• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Simple Facts...

What simple fact do you wish more people understood?

For me its LOVE! if you spread love it generates more love, where spreading hate generates more hate, and sadness and other miserable stuff... But if you love, and everyone loves, then it only stimulates more love and feelings of mutual understanding.

Nicole

luke is my wife
That animals just go out and attack people. That's not true. Animals will attack people for several reasons, that they can't even control.

They will attack you if they feel threatened, if you're in their habitat or are antagonizing them. People should know better than to approach a wild animal, you know, bears, wolves, etc. Females will also attack you if you're too close to their young. It's instinct. They'll go after you if you're in an area that used to be their home, if they get shoved off their forests. When people mow down forests to build houses and building complexes, animals get defensive.

Also, I wish people would know that animal like killer whales and pit bulls are given an unfair reputation. Orcas (killer whales) kill for food. Hunting instinct. And pit bulls don't kill people. People kill people. Humans cruelly train the dogs to be aggresive and mean. It's not their fault.

I just don't like how people misunderstand animals. Let them be.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I wish people would understand and respect others. Many bullying in middle and high school is done because cool kids think that they are better than them, but most of the time kids get picked on is because they have something different about themselves. It can be a look, an accent problem, or a way that someone dresses, they might get picked on for being different. I think that if people would respect others and not mind other people's life, it would be a definite change for everyone.

Abbs

I'd love it if some people would just learn to swallow their pride and let things go.

Doesn't sound like a lot of facts have been posted here, just a lot of feelings :P

I'd say Evolution. I only have a rough understanding of Evolution compared to scientists, but I'm prepared to believe it's accurate as a theory. Same as I believe the theory that Smoking causes Lung Cancer. You don't believe scientists because of a religious text that says otherwise? Do you smoke?

Pit Bulls (as in the true APBT) are Terriers. They were always bred to have strong prey drives. Acknowledging a breed's history and potential for animal aggression =/= accusing the breed of, say, causing 9/11 or the Holocaust. Seriously. I got into an argument with someone who couldn't handle their own dog, who wanted a Pit Bull, and I have a lot of experience with Pits. I told her not to get a Pit Bull since she was an incredibly irresponsible owner, because if she got an APBT and treated it the same way of animal...just don't be an ignorant jerk about it. There are lots of breeds of dog I like. I plan on actually raising and breeding Keeshond(en) someday. But I wouldn't go telling everyone that they're perfect for everyone. If someone I knew who was irresponsible wanted one, and I knew they clearly could not provide adequate care or training for it, I'd tell them not to get one just like that person who wanted the APBT.

Edit: posted before I saw this:

And pit bulls don't kill people. People kill people. Humans cruelly train the dogs to be aggresive and mean. It's not their fault.

While you're mostly right on a lot of points...just as there are humans born with a few screws loose, the same can easily apply to animals. Pit Bulls are misunderstood by both people who think they're human killers and people who think they're harmless teddy bears. According to the breed's history and standard, APBTs are supposed to be fantastic family dogs. They were bred to be vicious in the fighting pit, but safe enough to take home to the family. You also have to keep in mind that aggression isn't just trained, it's also bred into them. Otherwise, most hunting breeds today wouldn't exist. Animal aggression in the APBT is a standard trait. It's what they were bred for, and true aggression cannot be trained out of a dog. They are terriers with enormous jaw strength and a serious working drive. While human aggression is very unlikely to be found in a Pit Bull, animal aggression is not something to be taken lightly. The truth about Pit Bulls is that they're great...if you live in a single-dog household and are realistic and responsible enough to know how to handle the dog. While it's true many households can have multiple dogs, including Pit Bulls, with little trouble, it's not exactly the norm for the breed. I think Pit Bull fan (not saying you, just people I've come across many times in the past) in all honesty need to just accept the facts and realize that their favorite dog breed isn't as misunderstood as they want to think it is.

^ me and my dog were attacked by a pitbull over the summer. I blame the irresponsible dog owner for allowing it to roam the streets unsupervised.

Another simple fact. Kinda cuz Jden brought up a sour point... The bible is a HISTORY book not a SCIENCE TEXT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom