• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Snow!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
We just got an inch of snow here, likely to accumulate to maybe 3 inches over the next several hours or into the night. The area I live is REALLY bad at dealing with snow, so at the first flurries around 10 am, the school announced a two-hour early release. No one bothers salting the roads or doing anything to them because we just don't have that kind of equipment on hand around here, so by the time we were let out at noon, that one inch of snow was causing major problems, especially given the curvy forest roads and inexperienced snow drivers. I think I saw...4 accidents on the 12 mi drive home, one of which I saw happen as it was literally 2 cars in front of me, and at least 6 cars nearly slipping into ditches or unable to get up small hills (not counting the ones that actually did get stuck). Gawd I love snow.

Djinn

and Tonic
It is actually snowing in Georgia right now. As if snow here was not already unheard of, I cannot think of any year it has snowed in December. Normally we get the one afternoon of snow in February-March sometime. And it is generally less than an inch. I think it has gone past an inch already ans still going.

Maybe that Lunar eclipse on the solstice really did mess something up.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, I got a report from my cousins that it snowed a ton in Kecskemet. The temperature went down to -20 degrees celsius today. Sadly I couldn't be there....but I do hope next year I will be there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom