• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sleeping Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a long time question of why Link never sleeps. Even though this thought has no significance to the overall gameplay and story in general, I am here to give my theory on why Link never sleeps throughout the games.

In just about ever Zelda game (not all), Link is found Sleeping in the beginning of the it. In the story that IS Zelda, Link is the legendary hero blessed with courage by Farore. Usually, at the beginning of the games, Link is just an ordinary Hylian living out a normal life. But as the game progresses, Link becomes the Legendary hero.

So here is my theory, every being has to sleep, whether it be Gorons, Zora, Hylians, and Humans (not just LoZ Humans, real Humans too). At the beginning of the games, Link is just an ordinary Hylian, so naturally, he needs to sleep. But as the game advances, Link becomes the Legendary hero. It is the heros job the save the land from evil, so there is little time to sleep. Link is the Legendary hero of courage, blessed by Farore. As Link grows stronger, he earns heart containers. Ever notice that if you have the option to take a nap, your like guage gets refilled, also, if you are low in health, Linbk tends to breathe a lot heavier than usual, so my main piont is that because of Farores blessing, Link does not need to sleep, because the Life Guage gives him energy that he needs that he could get from sleeping, thats why, if you are low on health, sleeping will help you regain your life.

To sum it up, Link does not need to sleep when he has Farore blessing, he automatically gets energy by his Life Guage.

If you don't understand my piont, or if you need clarification, let me know as I wrote this as the ideas came to me.
Let me know what you think. Is it a Valid theory, or totally lame? :dry:
It's all just speculation, sot of...

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
You can sleep in Skyward Sword. But yeah, I think that his heart meter is energy and that's why he can fight non-stop.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like how you liken power to not needing to sleep. I think sleeping's a good saving mechanic but Zelda always has a saving mechanic that I really don't like. I also like the heart meter comment, Celeboy!

quite a lot of them sleep, Simon. like in RPGs
I think the reason Link is always woken up from a deep slumber is he intuitivly knows that he has a quest that could span days, so he managed to get all his sleep in before hand.

Link13 said:
There has been a long time question of why Link never sleeps. Even though this thought has no significance to the overall gameplay and story in general, I am here to give my theory on why Link never sleeps throughout the games.

In just about ever Zelda game (not all), Link is found Sleeping in the beginning of the it. In the story that IS Zelda, Link is the legendary hero blessed with courage by Farore. Usually, at the beginning of the games, Link is just an ordinary Hylian living out a normal life. But as the game progresses, Link becomes the Legendary hero.

So here is my theory, every being has to sleep, whether it be Gorons, Zora, Hylians, and Humans (not just LoZ Humans, real Humans too). At the beginning of the games, Link is just an ordinary Hylian, so naturally, he needs to sleep. But as the game advances, Link becomes the Legendary hero. It is the heros job the save the land from evil, so there is little time to sleep. Link is the Legendary hero of courage, blessed by Farore. As Link grows stronger, he earns heart containers. Ever notice that if you have the option to take a nap, your like guage gets refilled, also, if you are low in health, Linbk tends to breathe a lot heavier than usual, so my main piont is that because of Farores blessing, Link does not need to sleep, because the Life Guage gives him energy that he needs that he could get from sleeping, thats why, if you are low on health, sleeping will help you regain your life.

To sum it up, Link does not need to sleep when he has Farore blessing, he automatically gets energy by his Life Guage.

If you don't understand my piont, or if you need clarification, let me know as I wrote this as the ideas came to me.
Let me know what you think. Is it a Valid theory, or totally lame?
It's all just speculation, sot of...

Bear in mind that he does not have to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom either...

Nor does he bleed, or lose limbs, or get crushed, or suffer burns or melted skin/hair when lit on fire. I think an awful lot of the things we usually write off as digressions to gameplay could be accounted for via heart containers.

However, that doesn't explain why Link starts each game with three. Would that mean he starts out three times as resistant to damage and to various bodily needs as your typical person, perhaps as part of his heroic destiny?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This discussion probably isn't going to go anywhere, so I'm going to close it.

The reason we never see Link sleep has nothing to do with theory, because it is primarily a gameplay factor. Sleeping would be anticlimactic and cumbersome on the player, and would dramatically inhibit anyone's enjoyment of the game -- this is why it is never present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom