• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Snow!

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
It's snowing as I post this, actually. I think we're supposed to get around four inches when all is fallen. It's sticking to the grass and stuff, but the roads are all clear. But why couldn't it snow on monday instead? :/

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
We had snow all of last week, we have about 10 inches. Schools were closed, roads were blocked, lorries were jackknifed, motorways were gridlocked. But all the kids just went sledging and has snowball fights. :D But it is really cold, it was -17 last night!!!!!

It snowed a bit on the first day of December, but it is all melted now. It was a nice start to the final month of the year. However, this weekend is expecting quite a bit of snow... and hopefully will cover the blades of grass all the way. :P I just hate seeing the tips of green poking through, like they're drowning in snow. I think this snow that is coming will go through early Monday morning. I would wish for a snow day, but our school district only has three calamity days this year, so I think we should save them for January.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
We had snow all of last week, we have about 10 inches. Schools were closed, roads were blocked, lorries were jackknifed, motorways were gridlocked. But all the kids just went sledging and has snowball fights. :D But it is really cold, it was -17 last night!!!!!

This.

But instead of sledging and having snowball fights, I stayed inside for a week playing World of Warcraft...... -.-'

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
We had and still have snow this whole week! It is Sinterklaas today in Holland and it's the first time since many years we had snow on Sinterklaas! It is freezing cold and I was jumping into the snow today and took some pics of winter wonderland. The bad thing is the wind. It makes it so much colder. But I love looking outside my window and see all the snow everywhere.

Beeker

Wild Card
Since last week, it's been snowing bit by bit, but not really staying :<
Because of seeing snow falling, I've been so happy. I just hope sometime soon, there will be a snowfall that will actually stay...

arkvoodle

Diabolical
It snowed last Saturday here, and again on Thursday. But all of the snow is going away, sadly. :(
Also, school wasnt cancelled due to snow and the incredibly icy conditions. >_> It was absolutely freezing inside, you'd be better off outside. At least it's slightly warmer.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
No. I live in southern CA and it pretty much NEVER snows here. It's just sunny and hot. It's kind-of cold in this area for the next 2 weeks or so, but I can bear the cold a lot better than most people, so it's barely cold for me. Last year, it was pretty close to snowing. Some of it was just a few miles away and not on any distant montains. Hopefully it'll snow here this year. I remember on about January 2007, everyone in my school thought it was snowing, but I got a good look at it and found out that it was just hail.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Here in Anchorage the snow is rather sad, not even a foot on the ground, a couple weeks ago it rained and froze over. Back in my hometown things are a bit deeper but usually it comes up to several feet. All around it isn't a very good year.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I've had it for about a week now. In fact, it was snowing just a couple hours ago. There's a "bald" spot under a tree in my backyard where the snow hasn't reached yet, but that tree's pretty big and has a lot of leaves and branches for the snow to be caught on.

The snow layer is kinda thin, but it's there alright.\

EDIT: The bald spot has been covered, repeat, the bald spot has been covered.

The layer of snow's also getting thicker now. Won't be long till we have enough snow to build snowmen and have snowball fights! :3

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
No. I live in southern CA and it pretty much NEVER snows here. It's just sunny and hot. It's kind-of cold in this area for the next 2 weeks or so, but I can bear the cold a lot better than most people, so it's barely cold for me. Last year, it was pretty close to snowing. Some of it was just a few miles away and not on any distant montains. Hopefully it'll snow here this year. I remember on about January 2007, everyone in my school thought it was snowing, but I got a good look at it and found out that it was just hail.

I know how you feel. I live in an area that rarely if ever snows. Typically for about an afternoon one day a year. And all of society shuts down for that afternoon. However last March we did get five or six inches for a couple days and that is almost completely unheard of in Georgia. I have never seen so much snow at one time.

That said, cold weather finally began here last week. Before it was mainly in the 70's.

Yay time for me to make people feel really jealous. Here in my awesome town we got snow about a week before Halloween, than again two days before Thanksgiving. No snow day yet, unlike last year when my town got a snow day in late October. The sad thing is that I probably won't have snow on Christmas, that is typical for where I live, we get a white Halloween but yet no snow on Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom