• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword a Mediocre Game?

I thought that it was a good game, but not as good as some of the other Zelda titles. I don't really understand why people like it as much as they do. Hopefully Nintendo will do a better job next time around.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
You can't really blame people for liking it, it is a good game. This is my opinion though, there are some people who dislike SS and some who don't, no one can change that. If you ask people why they like something, they'll probably list some stuff that you personally don't like. It depends on what kind of taste you have.

I personally thought SS was and is a great game, they motion controls were fun for me and the Loftwing was cool. I liked the look of the overworld and I just liked the overworld. The dungeons were really fun and the story was interesting.

That's what I think, but you will probably disagree, no one can help that.

I really liked skyward sword. I think its a lot of people's favorite game (including me) because it took all the critisism from older games and improved this game. Yup...

Skyward Sword is my favorite game in the franchise. The way that the story made you feel like you actually cared about the each and every character not just the main one. Also the style of control is my favorite over all. :) It just too bad that some people don't like changing things for the better.

C

Cookie Monster

I thought it was one of the better 3D Zelda games. I wasn't a fan of some of the controls (swimming and controlling the Minecart). However, I thought the story was really good and I enjoyed the game. I'd say it was easily a 9.5/10. Definitely better then most games that came out in 2011.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I love Skyward Sword but I did not like the overworld, when I think of Zelda overworlds I think of all the 2D Zelda's and Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I can't see how people say SS is a bad video game. Some people legitimately think that it's broken and all that stuff. It isn't. SS is a phenomenal title, has so much quality in it. I would play it over almost all SNES games, and THOSE are some pretty decent games (well, pretty much any game from NES-SNES-N64 era is decent, sides Superman 64).

As far as a Zelda game though, it's just a weaker title. It may have storytelling, but the story is just TP's copy paste with some development. The two villains weren't so much villainous as they were funny -- great motives but terrible ways of going after said motives. Tinier problems like the constant notification...then bigger problems like the translucent bosses and enemies. SS disappointed me in too many ways for me to call it even a decent Zelda game. Keep in mind this is a 2011 Zelda game which shouldn't have such grievance; Nintendo by now should know how to please the veteran fans and the newcomers alike.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As far as a Zelda game though, it's just a weaker title. It may have storytelling, but the story is just TP's copy paste with some development. The two villains weren't so much villainous as they were funny -- great motives but terrible ways of going after said motives. Tinier problems like the constant notification...then bigger problems like the translucent bosses and enemies. SS disappointed me in too many ways for me to call it even a decent Zelda game. Keep in mind this is a 2011 Zelda game which shouldn't have such grievance; Nintendo by now should know how to please the veteran fans and the newcomers alike.

I felt that it catered to all kinds of fans. I mean, I'm as hardcore of a Zelda fan as they come, and I adore SS.

Last edited:
As far as a Zelda game though, it's just a weaker title. It may have storytelling, but the story is just TP's copy paste with some development.
Did I miss the part in TP where Zelda goes to an unexplored land where she must fulfill her destiny whilst being aided by Impa? Also I'm pretty sure she was never being chased by a Demon Lord..
Wow, my memory does blow chunks, I think I might have Alzheimers
If you're going to claim SS copies TP, at least make some claims that can be backed up. For example, the Silent Realm parts are very similar to that horrid Twilight Bug Catching Contest of Padding.
To claim that SS copied TP's plot either implies that the person never actually played the game or is making stuff up just for kicks.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Did I miss the part in TP where Zelda goes to an unexplored land where she must fulfill her destiny whilst being aided by Impa? Also I'm pretty sure she was never being chased by a Demon Lord..
Wow, my memory does blow chunks, I think I might have Alzheimers
If you're going to claim SS copies TP, at least make some claims that can be backed up. For example, the Silent Realm parts are very similar to that horrid Twilight Bug Catching Contest of Padding.
To claim that SS copied TP's plot either implies that the person never actually played the game or is making stuff up just for kicks.

Vanitas tends to do this with SS. He legit complains about things in it that are in literally every Zelda game. :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay, you win. TP and SS have zero similarities as far as plot and stories go. Yes, SS is the best game ever, and the best Zelda ever. Happy now? :kawaii:

JJ, you're funny. I've said time and time again that SS is a 2011 Zelda game. Just because OoT in '98 got away with it (mostly due to system limitations) doesn't mean SS can make that same flaw. That's like telling me a supposedly prestige house is allowed to have a brick missing because that rundown house has a brick missing. Or like the best wine on the market is allowed to taste like crap because the worst wine tastes like crap. No, doesn't compute. inb4doublestandards

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom