• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS on Wii HD?

So alot of rumors are floating around the W.W.W. saying that Nintendo is going to announce a new home console. They are calling it "Wii HD" or "Wii 2." Rumors say that it will have a 2012 release date. Many big names in this industry are taking to twitter providing little pieces of info on the new console.

Could it be? Tune in June 7th and see.... http://fb.me/G77gvduy
bird.png
April 15, 2011 5:21 am via Facebook Reply Retweet Favorite

@e3expo E3 Expo

and Jim Reilly from IGN tweeted:

There will be first and third party "Wii 2" games at E3. No clue if they'll be playable.
bird.png
about 12 hours ago via web Reply Retweet Favorite

@jimreilly Jim Reilly

The reason I bring this up with Zelda is.. what if Nintendo does the same thing with Skyward Sword as they did with Twilight Princess? Like GCN to Wii.. Wii to "Wii 2." It kinda makes sense to me.

I think Nintendo would have problems porting to Wii 2 because of differnt graphics.. I mean TP on GCN wasn't really that different than Wii..
but it still is possible to do..

So forum. Tell me what you think about SS on Wii HD!! :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't think we should worry about it. Motion control was a huge change in gameplay and Miyamoto really wanted Link to follow such controls in TP. Project Cafe isn't adding much to gameplay potential aside from the touch screen which I can't see SS using (it would use the WM+, not the new controller anyway). There's no reason to delay it just to release it on the new console. I'm sure they'll have other first party release titles. Also, SS is the only Zelda designed for the Wii. It wouldn't be fair to skip a console. Project Cafe will probably be around for another five years or so, plenty of time for one or two other Zelda titles.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The rumours right now seem to be that the new Nintendo "Project Cafe" isn't as motion based. It would seem odd to hold back a game designed for a Wii device for a console that's not supporting it as much. Yes, it supposedly has backwards compatibility with the Wii with rumours of the new controller's camera subbing asa sensor bar, but I don't think they would drop the Wii Motion Plus angle to make a Project Cafe version of the game.

I know it's been done before, but really SS is specifically designed to capitalize on a Wii peripheral. TP for the GC was just a game without a gimmick, so adding one was simple. Cafe's gimimck right now seems to be far off waggle control with this controller based screen that's being rumoured.

Also, at the time of being held back, TP wasn't as far along as SS is now. I think with SS' appearances at shows with hands on demos at this point aims for it to be on the Wii solely still. If this new machine is as 'hardcore' as it's being claimed to be, they are going to keep both systems alive at the same time for awhile. The Wii will not die the moment Cafe comes out. They've done this before keeping the GB Advance alive with the DS out.

Really, I think it's too soon to say though because the details on the Cafe are so sketchy right now. I think by E3, even if we have no confirmation of what's happening to SS we will have a better handle on more fact based speculation. That's isn't to say it's not fun right now to think about the possibilities though! :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Oh god no! Nintendo learned from their mistakes and won't make another bad move like with TP. Besides, the game will be out this year (almost certainly) and a one year delay would kill even more fans* (I'm sure a few have died since SS started development). SS focuses so much on sword-play, the point of SS was to make possible all the motion controls they wanted to do with TP, but couldn't due to no M+. Nintendo sould let SS finish the Wii's life in style, and make another Zelda game around the quarter of the life of the Wii2.

*Sorry if it's a little too grim for this site...

for some reason I dont trust this rumors (ok thats the reason, rumors xP), I dont want nintendo to do this and I dont think it will happen, if they announce a new console in this E3, it will come out a long time after skyward sword, because I dont really think a new console can come in this year

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I see this very unlikely. Nintendo has been putting a lot of time in the development for the game for the Wii since 2008. Also, they've been working so very hard on making the controls for the game work 100% good with Wii Motion Plus, for the Wii. So all in all, I don't see this happening. Skyward Sword is probably (and is) going to be a Wii exclusive, and will make it the Wii's final great adventure for the time to come. So basically, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword will do justice for the Wii and the Wii only. Perhaps for the "Wii 2", we'll have another massive quest on our hands.

I am starting to lean towards these comments now.. I do hope SS is Wii's last great adventure like Aero_Dynamic said...

Im kinda sad that the Wii is slowly dying out though..

DLC

Soul Drummer.
Project Cafe Will We See Another TP

For those of you that do not know, project cafe is the codename for nintendos new hypothetical console featuring a more classic controller and a screen on the controller as well. But this thread is about: what if skyward sword will also be ported to project cafe like with tp. Because Project cafe is not confirmed for motion controls, probably not. But hey, what do you think about this? Will it be ported and what sort of zelda stuff do you wanna see on project cafe?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If it is, and the new console will be less dependent on motion controls, then I'd probably prefer the port. Motion controls, no matter how well done they are, are not practical for long plays. You get tired faster. More classic controls are better. It'll definitely be ported to the next console no matter what. Either as a launch game or later on.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I can`t realy see this happening, due to two reasons, firstly, the game is already too far into development to make a port, and a late 2012 release date isn`t logical, since the game is in the ``final stages of completion``. Secondly, the Project Cafe will have HD graphics, while SS has standard Wii, low resolution graphics, so we would either have a Cafe game that looks like dung, or a great looking Wii game, but as any true Nintendo fan will know, graphics arn`t worth a year long delay...

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Don't worry jejaynes15, every Zelda game is always an epic adventure. Every one of them have their differences that make each game unique, but still retain the familiar characteristics of each other to feel like the Zelda games we know. Also, as sad to say, the Wii will die out. Every console or handheld will eventually get old. As technology advances, we leave the old behind and look to the new. But still, even if the Wii is going out, that doesn't mean it's going to be out without a great ending, and Skyward Sword is the great, epic ending for the Wii (and many others, such as a recently new Kirby game that will come out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqL0yxGpbo ).

Still, going back to the thread's question, this, again, is extremelly unlikely, since Nintendo has been putting so much effort for the game for the Wii, it seems that if they try to port it, they have to go back to square one, literally, with the graphics, the controls, everything (except the story). So with this said, it doesn't look like it can happen, and I don't think Nintendo will want to make such a risky move that can or would probably lose some of their fanbase due to the extreme delay.

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is a Nintendo Wii exclusive. Even if not said officially, this is very obvious.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
firstly, the game is already too far into development to make a port, and a late 2012 release date isn`t logical, since the game is in the ``final stages of completion``.
iirc, TP was in the final stages in '05. This hypothetical SS delay would only be about half a year longer than TP's. But still... I've already posted my arguments in the other thread, which I've just merged this one with.

I'd say no, seeing it's been in development for quite awhile, and also they wouldn't waster time and money on a port. I bet you'd be able to play it on it however, because it's rumored to be backwards compatible.

Beeker

Wild Card
I doubt that this will happen. I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that Skyward Sword was built with the Wii in mind. Porting it to another system wouldn't make that much sense. While the next system is supposed to support motion controls, it will most likely be less dependent on them. Considering many Wii games are developed mainly with motion controls, porting SS probably wouldn't make to much sense.
I think it should just stay a Wii exclusive game. That, along with a few other Wii games will guide the Wii out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom