• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Spaceballs: The Mafia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
maxresdefault.jpg

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It was a reference. (: I was going to use it as an excuse to vote whoever said yes since lone star (the Mafia) used raspberry jam to jam the radars in the film. Then, I found the stuff below, so I don't really feel like carrying out my bad joke anymore

Ah, yeah I figured it might be a reference. Thanks for letting me know!

Vote: Mafia
Guyz, I did it

Deku, why are you voting for yourself? :)

Mido

Version 1
Well, given that we only have seven hours or so, here's where we stand as far as votes go from what I gathered:

ALIT - 1 (Pendio)

Mido - 1 (ALIT)

This all being noted, I can't say I've really done anything productive, having only read who I believe to be town so far but have struggled to reap scum behavior, especially given the discussion up to this point.

@Pendio any reason for voting ALIT? Just curious. Anywho, while I could self-preserve at this point instead of leaving it to chance; I'm tired. So I want to sleep. I'll make a choice if I make deadline in the coming hours.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Hmm, yeah, agree with Deku that post restriction on Bok is more likely to come from town, since we probably one have two scum in a game of this size, and it would make defending themselves against the town virtually impossible.

So right now I have Mido and Bok as top town. Deku has been useful in helping us figure out Spaceballs, so I would never lynch him today. Everyone else is fair game.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm good with lynching either ALIT or Pen. Unfortunately, we don't know as of now what tie votes do in this game, so for the sake of Day 1 lynches, I'm going to
Vote: Pendio
I was going to vote him earlier for his Bok vote, but that was before we really got to see it wasn't just Bok messing around. It's literally nothing to go on, but I have to make a choice, and neither one is really calling to me so far.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Tbh if it wasn't for the sign up issues with this game I would ask for a replacement. Didn't realize this was a bastard game and I dislike bastard games. That being said I will keep playing because it was such an issue to get this game going.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Vote : Pendio

I dislike his drive-by vote on me. I also dislike Minish today. I feel her early posts usually have a lot more content.

Yeah, I usually do try to start games with more content, but seeing as this game seems like it might have some odd roles and I'm not really familiar with Spaceballs I was kinda waiting to see how things went. Deku has certainly been helpful with his information of the movie so far though.

Since things have gotten more serious now, I'll go ahead a give my thoughts. I agree that Bok definitely seems town, since his posts surely must be due to his character. The only other person that has stood out to me is Pendio. Mostly due to his comment that he has reason to believe Princess Vespa is in the game, and his unvote on Bok and then vote for ALIT right after. I'm not entirely sure if all of that was a scum move or not though. Maybe someone could figure out why he would have reason to believe Princess Vespa is in the game? Might have something to do with his character/alignment.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vespa is the Leia expy, if anyone was wondering.
Only Spaceballs I could think of who would have possible knowledge of her are the plastic surgeon (due to his entire role in the film being about her) and maybe Dark Helmet (since he's the Spaceball with the most direct interaction with her so far as I can remember). Vespa would no doubt be mafia in this game, if she exists, but I still feel that Barf is a more likely goon than she is, what with him being the best friend and her being at odds with Lone Star for much of the movie.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Tbh if it wasn't for the sign up issues with this game I would ask for a replacement. Didn't realize this was a bastard game and I dislike bastard games. That being said I will keep playing because it was such an issue to get this game going.
Oh Damn. Am sorry man. I'll try to make it more apparent next time I do one. If I do.

Mido

Version 1
Vote : Pendio

I dislike his drive-by vote on me. I also dislike Minish today. I feel her early posts usually have a lot more content.

That's a fair point. It's the reason I asked about the vote in particular. Only qualm about Pendio is his setup question. Perhaps it's just me being too bull-headed about what I believe is the setup, but I figured Mafia would know the tale of the tape and would not make a statement of the sort. It's a slight reach, but this situation leads me to lean town for Pendio, although I'm admittedly concerned over his lack of presence since he made the statement.

I'm good with lynching either ALIT or Pen. Unfortunately, we don't know as of now what tie votes do in this game, so for the sake of Day 1 lynches, I'm going to
Vote: Pendio
I was going to vote him earlier for his Bok vote, but that was before we really got to see it wasn't just Bok messing around. It's literally nothing to go on, but I have to make a choice, and neither one is really calling to me so far.

Vote: DekuNut

I'd really hate to do this, especially since you've been very contributive in respect to hypothetical setup, but this post just seems opportunistic to me. Felt the same way about this post, albeit much less so:

DekuNut said:
Anyways, day ends in less than 24 hours. Where are our votes at?

Your intent seems to be well-meaning, but I have reservations about your final approach. With Pendio likely lynched, it's not as if this vote entirely matters this day, but we could carry on the discourse for Day 2 in light of circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom