• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda stay Medieval or more Steampunk?

Which Genre should the series follow?

• Steampunk Grit (Time period Ex: 1800s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magical Medieval Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
We've played Zelda for many years and we know it tends to go to these genres (TP is an example of Steampunk, while OOT is one of Medieval.) In the future should the Zelda games go to focusing more on the Steampunk technological future or stay as a Magic focused Fantasy Medieval game?

I'm Medieval all the way.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well I"m a bit half and half but i kinda liked medievil like OoT more also A poll might have worked also but I'm just giving you a suggestion oops nevermind I never saw the poll sorryo_O but I loved it how Oot was

I can't even begin to imagine how horrible a 1800's Zelda game would be. I mean, a Zelda game with Muskets? and other guns? Cannons are ok but not guns.

So having already said that I wouldn't want the "Steampunk" I say Medieval. times.

Claire

The Geekette
This is no contest, it will definitely be magical, medieval fantasy that is the winner.

There are more abilities, more loophole logic, more thinking involved in a fantasy inspired game than a game that everything applies to the real world. I think the fantasy within the series is what makes it brilliant, actually. Fighting off monsters and saving the day would be nothing if real life logic was applied, and that is why the adventures are so enjoyable. I do not expect many advances, concerning weapons becoming more modern (i.e. guns), although we already have bombs and cannons.

Let us hope they do not make a wrong move in the future, I'm hoping for the same old fantasy. :)

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Definitely Midieval/Fantasy. I thought the cannon was a nice item in PH and WW, but Linebeck's steam boat was on the borderline. It was tolerable for PH, but I don't really want to see another steam boat or anything of the sort in the upcoming Zelda games. The magic and midieval theme is what makes Zelda so great.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I have to agree with all the other people.... medieval/fantasy FTW
Cannons and steamboats are tolerable, muskets and stuff like that, NOT

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I think a steampunk Zelda would be awesome. They could leave out guns, but keep everything else. It would be a nice twist to the series.

I didn't think TP was really steampunk. If you want steampunk, go Bioshock.

But still, Zelda just wouldn't feel like Zelda in a steampunk environment. Skull_Kid's idea about steamboats and cannons would be fine, but something like Bioshock would NOT be good.

It should definitely stay medieval. Zelda is not the kind of game that could easily transition into futuristic from where it is now, and if it did, I wouldn't like it. It would just... feel wrong.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Medivel fantasy. That is why I love Zelda ^^ If Zelda changed to more modern like that I dont think I would really like it anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom