• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stupid Things You Did? (in Zelda Games)

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
while playing SS I spent about a half an hour trying to figure out what Impa was (When She was standing on top of the bridge waiting for you) in the Eldin province, using the beetle to inspect her from afar. I never got close enough to actually see her though...

SS: My favorite character in this game is Pipit, so I absolutely LOVE messing with him.
During the day, I have Link bring pots (and yes even barrels, though they take forever) up the stairs to where he is, just so I can throw them at his head and see the reaction. Also throwing the remlits off the island is fun xD

WW: I got stuck in the forbidden forest, so I took out the wind waker, and used the control stick and the C stick to make him dance

PH: stabbing cuccos when bored -_- ...didn't turn out too well

TP: In the Lakebed Temple, I was in the room with the large gear, and I had gotten it to move, and I wanted to see if I could drop drown onto one of the moving platforms beneath, but instead, when I dropped, Link actually landed on the railing of the bridge (the one that floats when you fill the room with water) the result being like the comic in the first post (except without link making the face). I didn't even know you could do that in zelda games! Me and My sister were dying laughing xD

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
SS: My favorite character in this game is Pipit, so I absolutely LOVE messing with him.
During the day, I have Link bring pots (and yes even barrels, though they take forever) up the stairs to where he is, just so I can throw them at his head and see the reaction. Also throwing the remlits off the island is fun xD

TP: In the Lakebed Temple, I was in the room with the large gear, and I had gotten it to move, and I wanted to see if I could drop drown onto one of the moving platforms beneath, but instead, when I dropped, Link actually landed on the railing of the bridge (the one that floats when you fill the room with water) the result being like the comic in the first post (except without link making the face). I didn't even know you could do that in zelda games! Me and My sister were dying laughing xD

*high fives* Pipit is awesome, and I, too, enjoy messing with him. One time I was shooting the beetle at him during his night patrol, from behind, he kept moving. From the front, he ran right into it. Lol. I would throw the remlits at him if a reaction where he freaks out and runs or something was programmed in xD

Lol wow...I had a similar experience in SS in Ancient Cistern. It was in that big center elevator room. I fell off one of the ledges and didnt open the sailcloth, and he landed on his crotch on one of the whip switches. If that was real life, he wouldnt be walking away so fast...and he WOULD make a face like in the comic. And I would hope everything heals before the end of the game...or else, we'd have to kiss the start of the Hyrule royal bloodline goodbye.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Attacking cuccoos is always stupid but I never learn. I also turn sniper in OoT, so much fun, especially shooting tektites in Lake Hylia from afar heheh...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
In OoT in the Megaton Hammer room i forgot there was something important in there so i thought it would be funny to drop off the cliff all the way back down towards the begging. after realizing what i just did i turned off the game because i didn't want to go all the way back up there

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
At the beginning of Skyward Sword, when I was supposed to be following Fi, I ran around Skyloft for about ten minutes just to throw all the Remlits off the edge. :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In OoT in the Megaton Hammer room i forgot there was something important in there so i thought it would be funny to drop off the cliff all the way back down towards the begging. after realizing what i just did i turned off the game because i didn't want to go all the way back up there

OMG I did the same exact thing, when I realized my mistake I was like :facepalm:
I was even recording a video guide (this past summer, actually) and I just used an infinite key cheat, because I did NOT want to backtrack. It was hell. Luckily I remembered for my OoT3D run. :sweat:

Night Owl

~Momentai
In many Zeldas I find ways to get places the hard way then discover the easy way. (e.g. Time spikes just to find I could deactivate them with a nearby switch,etc.)
Sometimes I'll manage to repeat the same mistake over and over again with the same results. (e.g Run through spikes, that could be deactivated by swich, to get knocked into a nearby pit,etc.)

In PH recently, during a three heart run, I made it to the second Knights tomb to get the King's Key. I had 1 1/2 hearts, I dodged the boulder and arrow traps flawlessly.... Just to run into the pitfall at the end. :facepalm:

In the WindWaker, I Loved trying to destroy Beedle's shop with bombs or the cannon. I've tried playing hide and seek with tingle on Windfall.

Last edited:
I'd pretend i was a regular city person in MM and WW, wasted so many hours doing that in clock town and on windfall island

I just remembered another one of mine, something I still do because I am that freaking easily amused. In Jabu-Jabu's Belly, there is a green parasitic tentacle in the main room with all the holes that suck you down to a lower level. If you run into this parasitic tentacle from a certain side, Link will get lifted into the air and fly forward like he's Superman having back problems. I'd waste several hearts doing this over and over again.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Love this question. First thing that comes to mind is in OoT, if you head up to Zoras Domain, right before the bridge along the way, there's a lone rock, I pick it up and throw it at the upcoming Octorok. I do this EVERY SINGLE TIME I go up there.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I usually do stupid stuff to wait for day or night to come. Out of watching NCS's videos too much, i try to look for a good place to go to sleep at. In Link's Awakening, I roam the overworld to look for more easter eggs or proof that the wind fish is real. In other games I try to find shekiah eyes/symbols in the overworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom