• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Stallord?

V

VaatiReborn

Hey Everyone!

I was playing Twilight Princess and the thoughts came up. What was Stallord when it was alive? We only fight its skeleton. Any thoughts or opinions?

Who knows for sure. Some speculated either Volvagia or King Dodongo because of the music. But I don't think it either of them because they don't resemble Stallord in the slightest. For all I know, it could just a random beast from Gerudo Desert or a demon from the time of Skyward Sword. There's no evidence of what it could be.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i just thought it was some random monster. i've not played every game but, given the 'time line', there's nothing that would become Stallord. it's just the ruler of the Stalfos

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
It was a beast sent by the Gods to punish the Gerudo for their thievish behavior, but eventually it was taken down and throw into the Arbiter’s Grounds as a means of use for the Death Sentence…..however once the Banishment to the Twilight Realm sentence took action he slowly died of starvation and fossilized. Well, that’s my guess anyways :silent:

V

VaatiReborn

@SixPortsofVain-That makes sense I guess

@TheBlueReptile- I wish Nintendo would clear that up. It could be a relation to Volvaglia but we just don't know. Cause no other games clears it up

Looking at all the bosses in every game, Stallord is closest to Skeldrich from Spirit Tracks, but then that brings up the fact what that was

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably wasn't a monster turned evil zombie skeleton rather then its own race like the Stalfos. I doubt it has any relation to other previous monsters from other Zelda games.

Just a random huge terrible monster I guess. It couldn't have been too nasty, because just mere mortals had imprisoned it.

Last edited:

ZeldaDungeon

Dungeoneer
Stallord

What was stallor before it had turned into what it was in Twilight princess, all we got to do mostly was the fight the skeletons. What do you guys thinks it was? :)

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It was probably some kind of dragon or other reptilian creature, although given the mane-like thing behind it's head, it could have also been something similar to a lion.

Might you be referring to Stallord? If so, I'd assume he was a large dragon. His Japanese name 蘇生古代竜 ハーラ・ジガント Sosei Kodai Ryū Hāra-Jiganto roughly translates to Resurrected Ancient Dragon Hahra Gigant. Although there are many others who believe that he might be related to Volvagia somehow.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Just realized this was preciously a second explanation of my take on what Stallord is.....oops, don’t know how that happened. Anyhow, I don’t see any other truth behind it….the Volvagia theory is extremely questionable, as Stallord is much larger, has more horn on his skull, has five fingers, and that stuff on his neck is some sort of fur…..Volvagia has a mane of flames. So I can only assume he was something the Gods conjured up to punish the Gerudo…..and unless Nintendo personally expands on the subject.….it shall remain a secret to everyone.

Last edited:

Subzerostupid

Subzerostupid
(Skyward Sword minor spoiler: after 6th dungeon) What if he was the skeleton of one the three dragons (lanayru, faron, eldin) or because none of them are in gerudo, then Levias. If Levias died, he would fall and decompose on the surface. He only attacked because he was influenced by the twilight, like with bilocyte. This is only a theory, and at that, one I made up just now. Still, it's possible.

V

VaatiReborn

No, ITS NOT, Skyward Sword is the prequel to all games! The only dragon that was pretty sick and almost dead before saved by link was the Thunder Dragon, and the Skeletons don't match a single bit, and it can't be Levias either. I like SixPortsofVains Theory on this, its the one thats most relevant and most possible. And Wolf Sages as well. Plus, before we see the thunder dragon for real, we see its skeleton. No Match and each dragon has that same basic shape. Its got to be something else

Pen

The game is on!
Well we can't know for sure at this point, but here is are speculations:

I think that Stallord was Volvagia before he died, here comes my reasons. After you defeat Volvagia in Ocarina of Time he is turned into bones (and the scull especially looks very similar to the one of Stalord), their shapes are very similar (long body with two arms and a head with two horns) and they can both breath fire (or whatever it is that Stallord is breathing).

So how did Volvagias body get transported to the desert? I don't actually have an answer to that, but hey, it's Zelda we're talking about! Not everything needs to make sense!

See the similarities.
260px-Volvagia.png
350px-Stallordrender.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom