• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS on Wii HD?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I am starting to lean towards these comments now.. I do hope SS is Wii's last great adventure like Aero_Dynamic said...

Im kinda sad that the Wii is slowly dying out though..

Man, it is sad. I've never liked the Wii as much as my good ol' GameCube, but it's always been a little special, don't you think?

Man, it is sad. I've never liked the Wii as much as my good ol' GameCube, but it's always been a little special, don't you think?

Yes the Wii has been special.. AND you can play all those Gamecube Classics on it. :)

I have lived through the lives of many consoles. Ever since N64, but the Wii is the first one I have ever really paid attention too..

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'd say no, seeing it's been in development for quite awhile, and also they wouldn't waster time and money on a port. I bet you'd be able to play it on it however, because it's rumored to be backwards compatible.

Waste money? A port would MAKE money. Lots of money. The people that prefer the motion-control heavy Wii version will get that version, the people that prefer more classical controls would get the Wii 2 version. This is exactly the case with TP. Nintendo released it on both systems and it allowed people to choose which controls they preferred. Nintendo is not the type to pass up money. And they tend to port games at the end of a system's life a lot. And 2012 is just a rumor. Personally I think it'll be out much sooner than that. Most likely this fall. Especially with the moves Nintendo has made lately, such as reducing the price of a Wii.
By the way, TP was just as far into development when they decided to port it. I bet you anything they're already porting SS. They'll probably release them a few weeks apart. It'd depend on the exact date of the console release. But it most likely will be a launch title just like TP.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Waste money? A port would MAKE money. Lots of money. The people that prefer the motion-control heavy Wii version will get that version, the people that prefer more classical controls would get the Wii 2 version. This is exactly the case with TP. Nintendo released it on both systems and it allowed people to choose which controls they preferred. Nintendo is not the type to pass up money. And they tend to port games at the end of a system's life a lot.

I agree with that. Delaying the TP release until the launch of the Wii was a (financially) clever move, I think it really helped to increase Wii sales which in turn made people buy other Wii games. If they had released TP in 2004/05, noone would've cared about the Wii port 1/2 years later.

And 2012 is just a rumor. Personally I think it'll be out much sooner than that. Most likely this fall. Especially with the moves Nintendo has made lately, such as reducing the price of a Wii.
By the way, TP was just as far into development when they decided to port it. I bet you anything they're already porting SS. They'll probably release them a few weeks apart. It'd depend on the exact date of the console release. But it most likely will be a launch title just like TP.

I don't think that the Wii 2 is about to come anytime soon, my guess is that it won't come before late 2012, rather late 2013. Don't they usually announce their new consoles 1-2 years earlier on several game shows like E3 (to raise interest)? And they gave the Wii another facelift with the Motion Plus not long ago. Plus they just released the 3DS, therefore many people already spent this year's "gaming budget" and won't buy another (Nintendo) console.
They did that only once before (releasing both a new handheld and console in the same year) with the Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance and you know what - if we disregard the VirtualBoy, the Gamecube has been the worst selling stationary Nintendo console until now (according to Wikipedia: NES 62M, SNES 49M, N64 33M, GCN 22M, Wii 82M). (Of course other factors like strong competition from the PS2 (much better hardware) may have contributed too).

However, this doesn't exclude the possibility that Nintendo will delay the release of SS until the Wii 2 release. I'd trust Nintendo to do anything.

A part of me wants Nintendo to port it over for the next console.. but then another part of me doesn't want to wait along time for Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom