• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Majora Come Back?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If Majora came back, that would be awesome. I think that maybe Link should be able to go back in time to where the mask was used for hexing rituals and Majora was at it's full power. Then Link would have to face Majora at the peak of his/her power.

And then we might see a return of Fierce Deity :)

50 charactersssssssss

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I can´t believe I´ve missed this thread! I think it would be great if Majora made a return. This should not take place in Termina though but in a different dimension and at a different time. If this happens I would enjoy it in a 2/2,5D handheld game. For I want the next Wii game to be completely different and with quite some new characters in it (this includes the villain). If Majora made a return I would want it/her/him to have some different forms then what we saw in MM, the differences don´t have to be mayor but it could be boring if they didn´t exist at all (the differences).

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think that another Termina game is long overdue. I wish they would use Termina again. It was important enough to save a first time, who's protecting it now that Link is gone? Maybe a spin off game?

I would like to see more of Termina as well, although I don't think the return of Majora and the return of Termina would necessarily need to happen in the same game. It would probably work best if they did, though.

Also, as octorok and Zemen pointed out, we could potentially see the return of the Fierce Deity. This would be interesting, especially if they explained more about it.

Oh yes, I'd definitely like Majora to make a return. Especially if the game she returned in was set in Termina; we've had a lot of games in Hyrule, so we know quite a bit about it, but Termina just seemed full of unexplored secrets. Perhaps we could, yes, see a little bit more about the connection to Majora and Fierce Deity, and some back-story for both of them.

However, I'm not sure if Majora should be the only boss. Or, maybe we could have one of those classic boss battles after three dungeons, in which Majora either defeats Link, or in which something happens and Majora unlocks it's true power.

I would love to see a prequel of Majora's Mask, which would put the player in the shoes of the Fierce Diety, whoever he was before he became so powerful. This would also give us the chance to explore the origins of Majora, Ikana, and many other things in MM who's past was questionable or unknown. I would like to also see more on the infamous belief that Termina's architecture was actually disgracing the Hyrulian Goddesses.

Shnappy

derp
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. So I would love a sequel. I'm not sure what the plot would be. The moon had already stopped from falling, so I don't know what else would give the game a time is running out - apocalyptic feel to it. If the game comes back, it has to have an apocalyptic plot.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I'd like to see Majora's Mask again. It was a truly awesome game, my favorite at that. Majora could probably fit in a prequel of Majora's Mask, but how could you play as Link? A new protagonist might upset some hardcore fans, but Fierce Deity could work well here.

Majora was such an amazing character, the way she was placed into Majora's Mask was great, and I'd like to see Majora in another game. Seeing another side of Termina would also be great, like areas we haven't discovered.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I think that another Termina game is long overdue. I wish they would use Termina again. It was important enough to save a first time, who's protecting it now that Link is gone? Maybe a spin off game?

I would also love to see another game that took place in Termina. But I don´t want to see Majora in such a game (at least not if it was a sequel). The threat should come from another source in a new "Termina" game and that it would be boring to see Majora returning to Termina is actually my opinion!

Maybe it would be possible to put Majora in a new Zelda game taking place in Termina and make it an interesting game, but it´s hard for me to imagine how they would do it. I wouldn´t want it to be a sequel (as I mentioned before), but if the events took place before Majora´s Mask, who would the hero be? As dark_link01 said it could be Fierce Deity, but would that make the game a true Zelda? I think the idea would work (and I would probably enjoy it a lot :)), but like ShellShocker said, would it satisfy everyone?

Last edited:
Well, we really know nothing of Fierce Deity's past; for all we know, he could be another Link. If that was the case, there wouldn't be any trouble satisfying those who couldn't have a Zelda game without Link. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Fierce Deity was a totally different character that you got to play as. That being said, I highly doubt Nintendo will ever replace Link as the protagonist of the Zelda series.

Well, we really know nothing of Fierce Deity's past; for all we know, he could be another Link. If that was the case, there wouldn't be any trouble satisfying those who couldn't have a Zelda game without Link. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Fierce Deity was a totally different character that you got to play as. That being said, I highly doubt Nintendo will ever replace Link as the protagonist of the Zelda series.

Yeah, and I highly doubt we'll ever see or hear from anything in the MM world again. I just don't think it was popular enough among the general audience for it to have a prequel or sequel. I would surely welcome such a game, but I don't see it happening.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

Ganondorf is used and getting overrused too, I wasn't excited when I heard Ganondorf was the bad guy in TP, in fact I preferred Zant's personality to the done 100x before "big tough mean sword fighting Ganondorf" - oh and let's play tennis with balls of energy, again - and Vaati really held no interest with me in the first place. I liked the Minish Cap, but Vaati did nothing for me.

To me, Ganondorf is different to Ganon, I wouldn't mind if the next Zelda game had a completely different Villain or Ganon and no Ganondorf.

Majora is too good of a character to risk one of Nintendo's 'new ideas.'
yes i feel the same way, they should change the boss its always Ganondorf.it should have been Zant, but i do think Majora should return but not as a mask.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would also love to see another game that took place in Termina. But I don´t want to see Majora in such a game (at least not if it was a sequel). The threat should come from another source in a new "Termina" game and that it would be boring to see Majora returning to Termina is actually my opinion!

Every other game has Ganondorf or Vaati returning and no one complains. Why can't they bring back an antagonist they've only used once? The only other one hit wonder is Bellum and most people don't like him. Majora was a very diabolical character, more so than Ganondorf and Vaati and we have yet to see a return for her. Being the most dark antagonist, I think it's fitting to have her return.

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. So I would love a sequel. I'm not sure what the plot would be. The moon had already stopped from falling, so I don't know what else would give the game a time is running out - apocalyptic feel to it. If the game comes back, it has to have an apocalyptic plot.

I don't agree with this. I think this would make it feel WAY too much like MM and that people would just call it an MM clone like they did with TP being an OoT clone.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. I love MM. I personally think that it's the greatest Zelda game ever made. It took what was great about OoT and added more originality, character depth, and difficulty and made it something amazing.

I'm not sure if I'd want to risk one of the greatest things about MM coming back and getting ruined. I think that MM should be left where it is and not have what's happened to LttP/OoT happen to it (constantly rehashing it).

I understand returning Vaati. I mean he had some back story that was never fulfilled. Unless it was very well plot-driven I wouldn't want the MM to return. The Majora's Mask was taken back by the HMS. IIRC the evil in the mask was destroyed, too. The backstory wouldn't have much to build on.

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
I like the idea of a prequel, where you play as fierce deity link. Termina would probably be different, too, seeing it would probably take place long before the events of mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom