping for a Mario without any gimmicks, not water hoses, not gravity switching, i want a new version of Super Mario 64. Retro Mushroom Kingdom Style. PLEASE.

Super Mario Galaxy was one of the better games I've played in the last couple of years. Neither the water hose nor the gravity was designed as a gimmick - both were attempts by Nintendo to try something new. I'll admit Sunshine didn't pull it off as well, but Galaxy was brilliant.

I can see them ending the franchise, but I hope they preserve the gravity mechanic in some way in future games.

I think the gravity mechanic will make a reappearance, but it will not be so prominent in the next game.

Heck yeah!! I wouldn't mind another one! I LOVED both Galaxies!! They are in my top Mario games of all time, how could anyone hate on these masterpieces?!? You Super Mario 64 fanboys are blinded by nostalgia.

God no. the last thing we need is a SECOND unoriginal sequel that brought nothing new to the series (the first being SMG2)

The first one would qualify as a masterpiece, but the second was, as mooper points out, uninspired. Nintendo did a great job of outdoing Super Mario 64, which was threatening to become a millstone around their necks in the same way that Ocarina of Time has become fro the Zelda series.

Overall I believe it's a good time to go exploring new territory. The best games in the main Mario series (ie the platformers) have been the likes of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy. They have all brought something new to the table and stood proudly next to their predecessors.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Nintendo made Galaxy 2, becuase not all Galaxy 1 ideas were used in the game (like Whomps). Also, Galaxy 2 started as a project codenamed Galaxy 1.5 - some sort or Super Mario Galaxy Master Quest - just like Ocarina of Time, same plot, same levels, but different star placement and harder. Instead, we got a sequel. But Galaxy 3 is a bad idea. Super Mario 64 had Princess Peach's Castle with 15 big and few small worlds inside, Sunshine had Isle Delfino with 8 worlds, Plaza and Airstrip, and both Galaxy games had space with 91 galaxies (42 in first, 49 in second game). Now it's time for a different setting in fifth game.

Nintendo made Galaxy 2, becuase not all Galaxy 1 ideas were used in the game (like Whomps). Also, Galaxy 2 started as a project codenamed Galaxy 1.5 - some sort or Super Mario Galaxy Master Quest - just like Ocarina of Time, same plot, same levels, but different star placement and harder. Instead, we got a sequel. But Galaxy 3 is a bad idea. Super Mario 64 had Princess Peach's Castle with 15 big and few small worlds inside, Sunshine had Isle Delfino with 8 worlds, Plaza and Airstrip, and both Galaxy games had space with 91 galaxies (42 in first, 49 in second game). Now it's time for a different setting in fifth game.

On the Wii's successor, if they are going to make another Mario game on Wii, I would like a 3rd Galaxy.

well, galaxy 1 and 2 were great but... id like a new idea not just a mario galaxy 3. if they do and it makes money we might see M G 10 no its time for a new idea.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Super Mario Galaxy 3D is possible. I think it might be a bit much. I would like a very retro styled game, not NEW Super Mario Bros, just plain old Super Mario Bros. Take the Perfect game; Mario Bros 3 and make a game like it with tons of hard to find secrets!

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
You know, people have been asking for a remake of a 2D game but with more in it, but never gotten it. And yet they persist. And then years pass by, and they still want it but don't get it. And then it gets annoying. So right now, I'm gonna ask those people........................................do you really believe that is going to happen?
And yes, I believe they should make a third SMG, but on the 3DS.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I hope they go back to a mario 64 style myself. Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 are great (Sunshine was a failure in my opinion) but its been a while since there was a regular mushroom kingdom game.

I don't think Nintendo will over use the idea until its stail. I believe there won't be another 3D mario game until a new console is released and I tend to believe it will go back to the basics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom