• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Majora Come Back?

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
this would probably have been best in "future zelda" forum.

anyway, unless they have another game with Termina, no. Majora is to Termina as Ganondorf is to Hyrule, IMO.

Actually, I don't think Majora was even from Termina, due to the Mask Salesman coming from Hyrule. I do have my own theory about Majora, that he is actually a God of Darkness, and the mask was a "tool" he sent to Hyrule to cause chaos and destruction to the people of the world. However, the mask only held a portion of Majora's essence, which is why it was defeated so "easily". I may post more on this theory later.

Plus, call me crazy, but I think I saw a face that looked a LOT like Majora's Mask in the Spirit Temple's boss room, in OoT, where you battle Twinrova. You can see it on the pillars.
I could be mistaken though.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Majora definitely should come back. The thing about demons though, once they're destroyed, that's usually the end of them. Majora seemed relatively weak, actually. So I don't know how coming back would work out. I guess if Nintendo really wanted to, they could find a way. Perhaps make it so Majora never died.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Majora is perhaps my favorite villain beside Gohma. x)

He is very powerful (make a moon fall on a city is something Ganon will probaly never do) and has a unique style with strange looking symbols o_o

Also he may be connected (he read that somewhere on the web) to the Twilight mask that Midna wears (don't remember its name), so he may come back in a future Zelda game, where his origins would be finally told and where he would take control of a new character...

Well I think he could make a perfect boss (final boss? =)) for a future or even the next Zelda.

Majora is perhaps my favorite villain beside Gohma. x)

He is very powerful (make a moon fall on a city is something Ganon will probaly never do) and has a unique style with strange looking symbols o_o

Well you have to consider that Majora and Ganondorf have two very different goals in mind. Ganondorf wanted the power to rule Hyrule, and eventually the entire world, one could assume. Majora, because of whatever horrible past the spirit within the mask had, just wanted to destroy Termina altogether. I'm sure that at some point in time, Ganon/dorf could have very well caused a major catastrophe and destroyed Hyrule, but that was not his wish at all. We see this in Wind Waker, at the final battle, where Ganondorf states that he coveted Hyrule. His one wish, when he finally had the Triforce within his grasp, was for Hyrule to return above the sea (so he could rule it, of course).

I think that Majora would be a great boss to have back but I also think that this wouldn't work out, You killed Majora, Therefore he should be dead, Even though Nintendo has the power to make it so that Majora survived the battle with Link I highly doubt that they would want to.

Also to the Ghoma, The reason Ganon/dorf would never destroy Hyrule or the Planet is that he wants full power, He wants to control his own huge Kingdom that is unstoppable and nothing could oppose. Majora on the other hand was bent on the destruction of Termina, He didn't want the power to live and control large areas, He wanted everything dead, He didn't want anything at all to survive.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
I know that they doesn't have the same goal, but that's what make Majora a great villain. He only want destruction, so he is (at least he should) be far more dangerous.

Also, unlike Ganondorf, he is a bit... crazy (like a child or even like Zant sometimes), and that's one more reason to like him =D

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Majora's mask did left a lot of mystery in the air, like the creator of the mask or the origin of termina, so yes, I would like to have another game that features the story of Majora's mask.

D

DaltonR6

That would be awesome. Majoras mask was cool. :) :wallmaster:

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
I really would really like to see a prequel of majoras mask so you can see its creators and maybe even play as FD or one of the tribe members.

I like the idea of a new majora's mask being a prequel instead of a sequel. In fact, me and my friend are making a concept of a majora's mask prequel with the tribesmen, a connection between termina and hyrule, and of course the creation of the fierce deity mask.

Majora's mask did left a lot of mystery in the air, like the creator of the mask or the origin of termina, so yes, I would like to have another game that features the story of Majora's mask.

There's a lot of mysteries in the Zelda series, and I think that Nintendo leaves them open for fans to think about.
But I think that Nintendo should leave them as mysteries.
It would take away some of the fun if we knew more about Majora.

Somethings are better off being left unsaid.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I like the idea of a new majora's mask being a prequel instead of a sequel. In fact, me and my friend are making a concept of a majora's mask prequel with the tribesmen, a connection between termina and hyrule, and of course the creation of the fierce deity mask.

that's me :wave: yep, I got the idea awhile ago to make a new Zelda game, it was his idea to use Majora instead of Ganon :clap:

I don't think the possesive mask should come back, but i do think that skull kid should come back. he could help link with various tasks in the woods or teach him a song. he's cute:love:

I'm going to disagree with MalonMaverick11. I think they should leave out the skullkid (he was in OOT, MM, and TP, so I don't want to see him again) and bring back either the possesive mask himself, or Majora as a being in general. Majora's a crazy entity that wants to destroy everything, which is a nice persona for an antagonist. In fact, what better for Link to save the world than from a mad demon who wants to obliterate everything as we know it? It would be a great game.

Nintendo doesn't need to "bring him back to life". They just need to either make a MM like sequal to the OOT like TP, or just start another timeline. It's as easy as that.

If Majora was brought back, they should also bring back his history of being a mask. With that, bring back the idea of different masks. It would be fun, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom