• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should They Have More Master Quests Like OOT?

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
So I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have another Master Quest like OoT? I would definitely buy if there was another one. I always love new challenges! If they did make another Master Quest, I would choose it for Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess or even the new Skyward Sword. What do you guys think? Do you think it will happen?

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
Yeah, the Second Quest from the original LoZ would be pretty cool to see in a newer game. However, that was made because the developers thought that they had only used half the space on the NES cartridge that they had available to make the main game. That means they could have twice as much content in the main story. I think that newer titles should just use that space to make a richer and more in-depth game.

MW7

Well if they do another master quest, my vote is for ALTTP. 12 redone dungeons would be awesome.

skybird11

state alchemist
that's a nice idea, i'd love harder versions of previous zeldas. but they should make the original quest of future games as epic as possible with lots of content then see if there is enough room to make a MQ version. if there isn't enough room on the one disk and they decide to release a seperate MQ disc of the game, i'd stick with the original and forget about the MQ version. unless the games are bundled and the price isnt any different from just one disk.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It would be much better that they have the Master Quest built into the initial game like with the original Legend of Zelda and the remake of Ocarina of Time, rather than what they did for the individual release of Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. Although I suppose that did have the original game on the disc. :/ Still, it was largely unavailable to the general public so not so many people ended up playing it. The best thing would be for them to release a Master Quest built into every original release of a Zelda game - though I'll have to admit, it's not an idea that appeals to me personally, since it's practically the same story, and although I'll argue to the grave that gameplay is part of storytelling, the changes to gameplay entailed by a Master Quest add little to nothing to the story. The same game with greater challenge does appeal to a lot of people, though, so it might work nicely if they have someone else (Grezzo, anyone?) make Master-Quest-esque alterations in order to prevent it from hindering their progress on new Zelda stories. I kind of worry that implementing the Master Quest might delay the initial release of the game, though, for something I'm not even going to play.

T

tehbiggorn

I would like to se more master quests. Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, Legend of Zelda (original), Wind Waker,Twilight Princess.... now that I think all the games with master quests with all Zelda games

It depends how many ideas Nintendo has. I would love to see more Master Quests or Second Quests, especially if the game is easy. It will add a lot of replay value and challenge which can make it more fun.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Master Quest was a good idea but like all good ideas overusing it will completely ruin it. But, if there must be one then I could choose either Wind Waker or Twilight Princess because some fans complain about how those games are too easy. Maybe that would satisfy them.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Master quest for Twilight Princess? Nah. I'm stuck on Lakebed temple and my dad had been playing since 2006 and STILL hasn't finished it. (Snowpeak ruins)
Wind waker? Definitely. I did the game in 6 days, got every item and did the final boss in two mins. It's a shame one of the best games is so easy, it deserves a remake.

I vote for TP and WW master quests. I got to room 49 in the cave of ordeals with 3 hearts, and this was my 2nd Zelda game.
Also, the darknuts are too easy. Why not make a master quest mode where the darknuts deal 10 hearts damage, and move at x1.75 speed?:lol:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It wouldn't be a bad idea, but the original Ocarina of Time Master Quest was a pre-order bonus for the Wind Waker, if I remember correctly. I don't think another Master Quest should be done unless it's an incentive like that for the next new Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom