• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SS Bokoblins. Did You Dislike Them Too?

Fig

The Altruist
Honestly, I did had some dislike to them because of their appearance. As I continued to play Skyward Sword more and more, I got use to it and their appearances started to make me laugh when they fall off cliffs, have interaction with the environment (with the wasps for example), and accidentally hitting their own members with their swords. :xd:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Why must fans always find the smallest things to nitpick about? Bokoblins are evil; evil is ugly. Thus, it makes sense for them to look ugly. You're saying they look disgusting? Dude, they aren't that bad.

This is not a small thing. The Bokoblins were a major part of the game and evil is supposed to be ugly and intimidating not just plain stupid and disgusting. They are just gross in a bad way.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I loved the Bokoblins in Skyward Sword, because they were given far more personality than their previous reincarnations. When we first encounter them, they are surrounding and harassing Gorko the Goron; and later on they're harassing Machi the Kikwi. They actually make battle cries and shake their swords in the air as soon as they spot link. Some will even blow on horns to call on more of their brethren. The most hilarious moments result in testing out certain items on them. If I chunk or roll a bomb at a Bokoblin, then they run off wildly, and the same thing when I steer the Beetle in their direction, for some reason.

In regards to fighting, they aren't terribly difficult to overcome. Most of the time I wait for them to lower their guard in a certain area, and sometimes I can simply swing like a madman and still emerge unscathed. But these are the most common SS foes, so it doesn't bother me. At least it wasn't like facing Lizalfos almost throughout the entire journey.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I greatly disliked the SS' Bokoblins appearance as well. The garbs were ridiculous, the headpieces some worn looked just stupid, the colouring was annoyingly bright red (most of them were red), and they showed up whenever I needed them the least, and when I was searching for them, they were no where to be found, and when they attack in packs... UGH, you just want to slice them in pieces, rapidly swinging the wii mote, which is not possible, because of those bloody swords they are carrying around, and blocking your attacks.
But eventually, you'll get used to the sounds they make, the horrible undergarments, their striking red colouring, and their attack style, and you'll see, that there luckily are enemies, which are not Bokoblins:).

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
It was awesome. I loved looking for them when I was bored, just so I could kill them. The appearance was pretty good. Bokoblins are enemies which are pretty much in control of the surface. They look better than they did in Twilight Princess. The red ones there took so many shots to kill, and the only minor enemies I enjoyed killing where Bulblin hordes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Bokoblins are annoying, goofy looking creatures sent after Link to keep him away from Ghirahim. And this mentality easily works: players are constantly distracted from the point of the game and instead look to the way the Bokoblins are holding their goofy-looking weapons. I wouldn't call these pests a threat, just a nuisance. I dislike them.

Yes! I actually HATED those things when I first played the game. I just couldn't figure out how to defeat them at first. Now, I could fight those things any day! I think I was just so used to flinging around my sword carelessly in Ocarina of Time , but I guess it's different and more complex now.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not a fan. Wasn't the biggest issue to me either. Still wish they kept TP's style. I felt that was a perfectly stupid look. SS tried too hard.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I never really cared except for the hoard battle, that was irritating as all hell. The Electro dudes were the most irritating out of the sub-species but thats because of the way I play(Smash and go).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Pretty sure that's not true. The only instance this is ever the case is during the Horde Battle at the end of the game. Otherwise they're just typical enemies.
How are you so sure of this? For all we know, Ghirahim could have spawned all of the Bokoblin and Moblins on the Surface. No one had touched the Surface in over 1000 years, it could be possible that he began to create them during that time. The only specific time that we know for sure that he had spawned them was during the Horde Battle. Other than that, it's unknown.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
How are you so sure of this? For all we know, Ghirahim could have spawned all of the Bokoblin and Moblins on the Surface. No one had touched the Surface in over 1000 years, it could be possible that he began to create them during that time. The only specific time that we know for sure that he had spawned them was during the Horde Battle. Other than that, it's unknown.

Because of the game's backstory and information from Fi. Demise is the source of all monsters, and he's the one that led the attack 1000 years prior to Link's journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom